Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 01:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

42 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: star wars celebration 2017  (Read 3243 times)

richkulach

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Geologist, now not-in-training
    • View Profile
Re: star wars celebration 2017
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 03:34:40 AM »

I'm sitting this one out. The wife and I had some talk, early and late, but it just wouldn't work.

I know everyone has busy days planned but I was wondering if I could get a little help with an exclusive? The Topps digital guys are there and in the Star Wars Card Trader app there is an exclusive card available at their booth. It should be totally free, to the best of my knowledge. You just need the app. They will likely just punch your username into their computer and give you a pack in the app with said exclusive card. Then we trade digitally to get it here. Easy, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. And have fun.

Rich
Richkulach
richkulach@hotmail.com

Regina, Saskatchewan

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 09:49:45 PM »

I'm sitting this one out. The wife and I had some talk, early and late, but it just wouldn't work.

I know everyone has busy days planned but I was wondering if I could get a little help with an exclusive? The Topps digital guys are there and in the Star Wars Card Trader app there is an exclusive card available at their booth. It should be totally free, to the best of my knowledge. You just need the app. They will likely just punch your username into their computer and give you a pack in the app with said exclusive card. Then we trade digitally to get it here. Easy, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. And have fun.

Rich
Richkulach
I hope someone can help you out Rich.  We're friends on that app!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 12:11:47 AM »

I guess this is as good a place as any to discuss the reveals so far at Celebration... if there's a better place, please let me know. :)

Landspeeder looks pretty cool. I'd like to get one, though it sucks having to buy another Luke to get it. Although, with the poncho, Gilligan hat and rifle it gives him a different look at least.

I mainly get OT, but Gree is my one clone weakness. I have a small collection of Gree in his various forms, so the 6" will be a must for me. He looks really nice.

Oh, and Rey and her speeder. No interest for me. Easy pass.

And who's gonna collect the Forces of Destiny Adventure Figures?! Wow, that came out of left field! How about that Chewie??!! He's so hilariously bad looking he's kinda cool! In a weird train-wreck/circus-weirdo kinda way! The cartoon actually looks kinda interesting. Seems some folks are pretty angry about these. Not my cup of tea, but whatever.

And so far nothing new at all regarding 3.75", let alone SA 3.75". But the weekend is just getting started, so hopefully there will be something of interest for us 3.75" fans.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 08:37:33 AM »

I think the Forces of Destiny dolls are aimed at the young girls market.  They are "dolls" after all, not our action figures.  I know my 6 year old granddaughter would love to have all of them including the cuddly Chewie and Ewok.  It brings a whole new generation into the Star Wars genre.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2017, 09:04:43 AM »

I heard getting in yesterday was a disaster. people were literally waiting hours.

they seemed to have fixed the problem for the remaining days by offering multiple entrances.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 12:45:26 PM »

Landspeeder looks pretty cool. I'd like to get one, though it sucks having to buy another Luke to get it. Although, with the poncho, Gilligan hat and rifle it gives him a different look at least.

Well it looks like it's a brand new head sculpt as well (which would be great since the BS one wasn't that exciting, I felt like it needed a remake or a better repaint, similar to what they did for Leia).

And so far nothing new at all regarding 3.75", let alone SA 3.75". But the weekend is just getting started, so hopefully there will be something of interest for us 3.75" fans.

Errr, what about the Sandcrawler?  I'm shocked that no one else is talking about this... I guess it's not ready for a full preview yet since all I noticed was the black silhouette of the proposed 3.75" scale Sandcrawler but at least someone (not Hasbro apparently) still cares about us lowly 3.75" collectors. Too bad it's likely a Disney exclusive, but maybe if it shows up at the Disney store we Canucks can buy the bleep out of it to show Disney that people still care about this scale.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=20080
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »

I'm excited about the sandcrawler. But not the Disney exclusivetivity. :(

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »

Well it looks like it's a brand new head sculpt as well (which would be great since the BS one wasn't that exciting, I felt like it needed a remake or a better repaint, similar to what they did for Leia).

When I look at Luke face on this figure it reminds me of Carrot Top.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 09:38:02 PM »

The Celebration is going ok. The organization though is quite terrible on almost all fronts. Thursday was a nightmare to get in. The autograph area is a disaster zone and not organized well at all. Topps should be ashamed of themselves. The Celebration Store itself is generally a 3-4 hour ordeal. However, it is nice to immerse oneself in Star Wars for four days and not be at work.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2017, 10:49:00 PM »

Sadly, this sounds so much like every report I've ever read from every Celebration. I wonder why they haven't figured out ways to make things more efficient for the attendees.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 10:04:22 AM »

You would think they would have it figured out. A lot of the fixes really would not be difficult to do. For example having more than one entrance for thousands of people. They did fix this a bit on Friday thankfully but I won't get into the crazy cue thing they were doing.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 10:29:22 AM »

Hey guys, has anyone heard anymore information from Celebration regarding the hinted "Sandcrawler Mystery" ? ???

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »

I noticed that in part of the Hasbro presentation it was mentioned that there had been 160 six inch figures released so far.  I did a quick count on the number I own and came up with 96.  I might be missing 6 or 8 that I wasn't interested in but I don't think I am short by more than 60!
Perhaps they are counting new figures in production?

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2017, 08:05:07 PM »

I noticed that in part of the Hasbro presentation it was mentioned that there had been 160 six inch figures released so far.  I did a quick count on the number I own and came up with 96.  I might be missing 6 or 8 that I wasn't interested in but I don't think I am short by more than 60!
Perhaps they are counting new figures in production?
A collector I follow on FB said the same thing - about 100.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 09:08:53 PM »

So vintage is coming back! With SA figures. This is very nice to see. Hopefully some new OT figures will be among them. And they won't be walmart exclusive, but available to all retailers. Very good news. I will still be selective with my purchases. OT for sure, and everything else on a case by case basis. But I'll be more likely to buy one and even sometimes 2 if its in vintage packaging. They apparently mentioned trying to get back to more weird aliens and stuff too, so that is good as well. I'd also like to see R2 and the couple others of the original 12 on a Star Wars vintage card, so hopefully they'll get to those as well. 

And they revealed 6" Thrawn. They seem to know all my non-OT weaknesses. First Gree, now my favourite EU character in Thrawn. I'll pass on the SDCC one, even though it would be nice to have the extras. At this 6" scale, I'm not too concerned about all the extras. The Jaina Solo, now that I've seen her, can't say I'm that interested. She looks great, but I have no attachment to the character, and a pilot outfit doesn't catch my interest.

Regarding the Disney Sandcrawler playset, does it count? Seriously, it seems like a silly question, but we all draw lines in different places, and it's an easy way for me to draw a line; Not collecting disney stuff because it's not Hasbro. Or is it? I'm still fuzzy on all the various disney figures and who actually produces them. It still could be cool, but it could also be totally lame. No doubt either way it will be expensive. But I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Certainly some positives to come out of celebration for collectors of all scales. Hopefully the vintage comeback is handled well (distribution, sufficient quantities to meet demand without over-saturation) and we can get a steady flow of figures to keep everyone happy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 38 queries.