Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 10:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

79 Guests, 7 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hamilton Comic Con - Paul Blake (Greedo) & Tim Rose (Ackbar)  (Read 494 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Hamilton Comic Con - Paul Blake (Greedo) & Tim Rose (Ackbar)
« on: September 30, 2017, 10:19:44 PM »

A couple Montréal buddies of mine from the forum here are avid collectors of Star Wars autographs. Whenever there's a SW film actor appearing at a local Ontario convention, I'll usually pop by and pick some up for them.

For today's adventure, I hit up Hamilton Comic Con to meet Mr. Paul Blake (the late Rodian bounty hunter Greedo) and Mr. Tim Rose (of Admiral Ackbar fame). Usually I go to these shows on my own, but today I brought along my wife and 2 girls. They were real troopers standing in the lineups with me, and when we got to meet the celebrated guests they were rewarded for their efforts. Both guys were super nice, very pleasant and in good humour. They chatted and joked with us, and after our business was complete, they each took a special interest in the kids (my oldest girl had her Sabine Wren mask on and a Star Wars shirt).

Paul Blake pulled out special mini-photos, signed and personalized them for each girl, chatting with them the whole time. Tim Rose had a similar item set aside for kids - he had found an Ackbar meme on the internet that said "It's a Trump!" and was signing them with the note "On One Knee". It was his small form of support for the recent protesters in the US (NFL or otherwise). Anyways, I don't usually go in to meet actors for myself, so it's nice when it can still be a pleasant experience. If you ever get the chance to see these guys, they're very nice to talk to. It'd still put Jeremy Bullock (Boba Fett) slightly ahead of them, but only just.

Here's a pic of what my girls received:

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton Comic Con - Paul Blake (Greedo) & Tim Rose (Ackbar)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:53:15 AM »

Cool!  I was going to make the 2 hour drive for the same reason.  I have Tim's, but was looking to add Paul's.

Nice to hear you had a good experience.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 05:56:41 PM »

A huge thanks for these nice autographs my friend!  :D :)` Can't wait to hang these on my walls!!
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 01:57:46 PM »

so awesome!

what did you think of the con?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »

so awesome!

what did you think of the con?

It was interesting. Not too small, but definitely not big. Lots of room to move around. A very unique location - we had actually just been to the museum earlier in the summer, so we didn't even really spend any time looking at the planes this time. I'm pretty much at the point now that there's nothing I'm really looking for shopping-wise, so I usually do a quick walkthrough of the floor and that's about it. The main reason I went was to pick up the autographs. I don't think we were there for more than 2 hours. The girls had fun dressing up, and seeing all the cosplay.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:07:12 AM »

thanks for the review my friend : )
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168723
  • Total Topics: 14326
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 38 queries.