Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 01:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

72 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Solo toys tomorrow?  (Read 742 times)

bm459

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Orleans, ON
    • View Profile
Solo toys tomorrow?
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:23:24 PM »

So, what do we all think? If I go to a store in Canada tomorrow, will I find a bunch of Solo toys?

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Solo toys tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »

Judging by the last couple movie releases... probably not.  :shakehead:

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 09:38:47 PM »

Its so hard to tell...but my guess...the basic stuff will be available in quantity...everything else like Black series and vintage collection are going to be short changed. One box of each for the store...which is ludicrous, as those are what everyone goes after.

I remember the Force Awakens toy release and the Toysrus near me had a midnight thing. There were at least 75 people in line...and they had one box of Black series. Which some guy who knew the employees got. The store was filled with furious customers who had waited for an hour for some micro machines and basic figures.

...but that is just my experience with the last two big releases. Maybe they learned from the last failures... :P

CC1138

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:55:41 PM »

i am thinking it be a bust if If other ones are any indication. both my local walmarts didn't even but out anything till late afternoon and even then it was just one box. and the toyrus didn't have anything till few weeks after. one reason why I decided to order them online.
With Wookie Rage

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:10 PM »

I'm sure both TRU and Walmart will have plenty of Solo and TVC toys out on the shelves tomorrow. 

It's Friday the 13th after all  ...what could possibly go wrong? :D

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 10:03:56 PM »

i am thinking it be a bust if If other ones are any indication. both my local walmarts didn't even but out anything till late afternoon and even then it was just one box. and the toyrus didn't have anything till few weeks after. one reason why I decided to order them online.

It's odd that my local Walmarts had the basic figures out a week in advance for both TLJ and R1, but this time around, there aren't even any new pegs for Solo. Lots of TLJ leftovers and unlabeled pegs. That's it.

:fett:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:06:35 PM by Mandalore1988 »

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 10:19:41 PM »

my local Walmart only have last 5 poa wave on discount and 2 packs too. and the ex on sale and about dozen old old six inch figures and the die cast ones. that is it.
With Wookie Rage

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 10:46:36 PM »

It's odd that my local Walmarts had the basic figures out a week in advance for both TLJ and R1, but this time around, there aren't even any new pegs for Solo. Lots of TLJ leftovers and unlabeled pegs. That's it.

It doesn't look very good to be quite frank. WM stores usually prepare new toys arrival with planogram and new price tags. None of that has been seen in the past few days. To me, it tells two options: 1) they don't care about Force Friday; 2) They will work their ass out tonight to do everything, which is very doubtful.

:(
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Subcoolin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 11:05:45 PM »

Anyone stopping in to the disney store.  There is something going on there i believe.   I phoned the STC location and was told there is a solo release tmw but could not give me any details as to what.  Apparantly TBS 6 inch commander Wolfe is a disney store exclusive.  Possible to be released ...who knows.  Not sure if i can make it for store opening but after work for sure.  Ill post my findings

rc0224

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 11:15:06 PM »

Anyone stopping in to the disney store.  There is something going on there i believe.   I phoned the STC location and was told there is a solo release tmw but could not give me any details as to what.  Apparantly TBS 6 inch commander Wolfe is a disney store exclusive.  Possible to be released ...who knows.  Not sure if i can make it for store opening but after work for sure.  Ill post my findings

I just spoke to one of the manager at a local disney store, he told me theres nothing special going on for tomorrow since they didnt receive anything or heard anything for their head office
he told me is possible nothing is going on for star wars due to avenger infinity war is coming out before solo

Subcoolin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 12:08:04 AM »

I had my hopes high  :(

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 12:19:33 AM »

Nothin really online. No midnight online madness. :(

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 07:01:25 AM »

I stopped at WM yesterday & asked the toy lady - she went in the back & said nothing had come off the truck for today. Disappointing.

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 07:13:48 AM »

I stopped at WM yesterday & asked the toy lady - she went in the back & said nothing had come off the truck for today. Disappointing.

That is disappointing. TRU has most of the new figures and vehicles online, but all sold out. The new Falcon with Han is $140 and $60 for the "budget" version. The 2 packs and Deluxe sets are now almost the same price as Walmart. I'm checking out my local TRU tonight as well as my Walmart.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 07:14:45 AM »

Nothin online at Walmart.
Amazon is scalper prices for what they have.
And TRU has no stock online.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170159
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 72
Total: 74

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 38 queries.