Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 07:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 2 Users

Poll

What do you rate this book?

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 2 (100%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thrawn  (Read 458 times)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Thrawn
« on: July 16, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »

Hardcover by Timothy Zahn

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Thrawn
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:47:55 PM »

After spending months finishing Aftermath: Empire's End, it took me all of a couple of days to read this one. I loved it overall. Good story, good writing, and great to see Thrawn again. Although he was officially canonized through the Rebels show, the details from this book basically confirm all that we know about Thrawn from the Heir to the Empire trilogy and others, so it, solidifies a lot of those details (even if some details now have to be wiped out in the new canon, like Jacen and Jaina being born).

Anyway, worth a read. For a while, it is a one track book, with only a linear story, but it does eventually split into two tracks. Aside from the relative simplicity, and the lack of a wrap-up of Arihnda Price (Maybe it is fleshed out in Rebels - I haven't kept up on that), it was a great read.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:55:10 PM »

I voted a 4.

MILD SPOILERS FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!

It's funny that you posted this, because I literally finished the book last night.  Way better than the first Aftermath book. 

This book was a fun fast read.  I will admit that I know nothing about the Legends Thrawn character but have seen season 3 of Rebels.  The book leads into Rebels and a few characters from Rebels are in the book.  Most prominent  is Gov Pryce of Lothal.  She is the B story in this novel. 

Some other things to mention:
- The end of chapter 2 really catapults the story.
- The story is told from the point of view that Thrawn, and by association the Empire, are on the good side.
- Didn't like Pryce's story that much. 
- I really liked the Emperors cameos.  I could hear his voice in my head when he spoke.

The story is about the meteoric rise of Thrawn and how he became a Grand Admiral so quickly.  When going back and looking at his story in Rebels, you can see that Thrawn was dumbed down some for the show. 

After reading this I get the feeling that Rebels won't kill him off but something will happen that will cause him to flee back to unknown space. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:01:27 AM »

I voted a 4.

It's funny that you posted this, because I literally finished the book last night.  Way better than the first Aftermath book. 

This book was a fun fast read.  I will admit that I know nothing about the Legends Thrawn character but have seen season 3 of Rebels.  The book leads into Rebels and a few characters from Rebels are in the book.  Most prominent  is Gov Pryce of Lothal.  She is the B story in this novel. 

- The story is told from the point of view that Thrawn, and by association the Empire, are on the good side.
- I really liked the Emperors cameos.  I could hear his voice in my head when he spoke.

The story is about the meteoric rise of Thrawn and how he became a Grand Admiral so quickly.  When going back and looking at his story in Rebels, you can see that Thrawn was dumbed down some for the show. 

After reading this I get the feeling that Rebels won't kill him off but something will happen that will cause him to flee back to unknown space.

I agree entirely with this post.

The only thing I wish could have somehow been snuck in there was a young Lieutenant Pellaeon.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 06:03:35 PM »

I voted a 4.

I agree entirely with this post.

The only thing I wish could have somehow been snuck in there was a young Lieutenant Pellaeon.
That probably would have been too much of a concession to the Legends fans out there  :winking0071:
I agree, though - Pellaeon was a great character, and so tied to Thrawn, so it would have been nice to see him. Even nicer if they snuck in Mara Jade :)

It was probably the best book of the new canon so far, though, so I'm not going to complain.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 11:08:07 PM »

I'm moving on to Bloodlines now.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 10:32:12 PM »

Zhan says he is working on a new Thrawn novel!!  Thumbs up emojii
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169108
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 54
Total: 56

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 42 queries.