Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 03:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Superstore  (Read 670 times)

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Superstore
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:09:11 PM »

The local Superstore is starting to get some TLJ stuff out. I was there at noon and they had:

Force Link: 29.97
Falcon/Death Star Diorama: 39.98
Figure cars: 5.98
Ship cars: 5.98

The lady that was in the department said they have more stuff in the back and will be putting it out. It seems some was delayed in being sent out and a priority was not made to get it on the shelves

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Superstore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »

What's the Falcon/Death Star Diorama?

:fett:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 04:18:33 PM »

Here's hoping they'll get the A-wing and that it'll be less than $40.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 04:22:13 PM »

I believe it is Hot Wheels.

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 05:25:56 PM »

Yes it's a scene with the Falcon shooting the core. It comes with a Falcon and a core that is already exploding. It's like the 1/2 Star Destroyer or the tiny trench run that they put out with Rogue One.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 07:04:11 PM »

Cool, thanks for the info. TRU has it for $20.

Yes it's a scene with the Falcon shooting the core. It comes with a Falcon and a core that is already exploding. It's like the 1/2 Star Destroyer or the tiny trench run that they put out with Rogue One.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 08:37:57 PM »

Just picked up the Ski Speeder with Poe for $34.97.  They had a sale tsg for $44.97 but rung up at the regular $59.99 price so I got a further $10 off. Might want to check your local store. I only saw this at one store in my area though as the other ones didn't have a sale tag.

rc0224

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 03:27:59 AM »

Just picked up the Ski Speeder with Poe for $34.97.  They had a sale tsg for $44.97 but rung up at the regular $59.99 price so I got a further $10 off. Might want to check your local store. I only saw this at one store in my area though as the other ones didn't have a sale tag.

I've try that before, cashier would ask the manager, the manager would come and say for example in you case," oh we'll honor the sale tag for 44.97, or we can do the $10 off of the scan price of $59.99."
I always say, thats not how the code of practice work, then they would always reply with" we can only sell you the sale tag price"
after awhile I dont bother anymore with the extra $10 off the first Item

Calling the # doesnt do S**T , they just told me, "its up to the store if you would honor the $10 off or not"

end Rant  :fight:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »

That sucks.  It should be $10 off the sale price.  Complain to BBB?

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »

I find it's hit and miss (whether it's Walmart or Superstore) - even when there's a sticker with the rules right there.  And I tend not to argue the point.

Like Darth Woo said, the $10 should be off of the sale/sticker price.

Thing is it's not mandatory to follow the Scanning Code and Practices (or whatever it's called).  As far as I know, stores (not individual stores, but chains) voluntarily do it. 

I'd suggest try complaining to Superstore itself.  Corporate.  Not the store.  They put the stickers on the front doors and at the registers.  Individual stores should be expected to follow them. 

Explain the situation.  Be polite.  And expect a response. 

I would hope if the store was in the wrong, corporate would want to make it right.  Unhappy costumers can cost them sales after all.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »

I've been lucky then.  That's how I got the TFA FO Tie Fighter for like $20 a few years ago.  They gave me $10 off the sale price cause it rung up at regular price on the first day it went on sale.

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 01:11:02 PM »

FROM - http://canadianbudgetbinder.com/2012/09/26/scanning-code-of-practice-scop-in-canada/

If the product scans in at a price HIGHER than the price listed on the shelf, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum (customer will receive $10 off when the item costs $10 or more).

SCOP does not include pharmacy related products or price-ticketed items (ex. markdowns, 50% off tickets or red ticket items for quick sales).

The Scanning Code of Practice is endorsed by the Competition Bureau of Canada and was created from the collaborative efforts of the Retail Council of Canada, the Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores, the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers and the Canadian Council of Grocery Distributors.

_______

•What if I had 2 of the same item and they both scan in wrong? Are they both FREE?

SCOP only applies to the first item. The other item would ring in with the adjusted lower price that was advertised on the shelf.

•*GREAT TIP* What if I had 3 items all with unique UPCs ring in incorrectly?

Each item with a unique UPC would be FREE. For example, often shampoos, conditioners and hairspray have different UPC codes even though the store may be advertising a sale of $3 each.

If all three items ring in incorrectly, you would get the shampoo, conditioner and hairspray free if they have different UPC codes on the bottles.

•What about items that ring in incorrectly that have price tags on them or ticketed for quick sale (ex. 50% off)?

The Scanning Code of Practice does not apply when items have price tickets on them. It only applies for displayed signs in stores.

•What about if my store has not taken down a sign, and they say that sale was from yesterday and it is over? Does SCOP apply?

Yes, if the store has not removed their sign and is still advertising a lower price and your item rings in as higher, SCOP applies. This goes back to the original intention of SCOP – it is a promise from a retailer to their customer for accurate pricing and scanning.

•What if I get out to my car and realize the price is wrong on my receipt? Can I go back in and ask for SCOP?

Yes, absolutely and you should ALWAYS check your bill before you leave the parking lot. Just go back in with the item(s) to customer service. Do not go back to the cashier as he/she has no ability to refund your money.

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 03:19:48 PM »

Sadly, while this code exists, most places that I have dealt with have failed to follow it. Worst is Walmart. After my fight with them over return for lower price (it's 30 days, not 1 week)  and price compare with their own website (same SKU), I recently had a fight over this.

The price on the shelf for a new coffee maker was $40 less than the price it scanned at. I showed them where it was and first they tried to tell me it was a different model. Then it was something put at the wrong tag. Then it was an old sale. Then it was they would give me the product for the sale price as a "Customer Appeasement" which really sent my blood boiling.

20 minutes on the phone with Walmart customer service and I got a $10 gift card sent to me.

And then they put the Marvel Legends on clearance and I went through it again.

Superstore has been good. Got Mace Windu's Lightsaber for $5 for a miss matched tag. But they would not do it for Lego for some reason.

Live and learn.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 10:06:19 PM »

Well since we are all sharing our stories...

Back when Real Canadian Wholesale was a thing, I had found the latest wave of ROTS (that's Revenge of the Sith for all you wippersnappers) I was lucky enough to find both variants of the Royal Guard (blue & red).  It was the first time that I had seen one of them (can't remember which one) in Canada.  Price on the shelf was $9.99 so I happily picked up both my treasures and headed to the empty check out line (cause no one shopped there, it was just super store with more paper plates).  Much to my astonishment the figures rang in at $14.99 each.  I'm not one to complain but something must have come over me that day and (after I paid) I said to the cashier that they were $9.99 on the shelf.  She told me to go wait "over there" and the store manager will be with me shortly.  Long story short.....the GM said that it was his fault, said I get both figures for free because they were advertised as $9.99 and the scanning code of practice says that if it's under $10 you get it free. 

That was my first and last experience with this. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168248
  • Total Topics: 14301
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 70
Total: 71

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 39 queries.