Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 12:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

60 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Black Series (3.75" Figure Line)  (Read 5582 times)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Black Series (3.75" Figure Line)
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 04:18:49 PM »

Got the Skiff Guard and Ree-Yees…like them both, disappointed they don't have holsters as they both come with two weapons each.

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »

Are many people here still collecting this line? Since the Black Series started, I have only bought 2 figures, Padme from the very first wave and Rey. It's not that I don't like them, the price has just gone too far beyond what I can justify spending on a 3 3/4 figure. I was looking at Kylo Ren when I was at Wal-Mart this morning and thinking that he would be nice to have, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy him due to the price.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »

I have maybe a dozen of them, and all are still in their packages so the benefits of super articulation are lost on me.  I am just as happy with a 5 POA Kylo Ren at $7.92 than a black series version at $17.95.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2016, 01:06:50 PM »

Are many people here still collecting this line? Since the Black Series started, I have only bought 2 figures, Padme from the very first wave and Rey. It's not that I don't like them, the price has just gone too far beyond what I can justify spending on a 3 3/4 figure. I was looking at Kylo Ren when I was at Wal-Mart this morning and thinking that he would be nice to have, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy him due to the price.

Of course. These figures are really the best quality price that still exists for SW figures. The look of the 6 inches figures is way too poor (look at the ugliest Leia ever produced!!) and the variety is too slim compared to what the 3.75" line has to offer.

Yes, the price point (17.86$+taxes) is way above what we used to pay for a 3.75" figure (12$), but honestly so is a 30$ 6 inches figure I have no interest in and no place to put in my 1000+ 3.75" figures collection. For me, 30$ for a 6 inches figure, even if there's more plastic than a 3.75" figure?

For me, the math is simple: 17.86$ is still less then 30$. It's 12$ less. Whatever the product is. And so 3.75" is still a winning situation for me. Because I'm buying a figure that's costing me less. And takes about half the space of these huge low quality largely overpriced figures.

And regarding likeliness and quality of sculpt, there's simply no comparison. The amount of efforts and details put in these 3.75" compared to the lack of effort and likeliness of these larger scale figure is disturbing: how come the sculptors can screw up the likeliness and painting of a figure head that is almost twice as big as their small counterpart? To me, the explanation is simple: the sculptors simply don't care. And they know people don't care and will still buy these things anyway. So, like their Design Director Steve Evans, they don't give a damn either. The Hell, they don't give a damn about any of their product anymore. Sadly.

So yes, the 3.75" is still alive for me and for a lot of angry SW collectors that have been in the game for the past 15-20 years. Hopefully we will see more and more. Even at 20$, I would still buy them over the 6 inches line...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2016, 01:16:36 PM »

Since the switch to the black box package with the diagonal cut window I haven't bought a single one (in either size actually).  I keep my stuff imprisoned in their package and have never liked the look of them.  The TIE pilot package was the last of the line for me.  The price jump only helped me decided to quit the line. 

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2016, 01:32:39 PM »

3.75 is still the core of SW collecting for me. So it's still alive even if on life support. I mainly only get OT stuff so right now there's no 3.75 black to get. I have the ERG Lando and ackbar from before. I did pick up the TFA figures because I got most of them for 9.99. I have yet to get a single one at the new $18 price point. And at $18 I'm not buying Rogue 1 figures. OT only at that price.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 07:58:37 PM »

Being blown away by the sight of a super-articulated 3.75" scale WAMPA!!!  Amazing!   

Hard to tell if that Probot has super-articulated legs, but the paintjob (or dark black plastic) looks fantastic.

Even that 5POA Hoth Leia looks pretty good too (although the final retail version will probably suffer the usual drop in quality and poorer paint apps).

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/SDCC-2017-Hasbro-Star-Wars-3.75-Inch-002.jpg

And 6" Tantive IV Rebel trooper. They better be selling solid case packs of him...

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/SDCC-2017-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Fri-018.jpg
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:05:25 PM by napseeker »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2017, 09:08:27 PM »

Those items do look good!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169102
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 60
Total: 63

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 39 queries.