Forum > Wampa Cave

Star wars Toys Sales down

<< < (3/3)

Canadian Jedi:
You guys could be onto something regarding the release dates and toy purchases.  George's release dates:

May 25, 1977
May 21, 1980
May 25, 1983
May 19, 1999
May 16, 2002
May 19, 2005

Disney's release dates:

December 18, 2015
December 15, 2017
December 20, 2019

jjreason:
It's Sabotage! (to borrow from my beloved Beastie Boys).

Disney is purposefully causing Hasbro's sales to slump so they can start making the figures themselves the next time the contract comes up for renewal!  :fighting0072:

Trust no one! Need more tinfoil!

napseeker:
It would be a wonderful world that we live in if Hasbro did it the way Eaglemoss does for their Star Trek license.. they sent out an email to subscribers inviting them to participate in a survey about what THEY wanted from EMoss (rather than EMoss deciding what its customers would get). 

Check out this article which outlines the stuff that customers could vote on (in varying degrees of how badly they'd like to see it happen). I'd love a bridge playset of the Excelsior myself...

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2017/11/help-decide-next-eaglemoss-ships-plus.html

dangerlinto:

--- Quote from: jjreason on January 21, 2018, 11:09:47 PM ---It's Sabotage! (to borrow from my beloved Beastie Boys).

Disney is purposefully causing Hasbro's sales to slump so they can start making the figures themselves the next time the contract comes up for renewal!  :fighting0072:

Trust no one! Need more tinfoil!

--- End quote ---

Lol - it wouldn't be the worst thing.  The Elite Series and especially the Premium Elite series are superior in almost every fashion to Hasbro's offerings.   Dunno how'd they'd do with 3.75"

Of course, Disney Stores are few and far in between and they have no Canadian online market so it would probably be worse unless things change with their relationship with other retailers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version