Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 09:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 4 Users

Poll

What do you rate this book?

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 1 (50%)
- 1 (50%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloodline  (Read 203 times)

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
Bloodline
« on: November 13, 2017, 11:22:54 PM »

Witness the birth of the Resistance......

Will be posting MAJOR SPOILERS three posts down.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:16:28 PM by cash_fan »
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodline
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »

What did you think? I read it a few months back. There were some good parts, but I didnít enjoy it as much as Thrawn.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 10:22:42 PM »

Unfortunately, I am way behind in my reading.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:03:01 PM »

So, I'll just admit first off that I liked it.  It was a good read - better than Aftermath, but not quite up to par with Thrawn.  And I will say this too.... it is actually a good story to read before going into The Last Jedi.  It fills in a lot of gaps or questions that arise in TFA.  Even though it takes place 6 years before TFA.

OK, the rest of my post has MAJOR SPOILERS so go away if you plan on reading BLOODLINE.

Essentially the New Republic is now, where the old Republic was when Palpatine divided it.  You have Centrist, and Populists.  One favoring a single powerful leader but not quite as much power as Palpatine.  The other subscribes to a more democratic approach. 

I like to rattle things off in bullet points so here goes:
- Mon Mothma, has been a strong leader but has fallen ill, stepping away from office, and thus creating the rift in power in the Senate.
- Ben Solo is off training with Luke and Leia can only send messages at the time, but Ben can't reply back.
- Han Solo is off doing stuff.
- Hosnian Prime is the capital - replacing Corruscant - and the system that Starkiller base annihilates. 
- The Senate is looking to elect a "First Senator" to run the show, and Leia is the best candidate for the Populists side.
- No one actually knows that Leia is Darth Vader's daughter, other than Han, Chewbacca, Luke, and a suspecting but accepting Mon Mothma.  Ben Solo has never been told that Darth Vader was his grand father!
- Leia secret is discovered by someone and they use it to destroy Leia's chance at becoming the "First Senator".  Most everyone turns on Leia, once they know the truth. 
- Leia uncovers alarming information about a "mysterious threat" looming in the Outter Rim and Unknown Space territory. 
- Obviously this is the First Order and with the last sentence of the book it says "..it's time for the Resistance to rise".

The most interesting thing I found was that Ben, as of 6 years before TFA, has no idea that Darth Vader is his father.  This should be explored a bit in The Last Jedi, and that's why I say it's a good read before going to TLJ. 

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »

I actually would rate it a 3 1/2 but there's not a option for that.  So I rounded it up to 4. 

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 06:08:21 AM »

For a book that was like 90% politics, it was pretty good, and I agree, better than Aftermath. It was interesting reading that no one knew that Vader was Leiaís father. As fans, these are the things we take for granted and assume everyone in the galaxy knows. I guess Luke and Leia decided to keep it quiet, for some reason  ??? :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168721
  • Total Topics: 14326
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 66
Total: 70

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 42 queries.