Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:55:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

73 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fan Expo 2017 Toronto  (Read 671 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Fan Expo 2017 Toronto
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:20:11 PM »

I went to Fan Expo this Thursday and Saturday, and let me tell you it made my Force Friday or Force Weekend.

I picked up the following at the Hasbrostore (had to make 2 trips back and forth from the hotel):

BS Landspeeder with Luke exclusive $139.99
BS Landspeeder with Luke regular ed $74.97 on sale
BS Rey with Speeder $74.97 on sale
BS Thrawn exclusive $69.99
BS Rey/Luke 2-pack exclusive $69.99
BS Rey, Thrawn, Luke, Hera  $29.99 each.  I didn't pick up Kylo ,  Stormtrooper or Darth Vader.

They also had all of the wave 1 3.75 5POA figures, BS Luke and Vader statue centerpiece thingies, poe Dameron electronic helmet, and the new BS Rey FX lightsaber.

They didn't seem to be running out of stock on anything and I was last there at 2pm today.

Oh...and I got a 10% off savings card good until the end of January 2018 on star wars toys at toys r us stores and online. Some exclusions apply.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:28:37 PM by IanToronto »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Expo 2017 Toronto
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 04:55:22 PM »

Ian:

Did you have to pay tax on top of those prices or were the taxes included in the price?  Did they allow you to book a space in line like they did last year?

Sounds like you made some great scores.  Did you enjoy the show - what sessions did you see?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend at the show.

My wife made my force weekend .   I was driving from Toronto to cottage north of Kingston and was no where near a store or computer.  But my wife was able to score all of the SDCC exclusives from the HASBROTOYSHOP on Friday.   

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:59:38 PM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 05:05:23 PM »

Nice work, Mrs CJ!

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 05:13:15 PM »

It's Hasbro and toys r us....so unfortunately taxes are always extra.  Even though it's all Hasbro products, it's more of a Toys r Us store as you get a Toys R Us receipt when you cash out. Even though there is about 100000 people at the show, I did not have to wait in line for the hasbrostore....I just walked in. There is a limit of 1 of each and every item.  I went in the store 3 times today...spoke with the same Hasbro folks and they didnt give me a hard time. Lots of stuff still left.

If everyone is wondering why there is no product on the shelves at Walmart or Toys R Us retail stores it's because it's all at Fan Expo.

Saw some of the stars there today....Norman Reedus, Anthony Daniels, Famke Jansen, Richard Dryfuss ( please excuse the spelling of names).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:16:49 PM by IanToronto »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »

Curious, did they have any of the theoretically WM exclusive small Black Series figures or the 6" ERG there? Hoping to see those on the shelves soon.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 08:16:44 PM »

Did you happen to see the G.I. Joe Cobra Missile Command Headquarters and if so how much it cost?

A friend is going on Sunday and she offered to pick up a couple things for me. Am hoping the missile command HQ is still in stock.

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »

It's Hasbro and toys r us....so unfortunately taxes are always extra.  Even though it's all Hasbro products, it's more of a Toys r Us store as you get a Toys R Us receipt when you cash out. Even though there is about 100000 people at the show, I did not have to wait in line for the hasbrostore....I just walked in. There is a limit of 1 of each and every item.  I went in the store 3 times today...spoke with the same Hasbro folks and they didnt give me a hard time. Lots of stuff still left.

If everyone is wondering why there is no product on the shelves at Walmart or Toys R Us retail stores it's because it's all at Fan Expo.

Saw some of the stars there today....Norman Reedus, Anthony Daniels, Famke Jansen, Richard Dryfuss ( please excuse the spelling of names).

Yeah I didn't know about the limit, went in with my daughter and they would not let me buy an extra Hera or Rey for her.  So of course I sent my wife and picked up what I needed.

And yup, all the product was at Fan expo.  I did some math and I'd guess they had anywhere between 300-400 cases there of everything *per day*.

Curious, did they have any of the theoretically WM exclusive small Black Series figures or the 6" ERG there? Hoping to see those on the shelves soon.

Nope - only waves of the new stuff.  That wave is gonna be scarce here in Canada.  EB Games had some of them, though all the ERGs were gone on Thursday when I was there.

Did you happen to see the G.I. Joe Cobra Missile Command Headquarters and if so how much it cost?

A friend is going on Sunday and she offered to pick up a couple things for me. Am hoping the missile command HQ is still in stock.

I saw it there.  Sorry can't remember the price.  It looked darn cool.  Super retro.

Arc66

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »

I just got back from fan expo today.  There was a ton of stock left at the Hasbro store and almost everything was on sale.  I grabbed a Thrawn exclusive, man oh man the packaging is nice.  I'm an opener and even I'm debating on keeping this sealed and displaying it as it is.
It will be done my master.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »

Can you explain what you mean by "on sale"..

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 03:53:08 PM »

Hasbrostore is managed by Toys R Us.  The regular price of the landspeeder with Luke, and Rey with speeder is $99.99. They are currently 25% off at Fan Expo for $74.97.

Arc66

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 09:56:52 PM »

25% off for most of the stuff I was looking at , Thrawn exclusive, BS 6 in TLJ  characters, Rey, Thrawn, Luke, Vader etc, Speeders (exclusives and non), Poe's Helmet.  I guess Sunday is the day for deals but if they sell out before then you're out of luck.
It will be done my master.

Subcoolin

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »

The original price for the sdcc Luke speeder was 139.99 then dropped to 106 plus tax. I missed it on the drop in price!! :explosion:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »

Well good and bad for me from FanExpo Hasbro store.

Good: My friend was able to get me Thrawn and at the sale price of 25% off.

Bad: Not only did they drop the price on everything on Sunday, they also dropped the limit. My friend was there at 12:30pm and they had already sold out of the GI Joe set. And they had sold all remain stock to one guy earlier in the day. So I was SOL for the Joe exclusive.

So some scalper scored a bunch of the Joe exclusive for $60 each including tax. I can't belive they would do that that early in the day. I get it if there's an hour left or something but that's a bit ridiculous.

Oh well. I was on the fence about getting Thrawn but it's a beautiful set so I'm very happy to have it at the sale price.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168448
  • Total Topics: 14313
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 73
Total: 74

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 38 queries.