Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2018, 08:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toy Fair 2018 - Hasbro announces "Haslab" where fans can support elite projects  (Read 635 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

My friend in Michigan has confirmed he's good to order & receive them. Now we have to see how many they're going to limit each customer to - if that becomes an issue at all.

In order for him to get them, the buyer would need to send the money before it was needed - ie he's not going to buy it & wait for your money to get there.

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile

Very kind of him!
The limit per order is 5. I don't know if you can order multiple times at same address.

If Hasbro does not come up with an alternative for Canadians that might be the only way! Was looking forward to buying 2.

Does a Kinek point count as a PO Box? Payment and delivery don't have to be same address.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

this is most intriguing but the size is just too large for me.

4 feet ! no clue where I could put something that big.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

" we need the help of our most passionate fans in order to make this a reality for all Star Wars collectors"   

This is a direct quote from the video on the HASLAB site.   

So based on what they are stating, it would seem that we will be getting a version of the Jabba Sail Barge .

If you are jumping on board the band wagon, I think what you will be getting is a first in line ticket, a nice booklet on how the product was developed, Vintage all English packaging and probably the Jabba - will be what makes this a unique product.   

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:53:48 AM by Canadian Jedi »
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile

Wow. Amazing.  This certainly generates a few thoughts.
They've been saying for a while that playsets are difficult. I consider this more of a playset than a vehicle. So it makes sense that they went the route of crowd funding. The cynical side of me worries that if this fails to get funded they'll throw their arms up and say "see there isn't even a market among collectors for this sort of thing." But even among die hards this thing is either not affordable or is too big, and so a lot of die hards will pass. I think they could have gone a little less ambitious and done a really nice playset that is 2 feet long and $250 and be more likely to get it funded. It's like learning how to swim by just jumping into the deep end. They could have tested the waters with something a little less ambitious. Hopefully if it fails they will try something else smaller.

But they've clearly put a lot of time and money into this thing already. So I wonder if 5000 is really the minimum required.

As for international ordering I heard the interview online where they seem to indicate if it is made available in some other way it will still be a vintage box. I'd expect they would try and keep the toy the same as well, at least initially. Maybe there will be a less deluxe version later. Who knows? But if it does get funded they will want to milk for a little while.

Either way it's pretty exciting. I'm on the fence about making the effort to get it and figuring out how to fit it into my collection. It will take some serious consideration. It's not a simple purchase, that's for sure.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

No, not at all a simple purchase. I'm going to wait to see if it gets a regular release though for multiple reasons: money, space, difficulty in obtaining it from US but also...I think I'd be hesitant to take it out of the box dammit! I know I'd start to think, ok, what if eventually I don't want it or can't really afford to keep it and if I hadn't opened it I'd be getting double for it years down the road. A "reprint" edition would be something I'd think would be less likely to be the sought after version and therefore something I'd feel more comfortable using as a "really awesome theme-shelf" basically. I just hope it is max $500 Canadian! I mean, holy crap! I'm not sure I could justify a shelf approaching $1000! But if that odd BB-8 playlet is any indication, I can't see this being less than $650 at TRU if and when!

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile

Even though Hasbro says they are working on a solution for getting this to those outside the US I believe they said this thing must be funded first. So it is all up to our American friends to fund this so we have a chance to get them here.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

Going through the history - the Shuttle was a US exclusive and we had to bend over backwards to get them up from the US. I wound up paying an online e-tailer to be the middle man - once exchange and shipping was factored in I believe I paid around double the price (so let's say $200 CDN for the $100 USD shuttle).

Using that math, I would suggest folks are likely looking at close to $1000 to get the barge up here. Compared to the shelf price of what, under $200 for the BMF and BATAT (which were both available for significantly less if you waited a bit).... that's just plain crazy.

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I've been monitoring how many orders they receive each day.  Looking at the trend and comparing it to a curve of where we'd have to be to make it to 5000 by April 3, they are not getting enough orders.  It looks as if they'd need around 2000 by end of day today to keep on pace.  My parabolic curve basically assumes a high initial response rate then dropping off as time progresses and exactly hitting 5000 at the end of April 3. If they get some large changes to the response rate such as a flurry of new orders, that would upset the current trend and get the thing back on track.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile

Yeah, it definitely isn't on track to meet the target.

DarthVader77

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

It certainly is a poor way to justify the decision to go ahead or cancel the Sail Barge. Many fans would probably want one, but wouldn't justify the current overall cost or would want to commit the funds for the asking price up front with such a long lead time until delivery/availability. Most fans would want to wait until this goes on sale. Additionally, Hasbro is relying only on US consumers while there is clearly a worldwide interest in it. They should have taken a different approach in guaging interest in this.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile

after 2013 to 2015 or whatever, they finally started listening to collectors again. i give them props for that cause it was looking bad for a bit.

it will be neat to see what happens. they are starting Haslab with one of the most extreme examples, other then a death star of course. Start near the top and work from their i guess.

They were asked over and over again for this and its awesome they are trying. They do care about collectors and are trying to do what works. What works as in not everyone in the U.S getting everything at really low clearance prices. ha-ha! :)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:07:46 PM by bob »

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

it will be neat to see what happens. they are starting Haslab with one of the most extreme examples, other then a death star of course. Start near the top and work from their i guess.

I misread you at first and thought you were saying when they give us a Death Star, they should start with the top part first! Which got me thinking! They could make a DS play set modular! So you'd crowd fund one level at a time...would be less of a hit on the wallet in one shot and easier to ship in modules too! Risk being the latter floors don't get produced for any number of reasons. But could you imagine this thing building up level by level and perhaps towering at 7 feet or so??? You'd need a small room to house it not to mention a special stand to keep it from rolling over! If it was round of course! No way it could be close to scale however so maybe they'd go for a tower like the old Death Star Space Station Kenner toy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169431
  • Total Topics: 14376
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 70
Total: 73

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 39 queries.