Forum > Wampa Cave

Netflix-The Toys That Made Us

(1/5) > >>

fishfan:
Just found a show on Netflix last night called The Toys That Made Us.  4 Episodes I believe and the history of the toys that kids grew up on.  The first focusing on Star Wars. All the major brands turning down the movie rights till Kenner picked it up through to the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney and the new movies.

Some great interviews with the guys who designed the vintage SW lines of toys.

But not George....

jjreason:
I watched SW, GI Joe & He-Man - haven't checked out the Barbie episode as of yet. I believe "The Mike" was interviewed for an upcoming episode so we will eagerly anticipate that!

Eradicator:
I watched part of the Star Wars episode. So far so good.

jjreason:
In other news, this show is up for "worst theme song" in tv history.  :speechless-smiley-004:

dangerlinto:

--- Quote from: jjreason on December 26, 2017, 11:51:48 AM ---In other news, this show is up for "worst theme song" in tv history.  :speechless-smiley-004:

--- End quote ---

Agreed on the theme song!

Some of the stuff in the documentary was news - the part about the contract with Kenner and Lucasfilm was interesting. I thought they could have gone more into the dying days of the original line (Power of the Force 85) and some of the thinking that went into making decisions about what got made. 

Also, I would love to know how Hasbro and Disney work out the deal on toys.  They literally have competing toy lines (Disney's being only sold at Disney stores - I'd love to know the details of that deal!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version