Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:56:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

71 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Walmart sells star wars action figure case ??  (Read 399 times)

darthric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 07:14:44 AM by darthric »
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try !

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart sells star wars action figure case ??
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:16:00 AM »

Strange!  Not a particularly good deal when you work out the individual price for each set.  It's over $20 for the two packs, and nearly $60 each for the vehicles.  That's more than the regular price, isn't it?

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »

Did walmart.ca just start third-party selling like they do in the states?
It says sold and shipped by " UNBEATABLESALE".
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:38:46 AM by DarthDerek »
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »

Yes, I noticed some strangely priced items recently and they were usually from third parties: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/walmart-website-third-parties-1.4265852.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »

what a strange decision. good luck to anyone buying from the third party, lol.

We do not cancel orders preship at this time. Our goal is to ship orders as soon as possible so we have set up our system to automatically process your order as fast as possible. For that reason, once an order has been submitted, it cannot be canceled. If an error is made, we need you to accept the package and request a return authorization to return the package (if our return policy below allows) for a refund. Please be sure that you want to make the purchase before submitting the order. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees including the return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.

Our return policy is one of the most highly rated today. UnbeatableSale has a money back guaranty on products returned within 30 days. In order to receive proper credit on your return, please contact us for an RA. Once you receive an RA via email all items must be returned within 30 days of receiving your order. We do not accept returns after 30 days. If the package is refused or returned without our issuing of an RA or without the RA # on it, a restocking fee will be applied. We will be unable to refund your cost of the original shipping if you decide that you do not want the order after it has already been submitted. Please note: We do not issue prepaid return labels. All returns must be in their original carton with all packing material intact. All returns must be sent freight prepaid by the customer and insured.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 07:25:11 PM »

I think there was another third-party reseller that's been on Walmart.ca for at least a month now. I vaguely recall seeing some kind of super-expensive Boba Fett collectible popping up a few weeks back and it clearly was not a typical Walmart item.

I don't think this is the way to go. The third party sellers tend to sell at scalper level prices (possibly to account for whatever fees they are being charged to be on the Walmart marketplace) and it's likely a bigger hassle to get good customer service from them. Even Walmart.ca seems to have sunk quite a bit in terms of their customer support. I remember they used to have a phone line where you could talk to a human being if you had an issue, now it's just a form you fill out online yourself and print out your own return labels.  Not sure how Amazon handles returns, since I've not had to return anything to them yet.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 02:22:02 AM »

yep! i agree. i figured this would happen eventually though. Were just becoming more americanized :S if you ask me. they have already done this and i figured eventually we would too.

it is absurd when u see regular prices on stuff, then all of a sudden you get those crazy stupid prices..it jsut doesnt fit at all and makes looking for things more annoying cause you have to see that. i even saw a 4 pack of 9 volt batteries on walmarts site for like 49 bucks or something like that! wtf is that ?

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 04:55:18 PM »

A walmart.ca search for "star wars" used to yield around 400 results, lately it has been at around 900.  You can filter out the 3rd party sellers and leave just walmart in there, it looks like the 3rd partys are:

AreaTrend
Christmas Central
Golda's Kitchen
Happy Trends
Limolin Inc.
Stuff4
Unbeatablesale
USA Baby

With all of those filtered out the # of star wars hits goes down to a paltry 690 for walmart themselves.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 05:24:47 AM »

thanks for the tip! im so use to my bookmarks for figures i didnt even think about filtering out etc etc. ill have to do that! thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168448
  • Total Topics: 14313
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 71
Total: 72

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 38 queries.