Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 04:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year  (Read 1146 times)

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year
« on: December 24, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my Snowtrooper buddies. 

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday with your family & friends.

Yours friend always,

Canadian Jedi  :artoo:

:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 02:40:25 PM »

Thank you! Have a wonderful day tomorrow, everyone! Hopefully Santa is kind :)

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 04:23:22 PM »

Why is it so stinking hard to post a pic on here??? 

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 05:14:38 PM »

I hope everyone has a very happy holiday and that Santa brings them what they wished for most. 

May the teets of the Ach-to milk creature always provide you with much blue-green milk to drink from!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:52:58 AM by napseeker »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »

Merry Christmas to all troopers in the great white north! Hope all of your Star Wars wishes come true  :happy0025:

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 10:51:08 PM »

Merry Christmas all!

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 07:33:02 AM »

I am up early this morning to dig out so we can make it to church.  Got another 20 cm of snow last night.  Still it is a gorgeous white Christmas.
All the best to everyone!

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 08:02:37 AM »

Merry Christmas Everyone.   :u:

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 10:46:04 AM »

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to some of the best nerfherders (said with affection!) in the galaxy. I hope that you get a great Star Wars gift this year...but more importantly than that, a chance to spend time with friends and family.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Radio Flyer landspeeder to assemble...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 11:45:47 AM »

Nice! I got a Chewie onesie (NOT flattering by the way  :( ) and some new Darth Vader slippers to go along with the 6" Biker Scout I got for myself & left for today! :D

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »

SDCC Obi, 6" BS Luke and Praetorian and EE Evolution 4 pack.  2 ties as well, a mouse pad and 4 more silicone ice molds.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »

I got a bunch of loose, complete vintage figures to fill in some gaps in my vintage figures. Also went to TLJ for a third time as the power went out mid-afternoon and we had nothing to do at night, so we all went to the movies!

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: Have a great night and drive safely.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:12:34 AM by Canadian Jedi »

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »

Merry XMas and a Happy New Year to all!  :)` :u:

Got a few Star Wars gifts (well... to be honest most of my gifts were Star Wars themed ;D ).

- Star Wars The Last Jedi Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars The Art of The Last Jedi
- Hasbro Tie Silencer
- Hasbro Resistance Ski Speeder
- Star Wars Rebels Season 3 - Bluray
- Metal Earth AT-ST model
- Metal Earth Slave I model
- TLJ Rey Candy Pez
- TLJ Praetorian Guard Candy Pez
- TLJ Lego AT-M6 mini-model
- Some chocolate treats
- Rogue One 12" value figures: Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Death Trooper, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader

My daughters got some Forces of Destiny dolls. Leia Endor with Wicket for one, Rey and BB-8 for the other. I kinda expected they would not want play with them since they don't have any SW figures at all. But they were a smash.

Quite unexpectedly, these were really the highlight of their XMas this year. To a point where they asked me to go and get 2 more with part of the money they got from their grandparents. So I bought them Jyn Erso and Sabine Wren on December 26th to complete the lot. I also gave them those 12" value figures I got from my father. So they now have bad guys to go with their dolls. :-)

One cool thing: on the evening of December 25th, they started working on a cardboard spaceship for their dolls. I let them organize themselves, looking at how they worked things out, glueing boxes together and cutting seats for the pilot pod and beds in the storage area. I helped them the next morning, secured everything with a hot glue gun and shaped the wings and engines. My daughters wanted to draw the Rebel symbol, so I helped them with these.

Result is quite nice. So proud of my daughters on this. And really enjoy looking at them play with their dolls. :-)

We're now rewatching all the Star Wars saga. My 7yo didn't see any episodes apart from E1 and E7. They really want to go see E8, we're planning that for January 6th, so I told them we needed to watch all the episodes before that time. We've watched E1-E2-E3, now we're watching Rogue One tonight.

A side note. Watching SW with kids brings a whole lot different perspective. I think people (and mostly hardcore SW fans) need to step back a little and view these movies for what they were intended to be: fun stuff. Everyone take these WAY too seriously. I also had my doubts watching TLJ on the first viewing. At the third viewing, this time with my oldest two daughters (16yo and 18yo) I can say I really enjoyed it a lot, except the Fathiers scene, and my daughters enjoying it more than they did for any other SW movie tells me the main audience for these movies has now shifted towards a younger audience. My daughters really loved The Last Jedi. The humor, the scenes, the storytelling. They say it's much more actual then all those old boring SW movies that have no pace and rhythm at all.

So guys, let me tell you one thing: Star Wars is evolving. We old timers are not the main audience anymore. Accept it. Evolve. Else you're gonna be like those old grumpy grandpas who keep telling youngsters their own time was far better than nowadays.  ;D

Star Wars is telling us something. But most fans fail to listen.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.  ;) :tongue0024:
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 06:22:14 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: Have a great night and drive safely.

:u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :artoo: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :party0007: :explosion:   That's the New Year Eve's Ball dropping and fire works all in one. :artoo: Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 06:23:58 AM by Canadian Jedi »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170154
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 39 queries.