Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 05:56:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kylo Ren's Tie Silencer  (Read 733 times)

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Kylo Ren's Tie Silencer
« on: September 07, 2017, 06:28:38 PM »

I'm gona keep this short and to the point - If you buy any vehicles at all, do not miss this one!

It's got a great design, the "rocket firing that may not actually ever happen in a movie" are well hidden (you don't ever have to see them, and they take nothing away from the design). and the sheer blackness of the vehicles just makes it look badass.  To be perfectly honest, if the ship wasn't even in the movie, I'd still want it.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Kylo Ren's Tie Silencer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:00:32 PM »

If it weren't so damn expensive, I would want one too.  I just can't justify paying that much for it, even at the current TRU sale price. 

I feel the same way about the A-Wing, but would have bought it if TRU had it at whatever sale price it would have been at.

Subcoolin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »

I have the tie silencer and force link.  It's pretty cool but over priced.  There is you tube videos on how to use the force link with different figures and vehicles.  I bet the force link set will be reduced in price by he time TLJ comes to theaters.  Anyhow...kylo ship is probably the coolest one to buy.   :)

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 11:49:56 AM »

I am with Darth Woo on this. The ships seem pricey to me. I was at Walmart the other day and I saw a price tag of $30 for the Awing and the Police vehicle (can't remember the name). Alas when I took them to the counter they were $45. I was looking at the wrong tag! The $30 tag did say Star Wars vehicle but I have no idea what that was referencing because there were no other vehicles on the shelf. I would have bought the Awing and Police vehicle for $30. $45 is too much. I did not see the Tie Silencer there.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 01:55:08 PM »

I am with Darth Woo on this. The ships seem pricey to me. I was at Walmart the other day and I saw a price tag of $30 for the Awing and the Police vehicle (can't remember the name). Alas when I took them to the counter they were $45. I was looking at the wrong tag! The $30 tag did say Star Wars vehicle but I have no idea what that was referencing because there were no other vehicles on the shelf. I would have bought the Awing and Police vehicle for $30. $45 is too much. I did not see the Tie Silencer there.

Yeah, I would have bought them for $30.  It was like that when I first saw them and I tried to use the "You guys put the wrong price tag up so you should honor the price trick" but is didn't work...haha.  He told me to look at the barcode.  I'll just have to wait for a sale to get the A-Wing.

The $30 vehicles are the Rathar/Bala Tik, and Vader/Probe Droid sets, which in my opinion are priced $10 too high as well.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 04:52:46 PM »

Ahh, that is what the $30 stuff was for. I should have known that. The shelves were mostly bare where I was at but all the tags were out. There was a middle isle display with a few 3.75" 5POA and 6 inch figures. You could barely get at them because they had pallets of boxes in the way. Strangely, all the Rogue One stuff was all gone. A few weeks before they had them all marked down in price. They must have packed everything up and sent them off to all the discount chain stores for resale. I scoured the store looking for them in case they were marked down to $2 or something like that but no luck. Of course there were no employees around. There never is.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 06:12:42 PM »

The Walmart I went to was exactly as you described, the TLJ display is in the bikes section behind a skid of something and you have to reach in to get the stuff.  You wouldn't happen to live in BC would you?  Just coincidence that there are two Walmarts that hardly have anything, but have the Canto Bight and A-Wings placed with the $30 packs and has a TLJ display obscured by pallets...haha.

All the other walmarts I've been to have the display prominently displayed and have the correct tags for the Awing and Speeder.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »

I live in Ontario. Just coincidence this time around. Or is it?

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 01:56:34 PM »

Just coincidence...haha.  I live in BC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170105
  • Total Topics: 14395
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 63
Total: 65

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 39 queries.