Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 01:44:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

56 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars TV Series in 2006  (Read 9419 times)

DarthKahnt

Re:Star Wars TV Series in 2006
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2005, 08:54:47 PM »

Man, Mark Hamill is looking WAY to old to pull that off.  ;)

darth_canuck

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2005, 03:42:23 AM »

Here's a newcomer's two bits -- if there is to be a series, maybe a few mini-series type of shows, where the episodes are an hour long, and it goes on for maybe six weekends or something.  This way, it would be like doing three new movies (six hour long mini-movies = three two-hour movies).
As for when these movies take place... I'd like to see some of the rise of the Sith, or back in the times of Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun.  Either that or what happened after ROTJ... I wouldn't be sad to see some fresh ideas, and not use the Heir to the Empire books or any of the books up to The New Jedi Order.

markdelete

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 02:58:44 AM »

as long as Kevin Smith is no way even remotely connected with the TV show, id be uber pleased.
as for what the show is about, who cares? it could be the quality of an Adult Swim cartoon & we would all still watch it.
-markdelete

watts

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Are you sitting comfortably- than we'll begin!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars TV Series in 2006
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 02:58:30 AM »

Not sure how an after Ep.III would be done......

My concern was Ep.II left us with the Clone Wars beginning
and then all of a sudden it wasn't even covered in Ep.III......
what the crap was that about.

I thought the TV Series would be Ep.II.v-
showing us the Clone Wars.

Cool as the animated series was- I couldn't stand the DVD set-up
that was continually having to see a beginning & re-cap every
2 mins.
Complete cheat on what was supposedly this grandiose THING
as laid out in Star Wars Ep. IV & on.

If you give a kid a fish you feed him for a day...
If you teach him how to fish you feed him for life.

In my experience if you teach him how to fish
he spends all his time in the basement tying "flies".
Jimmy James/News Radio

Sifo-Dyas

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Still Needs More Cowbell!
    • View Profile
    • VIEW MY HAVES/WANTS LIST...
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 06:47:15 AM »

Not sure how an after Ep.III would be done......

My concern was Ep.II left us with the Clone Wars beginning
and then all of a sudden it wasn't even covered in Ep.III......
what the crap was that about.

I thought the TV Series would be Ep.II.v-
showing us the Clone Wars.

Cool as the animated series was- I couldn't stand the DVD set-up
that was continually having to see a beginning & re-cap every
2 mins.
Complete cheat on what was supposedly this grandiose THING
as laid out in Star Wars Ep. IV & on.

What "wasn't even covered" in Ep.3 ?  The Clone Wars?!  Of course it was!
View My HAVES/WANTS LIST[/color]           View FEEDBACK

"If We Can't Laugh At The Dead, We Have No Business Killing People. "

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 08:07:12 AM »

Well I think there's not a person who wouldn't have preferred it if Lucas had skipped the eps1 plot and pushed eps2 to 1, inserted the clone wars into eps2, and leave RotS as eps3.  That would've been ideal.  Eps2 and 3 are really just the endcaps to the war, whereas people really wanted to see Anakin more involved in the mid-war stories (yes there are the comics, novels, cartoons, but come on, live action is what the whole clone wars was meant for IMO)

At least the 3d cartoon will show us the clone wars in greater detail (plus, no George Lucas directing nor writing the dialogue!!!!  :)`
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2006, 08:39:41 PM »

Well I think there's not a person who wouldn't have preferred it if Lucas had skipped the eps1 plot and pushed eps2 to 1, inserted the clone wars into eps2, and leave RotS as eps3.  That would've been ideal.  Eps2 and 3 are really just the endcaps to the war, whereas people really wanted to see Anakin more involved in the mid-war stories (yes there are the comics, novels, cartoons, but come on, live action is what the whole clone wars was meant for IMO)

At least the 3d cartoon will show us the clone wars in greater detail (plus, no George Lucas directing nor writing the dialogue!!!!  :)`

I know I am in the minority, but there are others like me - I actually like Episode I.  I think it has its place in the Star Wars series, and is essential, although on its own not the best of the bunch by any means.  I am glad they did it.

I do agree, though, that George should stick to the writing and not the directing...

Rimsey

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2006, 10:59:22 PM »

I know I am in the minority, but there are others like me - I actually like Episode I.  I think it has its place in the Star Wars series, and is essential, although on its own not the best of the bunch by any means.  I am glad they did it.

I do agree, though, that George should stick to the writing and not the directing...

I agree with Brianakarobin, I liked Ep.1. To me the Star Wars series is like a book. The first Chapter is never better then the rest of the book because it's there to set up the players and the situations. I do think that the best lightsaber battle was in Ep.1.  Qui Gon and Obi Wan vs. Maul.
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. -King of Swamp Castle

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • THE PASSION THAT UNITES US ALL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »

some of you folks don't care for E1.  For me, it was the link of the generations.  I was 8 yrs old when E4 came out.  My sone was 3 for E1.  the perfect age to be introduced to star wars.  A kid!!  he absolutely loved  :maul:  He has pics, posters, the hasbro light saber, and for this christmas, the MR version.  So for me, it has been great cause I have been able to share something from my life with my sonand introduce him to a new chapter of this space opera.  I hope that the new shows will be just as good so that we can continue to enjoy this part our lives

Slave1

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 04:30:27 AM »

The first Chapter is never better then the rest of the book because it's there to set up the players and the situations. I do think that the best lightsaber battle was in Ep.1. Qui Gon and Obi Wan vs. Maul.

Well said !!!
for alot of reasons EP1 is my fav, it has the coolest Jedi and the baddest Sith ( Qui-gon and Maul ).  its just too bad that they were killed in the same movie they were introduced, I never really understood this

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 04:31:07 PM »

The first Chapter is never better then the rest of the book because it's there to set up the players and the situations. I do think that the best lightsaber battle was in Ep.1. Qui Gon and Obi Wan vs. Maul.

Well said !!!
for alot of reasons EP1 is my fav, it has the coolest Jedi and the baddest Sith ( Qui-gon and Maul ).  its just too bad that they were killed in the same movie they were introduced, I never really understood this

well maul had to die but qui-gon dident if they had left him in he would of most likely helped dooku kill sideous tho hence ending the star wars plot and anakin wouldent be able to turn into vader! (i have no clue what i just said but in short) qui-gon was the only one who thought maul was a sith even the jedi council dident beleave him. IF they had left him alive and dooku had aproched him with information on a sith lord they most likely would of kill Palpy before he could do anything about it ending all of star wars. SO yes that is why qui-gon had to die he was just to smart for his own good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169112
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 37 queries.