Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 12:58:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

39 Guests, 0 Users

Poll

I'm going to Comic Con in T.O. this weekend for the sole purpose of getting Ray Parks autograph.  I can only afford 1.  Which of the following items do I get him to sign

Unpunched Vintage Collection Darth Maul (with sticker)
- 2 (100%)
Tri logo Unleashed Darth Maul
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: March 19, 2017, 06:44:04 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which do I get signed???? Ray Park autograph  (Read 530 times)

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
Which do I get signed???? Ray Park autograph
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:44:04 PM »

Other suggestions are welcome.  I have considered my Episode 1 movie poster. 

I have the Jango/Boba Fett Unleashed signed by both Daniel Logan and Temuera Morrison and the original Vader (you don't know the power pose) signed by David Prowse.  I just know that my options for future signatures on that line are going to be more limited than the VC line (like Ahsoka, mon mothma and other characters from Rebels and the Animated Clone Wars lines.)

Does it even matter??

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
Re: Which do I get signed???? Ray Park autograph
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »

I'm kind of tired, so the following may sound a little garbled, but hopefully it'll help.

In short, I'm not sure if it matters.

Sure, the autograph selection for Unleashed is limited, but at the same time, Vader and the Fetts, like Maul, are major villains.  (Add in Palpatine and a Bulloch signed Fett and it can be a nice gallery of villains if your concerned about expanding it.) 

Just the Maul, Fetts, and Vader, would be quite a nice collection.  Jango and Maul are basically the coolest PT villains and Vader is Vader. Stay away from heroes in that line and the limited nature of Unleashed may not bother you so much. 

I actually don't feel like having those three would feel that "incomplete".  Stage it on a shelf with Vader (the big bad) flanked by the coolest (in my opinion) PT villains (yes, I know Jango's not a "villain" - just a guy trying to make his way in the universe or whatever he said, but I digress).  That can look cool.  (Having them all signed would add quite a specialness to that display, to boot.)     

Go the other way, and when opportunities arise, you can put together a collection of autographs collected on (what a lot of us consider) the standard bearer of SW merchandise, the 3.75" action figure, that span the saga.

One nice thing with this, if you don't mind "unofficial releases", is that you can create your own custom vintage style card backs for any action figure character you want, so their inclusion in TVC wouldn't be that important.  You can have a cohesive look with a whole range of characters - Lucas and Disney eras.  Or, let the figure size define the collection rather than the card back style.  Either/or, it's what you prefer. 

Whatever you decide, I think you'll be fine. 

Bottom line, it's your collection.  You're the one who's going to be looking at it.  You know your display space and your tastes.  Think about your options of things to be signed (i.e. toys, posters, 8x10s, magazines, etc.) and where you'd display them.  See if one signed Maul item fits your collection better than the others.  If one thing does stand out, maybe that's the thing to get signed.

I would suggest, however, when you do finally get the signature, whatever choice you've made, trust it and don't look back.  Just enjoy it.

Hope this helps.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 40 queries.