Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 12:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Force Link  (Read 559 times)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Force Link
« on: September 05, 2017, 11:41:37 PM »

Anyone buy one of these and already tried it out? Worth the money? I have a son who's into SW whom I feel might find this cool but I'm kind of feeling meh about shelling out for one. Anyone?

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
Re: Force Link
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:16:08 AM »

Here's a review from TTPM: "https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/5mr5cTqCNrM?rel=0&showinfo=0"

In short, it doesn't work well.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 10:02:36 AM »

Thanks for the link and...going to skip it unless I see it at Winners in 13 months for $12.99 and even then probably not.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »

This feels like the commtech chip all over again. I got my commtech reader for $3 on clearance. I'd say that's about what it was worth.

They really should be selling this thing for like 10 bucks. Not $40 with a figure. $30 for a gimmick is nuts. It should be a loss leader for them used to get kids hooked. I won't be getting one unless they hit clearance for like $5.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 02:18:26 PM »

They really should be selling this thing for like 10 bucks. Not $40 with a figure. $30 for a gimmick is nuts. It should be a loss leader for them used to get kids hooked. I won't be getting one unless they hit clearance for like $5.

My thoughts the same.  Something so critical to the play value of the toys should be a loss leader for Hasbro.  I mean, I can see the kid in the toy aisle with mom asking for the Force Link so the figures can talk.  Then mom goes, "wow, it's $40.  Are you sure you want this and not one of those A-Wings for $45?" 

Seriously, I can see many kids not bothering to get it because it will cost them basically another toy out of their allowance money to be able to get it cause it's $40.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »

totally agree! i saw the 40 bone price tag the other day and thought ''rip off!!'' just to make figures talk. 20 would be fair but 40 is too much.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 09:46:29 PM »

All I can think is "at least they included a figure this time". The commtech reader wasn't too far off this in price, and only included a data chip. I'm not suggesting this is a good idea from Hasbro, or "worth it" as a consumer by the way.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 09:52:57 PM »

anyone else wonder ? this day in age someone will figure out to make those figures talk with their own ''force link'' ? i wonder if its possible to activate in some other way ? and no, i dont really care cause i want my figures to talk! :S but i just wonder what techy things people can do in 2017!

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 09:29:31 AM »

Just wondering, are people actually finding these in stores? At least where I live, Force Friday brought only very minimal product to Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, and nothing to the Superstore.
If anyone does have this, have you noticed if there is any difference between the pack in Kylo Ren and the single carded one apart from the different head?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 01:51:37 PM »

They had at least 40 of them in Kitchener, at the WM store closest to my house. The Kylo Ren looks like a masked-but-not-cloaked version, nothing super exciting at first glance (and I didn't bother taking a second glance once I saw the $39.99 price tag).

Here's a half decent pic - looks like the cloak is included.....

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 01:55:52 PM »

I saw a lot of them at one of the Walmarts I frequent.  The figure in the window has no cloak, but I assume he has it as it's shown on the back, but this wouldn't be the first time Hasbro displays a picture of things on the back of the box that don't actually come with the toy.

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 02:18:01 PM »

It's strange.... my local Walmart put a few out prior to Force Friday, but when I went to try to buy it I received the 'Do Not Sell' message.

When Force Friday actually came about, there were none on the pegs anywhere.  They still aren't out, either.... very bizarre.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »

It's strange.... my local Walmart put a few out prior to Force Friday, but when I went to try to buy it I received the 'Do Not Sell' message.

When Force Friday actually came about, there were none on the pegs anywhere.  They still aren't out, either.... very bizarre.

The code used for "Do Not Sell" in the Walmart system in the case of SW stuff was the same as "Recalled due to lead paint".  It wouldn't surprise me that the manager saw that and decided to ship them all back to Hasbro warehouse cause the item was "Recalled due to lead paint". 

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 11:45:33 AM »

I was at a Walmart on the weekend and I didn't see any of these on the shelf.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169101
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 37 queries.