Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:55:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

74 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: JJ Abrams back for Episode IX  (Read 1460 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Re: JJ Abrams back for Episode IX
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 11:00:26 PM »

I think there is more to be revealed about Han's death, CJ, possibly even enough to make you shed a tear or two and renounce your hatred of JJ & TFA. I foresee you singing its praises come December 2019 in fact.  :love0030:

I will promise to keep an open mind and I hope you are right.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 11:06:53 PM »

(and if this were rebelscum's boards I'd be waiting for the uber-personal hate to begin...but we're all friends here, right?)

I find this hard to believe.  I have never felt anything but love from our brothers at Rebelscum.    :party0053:

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 10:46:53 AM »

I'm totally with sinkie on Han's death. It gets me every time, particularly when he puts his hand on Kylo's cheek. Given what we know of Han's character traits, this is such a tender moment, I'm almost welling up thinking about it now.

And CJ, I know we've had our differences in the past, but I hope we can bury the hatchet moving forward. We're all Star Wars fans and collectors at the end of the day, after all...
http://www.rebelscum.com/ - Star Wars Collecting

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »

but it really resonated for me as a parent...maybe because my own kids are entering that age where the outside the home influences of classmates etc are starting to play their part and I'm quickly losing any hope that I'll have much more say in their development from here on out!

Well Sinkie, I truly hope your kids don't take you out with their lightsabers. LOL

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »

but it really resonated for me as a parent...maybe because my own kids are entering that age where the outside the home influences of classmates etc are starting to play their part and I'm quickly losing any hope that I'll have much more say in their development from here on out!

Well Sinkie, I truly hope your kids don't take you out with their lightsabers. LOL

I hadn't thought of that!!!...death by a cheap plastic lightsabre held together with duct tape does not sound like a fun way to go!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

I'm totally with sinkie on Han's death. It gets me every time, particularly when he puts his hand on Kylo's cheek. Given what we know of Han's character traits, this is such a tender moment, I'm almost welling up thinking about it now.

And CJ, I know we've had our differences in the past, but I hope we can bury the hatchet moving forward. We're all Star Wars fans and collectors at the end of the day, after all...

Darth McAdam - I am sure we can get along - but I did not even know we had a problem?   Unless, are you Chad?  If so, I am sure we can get along, in fact you can join my uber secret club: It called lets make fun of jjreason.   

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 04:35:31 PM »

Oh sure, pick on the fat kid.  :mad0177:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 08:32:26 PM »

Agreed. Han's death for me is the best possible death for the character. Here is my explanation.

Han is the father of Kylo Ren, the butcher of Jedi Padawans and leader within the First Order.

Would it make sense that Han would not try to get his son back? That he waits for the "savior" Luke to do the job he should do as a father? Leia's words have a very deep meaning: Luke is not the one who is best placed to save Kylo Ren. His father is. If there's anyone who should try to redeem this maniac, it's Han Solo. Not Luke.

Han is one of the most courageous hero of the Rebel Alliance. He helped defeat the Empire. Not facing his son and trying to reason with him and get him back would have been felt an act of cowardice. Come on! Leaving to Luke the task to confront this evil son? And Han would do what? Sit there and watch? Not do anything? Not trying anything? Leaving the hard stuff to his pal Luke just because Luke is a Jedi??

I've read many times people would have preferred Han Solo dying in his ship, the Falcon. Well, for me, it would have been a pointless stupid death. Come on! Dying flying his ship? For what? Being destroyed by a Tie Fighter? Exploding in the Starkiller Base explosion? Nah, that would have been the most stupid death for such a major character.

No, when I saw Han Solo walk that passerelle to face his evil son, I told myself: damn, that's what a courageous father would do! That's what I would do if I had a son that went on a crazy maniac frenzy all over the Galaxy! He's no Jedi. He has no Force power. He's just an ordinary guy who was forced to realize that the Force really exists. He's powerless in front of the tyrant of a son who hates him above all, yet he still walks towards him to try to reason with him. Knowing this evil child will probably kill him in an instant with his lightsaber, or choke him to death with the Force. Now if that's not being courageous, I honestly don't know what courage is.

Yet, Han is so honest when he talks to his son, so naive, that he fails to understand the meaning of what he's being told. Kylo tells him about his great conflict, about the thing he knows he must do to free himself, and Han Solo naively thinks his son is talking about getting rid of the darkness in himself to try to get back to the good. Han simply didn't get it: Kylo was merely saying that the only thing that prevents him from really embracing the Dark Side is him, his father. That in order to truly become a Knight of Ren, a truly master of the Dark Side, that he must cut this link he has with his past. That he must kill his father.

So when Han is asked if he's willing to help his son, he obviously agrees. And Kylo Ren takes these words and kill his father.

For me, the scene was horrifying. We knew it was gonna come to this. We sense it. And yet we feel powerless and watch Han being killed. Powerless like Han really is in front of this madman of a son. It was honestly one of the best made scenes of the entire SW sage. The aesthetics, the visuals are impeccable. The light fading away by the Starkiller Base just as we sense the struggle between father and son, the resolve in Kylo Ren as the darkness finally takes over, both figuratively and literally, the colors and the setting reminding that of the Bespin duel between Luke and Vader. Everything in this scene was so well planned it's almost a masterpiece in itself. I simply don't understand why so many people fail to see this.

So for me, Han Solo couldn't have faced a better death. He deserved way more than being blown to bits in the Falcon. He deserved to die as a father would do, trying to save son through an heroic act.

And the fact that Chewie and the Falcon survive Han Solo contributes to add to the sadness of his death. We feel the void. We see it. The Falcon will never be the same without Han. Nor Chewbacca. They will always be marked by his absence. Their existence now are tribute to the character Han Solo was...
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 09:15:11 PM »

Darth McAdam - I am sure we can get along - but I did not even know we had a problem?   Unless, are you Chad?  If so, I am sure we can get along, in fact you can join my uber secret club: It called lets make fun of jjreason.

Well I figured that my being on the Rebelscum team would put me in the same category as Chad. I'm not Chad, but he's a good guy and a close friend.

I am honoured to be invited to join your secret club, but having been on the receiving end of much ridicule in the past, I feel it would be hypocritical for me to do the same to jjreason ;)

Nevertheless, I would very much like for us to get along even though I do contribute to a site with a largely U.S. audience.

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 09:18:50 PM »

Agreed. Han's death for me is the best possible death for the character. Here is my explanation.

Han is the father of Kylo Ren, the butcher of Jedi Padawans and leader within the First Order.

Would it make sense that Han would not try to get his son back? That he waits for the "savior" Luke to do the job he should do as a father? Leia's words have a very deep meaning: Luke is not the one who is best placed to save Kylo Ren. His father is. If there's anyone who should try to redeem this maniac, it's Han Solo. Not Luke.

Han is one of the most courageous hero of the Rebel Alliance. He helped defeat the Empire. Not facing his son and trying to reason with him and get him back would have been felt an act of cowardice. Come on! Leaving to Luke the task to confront this evil son? And Han would do what? Sit there and watch? Not do anything? Not trying anything? Leaving the hard stuff to his pal Luke just because Luke is a Jedi??

I've read many times people would have preferred Han Solo dying in his ship, the Falcon. Well, for me, it would have been a pointless stupid death. Come on! Dying flying his ship? For what? Being destroyed by a Tie Fighter? Exploding in the Starkiller Base explosion? Nah, that would have been the most stupid death for such a major character.

No, when I saw Han Solo walk that passerelle to face his evil son, I told myself: damn, that's what a courageous father would do! That's what I would do if I had a son that went on a crazy maniac frenzy all over the Galaxy! He's no Jedi. He has no Force power. He's just an ordinary guy who was forced to realize that the Force really exists. He's powerless in front of the tyrant of a son who hates him above all, yet he still walks towards him to try to reason with him. Knowing this evil child will probably kill him in an instant with his lightsaber, or choke him to death with the Force. Now if that's not being courageous, I honestly don't know what courage is.

Yet, Han is so honest when he talks to his son, so naive, that he fails to understand the meaning of what he's being told. Kylo tells him about his great conflict, about the thing he knows he must do to free himself, and Han Solo naively thinks his son is talking about getting rid of the darkness in himself to try to get back to the good. Han simply didn't get it: Kylo was merely saying that the only thing that prevents him from really embracing the Dark Side is him, his father. That in order to truly become a Knight of Ren, a truly master of the Dark Side, that he must cut this link he has with his past. That he must kill his father.

So when Han is asked if he's willing to help his son, he obviously agrees. And Kylo Ren takes these words and kill his father.

For me, the scene was horrifying. We knew it was gonna come to this. We sense it. And yet we feel powerless and watch Han being killed. Powerless like Han really is in front of this madman of a son. It was honestly one of the best made scenes of the entire SW sage. The aesthetics, the visuals are impeccable. The light fading away by the Starkiller Base just as we sense the struggle between father and son, the resolve in Kylo Ren as the darkness finally takes over, both figuratively and literally, the colors and the setting reminding that of the Bespin duel between Luke and Vader. Everything in this scene was so well planned it's almost a masterpiece in itself. I simply don't understand why so many people fail to see this.

So for me, Han Solo couldn't have faced a better death. He deserved way more than being blown to bits in the Falcon. He deserved to die as a father would do, trying to save son through an heroic act.

And the fact that Chewie and the Falcon survive Han Solo contributes to add to the sadness of his death. We feel the void. We see it. The Falcon will never be the same without Han. Nor Chewbacca. They will always be marked by his absence. Their existence now are tribute to the character Han Solo was...

All of this!  :D

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 09:28:08 PM »

I'm going to go ahead & drop my theory - don't read any further if you don't want to have the story ruined by my mutant future-reading abilities.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

I think Han turned on the lightsaber & killed himself. He saw the Kylo couldn't do it & grabbed his hands which activated the button. He saved Kylo whom he knew Snoke would kill if Han didn't die. Kylo's story will be the well hidden good guy looking like a bad guy/Snape killing Dumbledore routine. Betcha 3 tacos on this one.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:29:46 PM by jjreason »

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 09:49:10 PM »

I'm going to have re-watch that scene now with this in mind. 

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 09:49:23 PM »

I'm going to go ahead & drop my theory - don't read any further if you don't want to have the story ruined by my mutant future-reading abilities.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

I think Han turned on the lightsaber & killed himself. He saw the Kylo couldn't do it & grabbed his hands which activated the button. He saved Kylo whom he knew Snoke would kill if Han didn't die. Kylo's story will be the well hidden good guy looking like a bad guy/Snape killing Dumbledore routine. Betcha 3 tacos on this one.

LOL  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 10:05:03 PM »

"SNIFF, SNIFF - no I have cold, I am not crying, really I am not."  Damn your Dumbledore Marvel loving theories - if that is true - no one will ever join my uber secret club - they will all be saying jjreason he's the man. And I will be forced to question my reason for being on this planet.  Archenemy of jjreason has defined me for so long I will not know what to do.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 10:14:59 PM »

even though I do contribute to a site with a largely U.S. audience.

I would probably do that also except I can not remember my password.    :kar:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168448
  • Total Topics: 14313
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 74
Total: 75

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 39 queries.