Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 12:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

52 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: Post OTC finds here!  (Read 62072 times)

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
Re:Post OTC finds here!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2004, 05:42:03 PM »

Just checked the Superstore in Oakville - no Star Wars toys there!

LordJawas

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2004, 09:52:23 PM »

OTC Vaders Tie found at TRU in Hamilton. They had 2 of them. They looked cool, but I didnt pick one up.

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2004, 08:14:21 AM »

Wal-Mart in PTBO has glutted itself on the Yavin wave and according to store policy the OTC figures they have in stock will not be sold until existing stock is taken care of, and employees refuse to open any new cases since they have a whole THREE PEGS allotted to SW figures in the store which is WAY TOO MUCH for a non-movie year.  
 Zellers on the other hand has full price Taun We's and Zams on the shelf with a stack of Ultras (but no Ultra Jabba damn them!) but no other figures in sight. They apparantly can't determine if they have any stuff in stock since all the SKUs are diff on each fig. (These people are obviously not the sharpest knives in the drawer, since we all know it would be easy to walk into the back and look for the box that says "Hasbro Star Wars") According to the manager of the local Zellers, SW is a seasonal product and since there will be no movie til 2005, they won't order new product. I pointed out that the DVD release was one of the most anticipated sets to hit DVD players in years - but that supposedly doesn't make 2004 count as a movie year.  We have no superstores or TRUs around here so it looks like I will have to wait for my Dagobah Luke and Yoda. I anticipate finding them in 16-29 months.
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

NITROG71

• <A+++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF Happy collecting
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 11:13:14 AM »

It appears that the West End is still  receiving squat! ::)

Boba Fish

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 06:53:11 PM »

Nothing at Wal-Mart in Scarborough yet.  Found the OTC Vader's TIE at TRU at Vic Park/Lawrence and Cedarbrae, $40 each.  Both stores had plenty of them.
Toronto

Ronch182

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Snootchie Bootchies!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 08:17:41 PM »

Alright I've been in the loop with SW for quite a long time now, haven't even looked at the figures for over a month, are you guys talking the repackaged stuff or those new vintage ones, because i saw a bunch of them today at TRU today for 14.99

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2004, 01:24:14 AM »

The new vintage ones are of interest to most of us, Ronch, but the OTC carded figures (some new, some newly painted and some totally repacked) are of interest as well. Thanks for the post of your find!

Valfar

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2004, 08:37:09 AM »

I already have the OTC vader tie and regular tie..ronch182  i was wondering what location did you see these vintage OTC figures at?  Its quite sad all this has been out in the states for a few weeks now..and we got jack

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2004, 04:21:28 PM »

Whitby TRU

VOTC Han, Leia, and Obi.....$14.99 each....Lots left....

Vintage Han is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-*

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2004, 04:30:34 PM »

I was in the TRU in Woodbridge today - no OTC there at all!  They did have lots of Unleashed and lots of the big 4-packs...but no new figures.

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2004, 06:19:29 PM »

Just a sidebar on my previous post - Vintage figures ROCK - if this is a taste of what Hasbro has in store for us with these dozen figures then  :o

Ironically, I being a Harrison Ford/Han Solo fan wound up nabbing the Vintage OTC Han Solo on Ford's birthday no less! Talk about karma! And for the record I HIGHLY recommend getting 1 if not 2 of each of these VOTC jobbies - I have mine set up now (opened - but with the card in perfect condition minus the outer bubble) and I'm wishing I had a carded fig IN the case on top of the actual figure posed in front - Yes people - these figures are THAT GOOD. Enough said - Whitby TRU for anyone near it - they have them in oodles - and a slew of Saga Snowtroopers too for you army builders - even tho that doesn't REALLY count as a OTC find....

I need to go find an optimum pose for Solo now.....NorthernSolo out!

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No reward is worth this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2004, 11:17:02 PM »

Just a sidebar on my previous post - Vintage figures ROCK - if this is a taste of what Hasbro has in store for us with these dozen figures then  :o

Ironically, I being a Harrison Ford/Han Solo fan wound up nabbing the Vintage OTC Han Solo on Ford's birthday no less! Talk about karma! And for the record I HIGHLY recommend getting 1 if not 2 of each of these VOTC jobbies - I have mine set up now (opened - but with the card in perfect condition minus the outer bubble) and I'm wishing I had a carded fig IN the case on top of the actual figure posed in front - Yes people - these figures are THAT GOOD. Enough said - Whitby TRU for anyone near it - they have them in oodles - and a slew of Saga Snowtroopers too for you army builders - even tho that doesn't REALLY count as a OTC find....

I need to go find an optimum pose for Solo now.....NorthernSolo out!

Awesome! ;D
I'm a huge solo/harrison  fan too, so I was going to get two of him(one to open and on carded)
I sure hope these show up and alberta TRU's soon!
I do not like green eggs and ham!

Ronch182

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Snootchie Bootchies!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2004, 11:31:38 PM »

i was wondering what location did you see these vintage OTC figures at?
I am in Toronto, the figs I saw were in the TRU at Dufferin mall

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2004, 06:57:35 AM »

I almost forgot - I remember seeing someone mention that the VOTC figs they got had been "Quebec-ized" with the little french warning stickers. The ones I got in Whitby yesterday were clear of those and according to the underside legal and manufacturing blurb, it appears these figs originated in the UK! (My Wampa apparantly too!) Am glad to see Hasbro Canada isn't being allowed to ruin the aesthetic look of the new packaging with a glut of french all over it (don't even get me started on DVD packaging in Canada) Anyhoo - not that huge an issue but I'm sure some will wonder. Also, the black warning sticker on the inside of the star case comes off very easily with no residue to ruin the shell. And yeah - I'm still wishing I'd bought 2 of each now. ???

PS: I'm not anti-Quebec or anti-French (I grew up in Montreal and some of my best friends are french) I just hate having the packaging changed entirely just to accomodate a translation of the movie and character's names when it's obvious that most if not all SW figs/movies are universally recognizable - and the bloody DVD packaging.... French on the other side should mean one side is ALL English and one side is ALL french - not both in varying sizes on each side....Wake up movie studios - End of rant. Coffee time. Sorry for being off-topic

Beefer

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Kick It!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2004, 04:57:38 PM »

Get up to the Hamilton TRU if you need the VOTC figures. They just put out 3 cases when I got there at 4PM today. No Lukes yet. Also, they are not in the action figure isle, but are on the floor display when you turn left past the spider man display. Go Get em!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 37 queries.