Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 07:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Black Series Lando, Emperor Guard 6" Wave  (Read 1574 times)

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
Star Wars Black Series Lando, Emperor Guard 6" Wave
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:26:26 AM »

anyone seen these released in canada. or online.
seen a few sites on line but all sold out . if anyone knows site have instock appreciate help getting the 4 figures. thanks
With Wookie Rage

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Black Series Lando, Emperor Guard 6" Wave
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »

I checked a few places (such as funky toys, canucktibles) and there's nothing there - sold out.

Duclos has Qui-Gon, Lando, and the Tusken Raider in stock, however, they're $39.95 and up - https://duclostoys.com/star-wars/#!/6/c/12506194/offset=40&sort=priceAsc.  (ERG is sold out at $54.95)

https://northmencollectibles.ca/ isn't working for me, so you could check them.  I think I heard new stuff is typically reasonably priced there.

I suspect (or, rather, hope) this wave will show up in greater numbers in September, but, of course, there's no guarantee.   

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »

thanks bespin, have heard that too and have also herad that the wave was going to be skipped up here.
With Wookie Rage

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »

Luckily the Emperor Guards were the only ones I wanted and I managed to get 2 from Gamestop in the US.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »

really want one of those. be willing to buy from states too if anyone recommend a good site from states.
With Wookie Rage

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »

Sorry, don't know any.  I just have a friend who lives in Dallas that gets stuff for me at cost and ships them to me.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 04:09:51 PM »

any one deal with Big Bad Toy Store in states
With Wookie Rage

Del Starkiller

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 08:35:02 AM »

I have purchased a few figures from Big Bad Toy Store. Everything I have received has been well packaged and in perfect condition including a 6 inch Bossk that was pristine and obviously never on a shelf. There is, of course, the possibility of the dreaded "duty" rearing its ugly head but that's the problem with cross-border shopping. I have never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them. Hope this helps.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 09:32:15 AM »

BBTS provides good service. I've used them many times over the years. Particularly when the Can $ was on par. Now it can be very expensive. And depending on the item their prices aren't that great. And for some reason I always get hit by customs when I ordered from them. But service is always great with them.

Dorksidetoys might be another option. I preordered two ERGs and Lando just in case I dont find them at retail here. Still waiting on them since the estimated date to ship is sept or oct. Their shipping seems a little cheaper than BBTS and I've had good service with them in the past. And you can cancel your preorder with them as long as they haven't started the packing of your item. You just go into your account and cancel. No hassle.

Should also mention that these may still come out here. I'd look on forcefriday as it wouldn't surprise me if non-TLJ stuff is sitting in the back rooms waiting for that day. It's happened before.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:34:58 AM by Darth Cujo »

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:50 AM »

thanks for all the info, ended up order the four for 100 bucks us thru big bad.
figure better before can t find them at all. and hope the customs not to bad. but im sure my luck will be that will find them this weekend or on force friday but not sure. all my local tru walmart are so full of older figures still.
With Wookie Rage

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:30 AM »

any one deal with Big Bad Toy Store in states

About once every 6 months I will save up and order from them. Fast service, tonnes of packing, great response when there is a problem. Recently ordered a case of GOTG II 6 inch and they shipped it in a bigger box in case I was keeping a sealed case. I also bought the ERG from them and the box was nice and clean.

Shipping sucks as do the duties but when you factor in the cost of having to find the stuff you want or the outrageous price difference between Canada and US, sometimes you end up at zero loss or even a little savings.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »

I use BBTS all the time. For me I have limited alternatives. My nearest Walmart is an hour drive away and the nearest city is a 4 hour drive. I have never had an issue with BBTS. Sure, I may pay a bit more but a least I can get what I want. Shipping isn't too bad and yes I do have to pay the taxes at the post office when the box arrives but it really hassle free. Sometimes they have decent sales. I used to go with Steve at Legends but sadly he closed his store years ago. It was like my crack dealer leaving town.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 04:42:18 PM »

I use BBTS all the time. For me I have limited alternatives. My nearest Walmart is an hour drive away and the nearest city is a 4 hour drive. I have never had an issue with BBTS. Sure, I may pay a bit more but a least I can get what I want. Shipping isn't too bad and yes I do have to pay the taxes at the post office when the box arrives but it really hassle free. Sometimes they have decent sales. I used to go with Steve at Legends but sadly he closed his store years ago. It was like my crack dealer leaving town.

Yeah, I used to use Legends as well.  All my local ones stopped getting Star Wars and would only order if I commit to buying a case so I don't bother.  I'm lucky to have a US source.  With the crazy prices here, it's sometimes better just to order online and you just pay a little more than trying to find it locally.  You might come out ahead too cause you don't waste your time and gas.

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »

Yeah, I used to use Legends as well.  All my local ones stopped getting Star Wars and would only order if I commit to buying a case so I don't bother.  I'm lucky to have a US source.  With the crazy prices here, it's sometimes better just to order online and you just pay a little more than trying to find it locally.  You might come out ahead too cause you don't waste your time and gas.

I used Legends once in a while for stuff, but at the time I was living in Saskatoon and had access to TRU, Walmart, Zellers, Superstore, Winners, and London Drugs. After I moved to my small Podunk town, I have access to Extra Foods and Bargain Shop. Now by the time I get to a Walmart (1/2 hour away) or to a TRU (1.5 hours away), everything is sold out or well picked over.

I've used some Canadian stores to have things shipped in, but Canada Post is so bloody expensive. (Cost more shipping from Ontario to Sask. than from California to Sask.)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »

Haha...Canadapost is so expensive that I actually use a 3rd party shipping service to ship to the US using USPS and it's still cheaper than Canadapost and I get 3 day shipping with tracking too!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169109
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 74
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 37 queries.