Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 06:33:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: EPVIII - Pre-Release Discussion, early photos, etc. BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS  (Read 1186 times)

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

sometimes they should just leave things alone...is that the new royal guard I guess?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:50:51 PM by jjreason »

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: new images for Ep.8
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 07:44:08 PM »

Honestly don't care for the design.  I'm actually considering selling off all my First Order and only collect OTC Imperials.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »

agreed on that one! even the stormtroopers from TFA dont really do anything for me. the death troopers are great though. Rogue One blew TFA away.

these new royal guards kinda suck. of course they have to alter things. then crazy people wont buy as much if they dont. always has to be something new and diff. not even cause of the toys but thats just how it goes.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »

They look cool to me. There has to be some sort of progression shown after 30 years, this is easy to see the inspiration but new enough to attract the eyes of collectors. Not bad. I will be happy to buy one on clearance for $7 or less.  :D

And I will add - before the lightning strikes - some militant folks would consider this a spoiler - I'm going to start a new thread for EpVIII photo/story discussion & hope that we can all work together to keep that stuff partitioned away from the ones who want to see nothing, hear nothing & know nothing.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

And, never being too shy to "double post" - here's my contribution. These little guys are called "Porgs" & I have no idea what role they will play. My plan is to pretty much stay out of this topic, but I didn't want to act like Mr. Bossypants & not provide anything to discuss.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile

sometimes they should just leave things alone...is that the new royal guard I guess?

I believe they are called the Praetorian Guard, so basically yup. I really hope Hasbro isn't going to produce too many of these figures since I suspect they're going to pegwarm (just keep re-releasing the 3.75" SA Royal Guard, at least until I can buy a few for myself lol)

So far I've not seen a single character beyond old Luke, Rey, and Kylo, that I'd want to buy as a toy. The ship and vehicle designs really aren't all that appealing and boy the FO baddies are just disappointments so far - well, at least Capt Phasma looked amazing, until you watch her fold like a newspaper the moment she's handed an empty threat by an Imperial janitor. 

Hasbro should just release more Rogue1 SA 3.75" figures (Merrick, Raddus, blue squadron, etc) if they'd like to actually turn a profit.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

Kylo's TIE whatever is about as exciting as a tupperware party. :(

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

At least we finally get to see Snoke in the flesh. He literally looks like an advertisement not to smoke. Here's my interpretation of him:

Try vaping instead 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:30:29 PM by napseeker »

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile

Does anybody watch the Star Wars Show on Youtube??  They had the porgs on there this week. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

thanks for the move jj...I didn't even think about it : )

and LOL to napseeker re:snoke.

As for the movie, I guess it will be an updated ESB...I wonder which one of them will get the carbonite treatment? : )

Mongo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I Am The One
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »

They look cool to me. There has to be some sort of progression shown after 30 years.

But yet Jedi and sith havent changed in 1000s of years. I cant stand the fact that they have to change things every time.
A friend once asked me, "Why does a movie have such a grip on my life?" I am waiting for a good answer still.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

That's like comparing Buddhist monks (little change over 100s of years) to active service military & police personnel (tons of change over 100s of years).

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile

Those guards will probably be in the movie for all of two seconds. The guards look ok. Not as slick as the original Royal Guard for sure.

I love the smoking ad. That is funny.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I should've labelled that anti-smoking ad with the brand name "Snoke's Smokes" (oh the ideas that come to you only after you've shut off Photoshop and gone to bed).

In other news, Major Derlin is BACK!  Very neat to see Cliff Clavin reprise his role again after so many years:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Ratzenberger_Reprises_Roll_175426.asp

Mongo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I Am The One
    • View Profile

That's like comparing Buddhist monks (little change over 100s of years) to active service military & police personnel (tons of change over 100s of years).

I wouldn't call them active military or police personnel. They are more like Queens royal palace guards in Britain, which haven't changed in 100s of years.
A friend once asked me, "Why does a movie have such a grip on my life?" I am waiting for a good answer still.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168245
  • Total Topics: 14301
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 61
Total: 63

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 39 queries.