Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 06:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

23 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.75 SA TFA Han Solo  (Read 422 times)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
3.75 SA TFA Han Solo
« on: June 14, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »

I really wish that we got the regular Han for the 3.75" Black Series line.  It was a limited line so they should have made the core versions instead of ones with limited screen time, so it was disappointing they went with the Starkiller base one with trench coat.  Since they are finally decently priced, I decided to go ahead and make him into his normal TFA look. 

I cut off the scarf, and gave him arms from an Indiana Jones figure and used the 5POA jacket.  I cut off the collar from the 5POA one.  I liked the 5POA headsculpt and paint better than the BS one but the neck joints are different sizes, so I had to modify the BS Han neck ball joint to accept the 5POA head.  Honestly, this is what I believe Hasbro should have given us, especially in a limited line.

B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=23511.msg214395#msg214395
Wants:
BD42 - dark bearded Hoth Trooper
Both Rebel Soldiers from the Defense of Hoth sets
VC68 - Echo Base Rebel Trooper

Feedback: http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5187.0

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: 3.75 SA TFA Han Solo
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »

Nice job!  :)` :D

Here's my take, done last year. Same recipe, using Indiana Jones arms, but I used the collar from TFA Starkiller Base Han coat, carved it and glued it before repainting the whole shirt. :)

Definitely one Hasbro should have released. I do hope he's gonna be on a TVC cardback next year.

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
Re: 3.75 SA TFA Han Solo
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »

Nice work, guys!

I can understand if, because of budget or whatever, Hasbro made the figure choices they did in order to try to bring more variety of costumes to the market and collectors, but, at the same time, I suspect Han in regular gear would have sold better. 

For myself, I don't collect the TFA BS, but, with the recent price drop, I might have considered a normal TFA Han.  No real interest in Starkiller Han.

Seeing your repaint of Han's head, JediPatrick, is a reminder of just how good some of Hasbro's sculpts are before they get "lost" in the paint job. 

Personally, I do like the "toyeticness" of the 5POA paintjob, but JediPatrick's repaint takes the sculpt to another level and really brings out a "Harrison Ford" look that I didn't realize was there. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170184
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 23
Total: 25

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 38 queries.