Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2018, 02:53:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.75" Praetorian Guards  (Read 570 times)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
3.75" Praetorian Guards
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:03:43 PM »

So, I have the four Walmart 3.75" Praetorians that I wanted.  Since they don't have the heavy blade weapon, I'm just sticking with this so they are using all 4 different variants of the weapons currently available.

However, the hands on these guys are so small.  I'm scared the one with the straight sword's thumb is going to break cause I slipped and bent his thumb almost 90 degrees back when I was putting the sword in his hand.  Wish they made the hands slightly bigger or the other weapons' handles a little smaller.

Here they are.  The heads on the 5 POA ones have slightly larger sockets so I had to modify them a little to fit.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: 3.75" Praetorian Guards
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:20:09 PM »

Nice! I've done the same with the 5PAO "2-blades" guard that comes in the 2-pack with Rey. Bought a 2nd set, trimmed the neck peg and could fit the helmet back. Just used some putty to enhance the neck peg of the SA figure.

By the way, where did you get that Force Link Bracelet 2-pack with the Executioner and the Praetorian Guard with the whip-sword? This thing is a TRU exclusive and it's noweher to be found in Quebec. It was listed on the TRU.ca website but never in stock. I'm desperate to get this thing just to get the guard and its weapons.

Did you buy this locally? Or thru TRU.com in the USA?
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:42:30 PM »

I bought it locally in store. It's expensive though. It was like $60. No idea why they removed it from the site. Because it's an exclusive, they should be allowed to sell it in Quebec in limited quantities.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 03:53:01 PM »

Lucky you! This never appeared at retail in Quebec as far as I know. Pegs at TRU are still warming with the first Force Link starter set with Kylo Ren. I see no way for the newer version to ever find its way to stores here... 😕😕

Can this pack still be found in your area?
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 04:49:58 PM »

JediPatrick, I saw four at my local TRU yesterday. I'm in Ontario, east of Toronto area. I have seen them come and go two or three times now. I'm sure you will see them soon, and hopefully on sale.
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »

I'm still hoping for a sale within this month so I can price adjust mine.  $60 for this set is just crazy high.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 07:28:42 PM »

I'm still hoping for a sale within this month so I can price adjust mine.  $60 for this set is just crazy high.

Makes sense, especially when they were on discount at 30% off before Xmas on the TRU.ca website, but none were in stock, was kinda frustrating. I would do the same.

JediPatrick, I saw four at my local TRU yesterday. I'm in Ontario, east of Toronto area. I have seen them come and go two or three times now. I'm sure you will see them soon, and hopefully on sale.

I sure hope, but honestly when I see the amount of stuff warming the pegs, and the lack of interest for these products since Sept.1st, I don't see the day when this will happen. I know there's one another Force Link Starter pack scheduled in April 2018 for the Solo movie, so there's so much a store which is on the brink of bankruptcy is willing to take and I think this product will be either very limited or not even ordered at Quebec stores. The fact that it's been removed from the website certainly does point out to that...

Frank Herbert

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 07:55:44 PM »

Patrick, do you want help securing one of these sets?
I can buy one, and even hold it for up to 45days, do a price adjustment if there is a sale, and wait for 45 days just in case TRU.ca puts them up and your able purchase one yourself (so you get free shipping).
Im happy to help.
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 08:05:23 AM »

I saw these in Quebec before xmas at at least one TRU. But they sold through since.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 10:58:35 AM »

Toys R Us regularly remove and add things back to the website for no apparent reason. Just check out the Marvel Legends regularly and you'll see what I mean.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. Sometimes it seems like they do that to avoid shoppers going elsewhere to price match them although that probably isn't the case for this one as it's an exclusive.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 06:33:28 PM »

I can buy one, and even hold it for up to 45days, do a price adjustment if there is a sale, and wait for 45 days just in case TRU.ca puts them up and your able purchase one yourself (so you get free shipping).
Im happy to help.

Hi! That'd be awesome! If you could do that it's be cool! I'm actively looking for this set, hoping that I'll find it one day at a nearby store. Let's keep in touch, I'll let you know if I ever find one on my end, but I'd certainly take the one you buy for me. :-)

Frank Herbert

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 06:34:04 PM »

I saw these in Quebec before xmas at at least one TRU. But they sold through since.

Damn, missed this one. Was really looking for this. Where did you get it?

Frank Herbert

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 08:10:07 AM »

Im happy to help.

Hi! That'd be awesome! If you could do that it's be cool! I'm actively looking for this set, hoping that I'll find it one day at a nearby store. Let's keep in touch, I'll let you know if I ever find one on my end, but I'd certainly take the one you buy for me. :-)

Ok, JediPatrick.
When I secure one I will let you know and send you a picture. And will hold for 45 days to allow you time to find one online or at your location.  :u:

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 10:20:20 AM »

Im happy to help.

Ok, JediPatrick.
When I secure one I will let you know and send you a picture. And will hold for 45 days to allow you time to find one online or at your location.  :u:

Wow! A huge thanks for this help! This is really nice! :-) :)` I'm getting desperate to ever find this set in my area. Been looking for this for the past 3-4 weeks, ever since it was made available on the website, without success. Your help is greatly appreciated. :)

Frank Herbert

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 01:21:38 PM »

DarthDerek saves the day again.  He is like a superhero for frustrated toy hunters.  :)`   
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169357
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 69
Total: 72

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 38 queries.