Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Commlink

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2017, 07:21:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: star wars celebration 2017  (Read 1293 times)

dagobahmaster

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
star wars celebration 2017
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:35:12 PM »

I just wanted to see if anyone will be headed to Orlando for celebration? :fight:

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
Re: star wars celebration 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:23:28 AM »

I will be there.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:57:09 PM »

I will be there.

lol, are you taking requests?

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »

Maybe. Depends what someone is looking for. I already have my name in for the Funko lottery for a friend of mine that collects them. The exclusives seem weak to me this time around, which is fine because exclusives can be a real pain to get.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »

You hit the nail right on the head.  The Funko exclusives are what I'd be after.  Although seeing so many almost makes me want to boycott them completely....

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 07:49:27 PM »

I'd like a Freddie Prinze Jr autograph but would not ask anyone to go through the hell that is line waiting there.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 08:19:53 PM »

Maybe. Depends what someone is looking for. I already have my name in for the Funko lottery for a friend of mine that collects them. The exclusives seem weak to me this time around, which is fine because exclusives can be a real pain to get.
Amen! I remember the exclusives at Celebration 4 in LA were about the worst of all. I spent like 2 hours every day in the same line trying to get exclusives for snow trooper friends, and every day they would hit their quota before I got there. I wasted like 8 hours of that convention over the 4 days with nothing to show for it at the end. :speechless-smiley-004:

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 08:25:03 PM »

By the way, I guess I could have said above, but I'm not going. I have been to Celebration 3 in Indianapolis, 4 in Los Angeles, 5 and 6 in Orlando, and 7 in Anaheim. This will be the first one in North America that I have not gone to since number 2. I thought about going. The lines are a pain, in general, I never get to see all of the stuff that I want to.  Despite that, I actually decided about 2 months ago that I would go, but the 4-day badges were "sold out" (even though there were available badges on all 4 days :crazy:) That was the last straw, so I just decided not to go. The funny thing is, I have to be in Orlando from April 17-22, so it just would have meant flying down 4 days early, but that business of not selling a 4-day ticket when all 4 days were available ticked me off. Such a pathetic and obvious cash grab.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 10:53:56 AM »

Ya, that ticket thing is strange. I don't see why they can't keep selling the 4 day passes. As you said it is probably all about the money. They probably saw the majority of people were buying the 4 day passes so they cut them off forcing them to buy the one days for a lot more money. I generally don't like exclusives because they are a hassle to get and a time waster of sorts. If I win the Funko lottery they seem to be allowing for time slots to get your stuff so I am hoping the lines will be controlled. The last Celebration I went to was in #4 in LA. I think I met you brianakarobin in line at Celebration 3. Were you there with your brother?
The Celebration 3 lines were the longest I have ever been involved in. They were crazy! That exclusive store was nuts there. I think I spent about 3-4 hours in that line and all I wanted was the Vader figure. In the end I got lucky because they started to yell out for people to come to the front who had cash and wanted the Vader figure only. I probably shaved off another hour or so that way. Overall, it was a great experience I will never forget.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 10:42:36 PM »

I went to Celebration 5 and 6.  In my opinion Celebration 5 was the best and I think the things that set this Celebration apart from the rest of them were:
1) The Special ticket Disney/Celebration The Last Tour to Endor.  This event was amazing.
Beside seeing George Lucas fight Mickey Mouse with a light sabre and the evening Star Wars Dance Party - the thing that was truly out of the world was the Indiana Jones/Star Wars show.   
2) The Ralph Mcquarrie Exhibit - amazing exhibit - which included the very first sketch he ever did for star wars.  Also the best, most valuable exclusive of any Celebration was part of the show.  (12) Hand Signed - by Ralph - Special Prints  - there were only (80) of each and many sets were separated.   They are most amazing reproductions of his work.
3) The interview with George, Carrie and Mark done by Jon Stewart.   This is the best interview to have ever happen or will ever happen at any Celebration.

Have a great time if you are going!!!!
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »

They pulled RFR from the schedule.  Disappointing on many levels.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 06:30:40 AM »

What is RFR?

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 06:46:19 AM »

What is RFR?
Rebel Force Radio.   There's a witchhunt going on right now in SW podcasting.  The RFR guys may have made a misstep, but people are out to hurt them.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 01:36:54 PM »

What is RFR?
Rebel Force Radio.   There's a witchhunt going on right now in SW podcasting.  The RFR guys may have made a misstep, but people are out to hurt them.

Thanks for the reply.   Sounds like cool name Rebel Force Radio.   Why would someone be after a bunch fans doing talking about what they love?  I mean it's not like they are saying Marvel SuperHero's are better than DC SuperHero's - then I would totally support burning them at the stake.  Sorry jj just could not resist.   :P

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 09:12:56 PM »

I love.... that YOU love DC.  :winking0071:
Proud collector since 1978.

Comics for sale!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 167188
  • Total Topics: 14236
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 61
Total: 64

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 38 queries.