- Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Looking into the forum errors

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 17, 2018, 05:50:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

74 Guests, 2 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: star wars celebration 2017  (Read 2997 times)

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: star wars celebration 2017
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »

Hey guys, has anyone heard anymore information from Celebration regarding the hinted "Sandcrawler Mystery" ? ???

It's always possible that there's no more info right now because it was just a trial balloon. I mean, they could have only used a silhouette just to gauge the reaction from the audience to see if anyone wants a Sandcrawler (it's a sure sell for many of us old-timers but you never know).

Also, it occurred to me that it said "playset" which makes me think that it leaves them the option of either giving us a full vehicle that unfolds into a playset like that clone wars shuttle that Hasbro did (back when times were good) or it could be a cheap cardboard silhouette of the Sandcrawler with a plastic base reminiscent to the Kenner Sandcrawler and still qualify as a playset...

Edit: someone in the RS forums suggested something I hadn't thought of, it could be a reuse of the Hasbro Sandcrawler mold... that wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility and a more affordable solution for Disney since no new (or much new) tooling would be involved. I really hope that's not the case.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:25:58 PM by napseeker »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: star wars celebration 2017
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »

I would bet the farm it will open sideways & work in conjunction with the Disney "Droid Factory" R2 & 3PO units. More for play than display, and honestly there is room for that.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

• Total Posts: 169640
  • Total Topics: 14384
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 74
Total: 76

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 39 queries.