Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

73 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Lego Falcon  (Read 796 times)

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
New Lego Falcon
« on: September 05, 2017, 07:11:47 PM »

Anyone thinking of getting this?

https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Millennium-Falcon-75192

It would be awesome to do with my kids down the road (a few years) when they're older.

And although really, really expensive...I am being told the price is reasonable by some.

Thoughts? 

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: New Lego Falcon
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 08:28:46 PM »

I'm tempted... would be soooo cool. And my daughter might even enjoy building it with me.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:04:17 AM »

It will be a generation before we see anything like this again. And I imagine they won't be making a lot of them (comparatively). So I am leaning to buying now rather than it being unavailable a few years from now...

Brinn 71

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Snowtroopers do it better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 10:26:59 AM »

I'd love to get it, but DAAAAAMN that price!  With exchange right now it would be stupid.  But I'd LOVE to own one.  And WHERE to put it once its built!?  :O
I AM CANADIAN!

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »

I think it's $900 CAD...which is actually a very good price if you consider it will sell for $800 USD in the states.

but yeah, space is another animal. I guess I can put it next to the MR version : )

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 03:47:56 PM »

I'm not sure $900 for a Lego set can ever be considered reasonable, but it does look very cool :love0030:

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 06:06:20 PM »

I'm not sure $900 for a Lego set can ever be considered reasonable, but it does look very cool :love0030:

it is rather nuts, lol : )

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 12:43:24 PM »

The rathererest!

cmkjmacd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • You must unlearn what you have learned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 11:43:10 AM »

I seen a fully built one at the Lego Store in Calgary. It's about the same size of the BMF. And yes,it's $900. Don't see many of them being sold. Would love to build it though

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »

I can't remember where, but in the last couple of days there was a video of a guy putting one together and it took like 40 hours. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 11:52:22 AM »

I believe the "street date" in Canada is Oct.1. I think I am going to bite the bullet...

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 07:16:46 PM »

I believe the "street date" in Canada is Oct.1. I think I am going to bite the bullet...

There'll be none on October 1st. The 15000 units deployed for North America are already fully depleted. Discussed this with a store manager and they sold every single one of them on the morning of September 14th during the official VIP sale, even the stock they thought would be okay for October 1st. So basically rumors are (and this is a Worldwide matter), they'll be none on October 1st.

But apparently there'll be more later. This item is not supposed to be a limited quantity product. Stock will be replenish for the next 2-3 years before the set is officially retired. But I wouldn't expect to find one before Xmas. If you're not already on a waiting list, trying to find one might be quite difficult.

My brother, living in Germany, was lucky enough to get one online. Orders in Europe opened at 8:00am on Sept. 14th. He secured his order by credit card (not PayPal) at 8:03am. The site went down at 8:05am. People trying to get their sets online went on a loop for a while. When the site got back online, some could secure their orders, but some using PayPal entered a validation process too long for the order to be processed, and by the time it was, they were redirected to a page saying the item was out of stock and that their order could not be completed. On some Lego forums, people described this event as a pure nightmare.

The limit of 3 sets per online order did not help in Europe. Limit was set at 1 set per person in North America and 2 per store order. This could have helped contribute to the chaos. It is to be noted that less than an hour after the order opening time, sets could already be found selling for 4000 Euros on eBay. I wonder why...

My advice? Patience. Wait. In a few months, stocks will be back. If not, the Chinese guys at Lépin will have cloned the thing for maybe 400-500$. Much more acceptable than a wooping 1500$ people will start asking on eBay...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »

holy smokes! thanks for the heads up JediPatrick!

I don't plan to open the thing for a few years until my kids are older...so no rush at all.

I guess I will wait until after xmas, lol.

I knew it was popular but that is insane!

Thanks again for saving me some aggravation  :u:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 07:35:24 PM »

holy smokes! thanks for the heads up JediPatrick!

I don't plan to open the thing for a few years until my kids are older...so no rush at all.

I guess I will wait until after xmas, lol.

I knew it was popular but that is insane!

Thanks again for saving me some aggravation  :u:

No problem! :)

The whole thing is just a huge mess. People have been waited for years to get their hands on this set and a lot are now very frustrated about Lego. Not having enough for people who wanted this piece for years shows that Lego, like most toy manufacturers, simply don't get it. And not limiting the initial stock to 1 per customer is even worse. I just wish now that many people will start buying the fake Lego Lépin sets to show Lego their disappointment. In fact, that'd be a huge lesson, as huge as the mistake they made.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168448
  • Total Topics: 14313
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 73
Total: 74

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 38 queries.