Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 06:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

49 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 2145 times)

apu nahasapenipeth

Suggestion
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:31:46 AM »

Would it be possible for the admin to create an "ignore poster" button or command?  Some people post copious amounts of dreck on these boards and adding an ignore button would help sift through the bumpf.  IMDB has such a command on it's boards.  Just a suggestion.

Darron

Re:Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 12:47:14 AM »

hey thats a pretty cool idea. i don't know if Kevin could implement something like that. we will see..

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No, you're the one with the bad motivator, wanker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 05:11:40 AM »

Would it be possible for the admin to create an "ignore poster" button or command?  Some people post copious amounts of dreck on these boards and adding an ignore button would help sift through the bumpf.  IMDB has such a command on it's boards.  Just a suggestion.

I agree with you about the plethora of absolutely useless posts littering the boards these days but I don't think that an ignore feature like the one on the Rebelscum boards is the solution.   I don't know what would be a good solution but I acknowledge there is a real problem.  More vigilant mods?  They don't get paid enough.... hell they don't get paid.  How are they supposed to keep up to the insurgance of spamtastic Sams frequenting our forums these days. ::) Maybe if we wait long enough this problem will sort itself out. :-[
George Lucas says: For the love of Star Wars give me your money!!

Koda

• <A+++ Trader> Snowtroopers.ca Website
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Welcome to Snowtroopers.ca, proudly Canadian eh!
    • View Profile
    • snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 02:57:51 PM »

I agree ,but this forum doesn't come with the  option to ignore, you will have to do it the old fashion way. Just remember if you don't like a thread or think it is usless, just don't reply with your opinion and it will soon disapear down down down....

Lord Wader

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 12:37:06 AM »

I agree ,but this forum doesn't come with the  option to ignore, you will have to do it the old fashion way. Just remember if you don't like a thread or think it is usless, just don't reply with your opinion and it will soon disapear down down down....

I can definitely attest to that ;) I don't think any of my posts were crap but some were maybe......bland :'( They quietly died and sank to the bottom of the Ocean's depths.
It sometimes can be tough to filter through posts as everyone has different opinions and or tastes on what is crap. Some things are blatant which makes things easy.
I really wouldn't want to get carried away with censoring because I think it would make the site too sterile.

If its aproblem with the Off Topic section all I can suggest is to read the heading again Off Topic. Whether or not its useless shouldn't matter. When things are quiet people tend to goof around for something to do. I would rather have that when its quiet than have no posts. This site could be dead quiet and I don't thinks its wrong to goof around.
Now in the case of some getting off topic in a thread, post a friendly reminder to get back on track. If that doesn't work send us mods an e-mail. We try to help as best we can(Koda pays very well :P)
When there are new members they tend to get a little overzelous and don't really know they are getting on someones nerves. I think a subtle hint should work in most cases.
Remeber, some of these guy are kids and we need to cut them some slack. I think we tend to forget what we were like at that age.
Lastly, we all can't like everyone, its impossible. So I suggest we get a thicker skin for that, we can't have a filter for everything.

We are Canadians :D That means we are tolerant, peace keeping people ;D

Wade klein

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • "Never tell me the odds!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 12:40:05 AM »

:D

Imperial_Peter

• Star Wars Freak
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • #1 Star Wars fan
    • View Profile
    • My star wars space
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 01:08:19 AM »

Well put Lord Wader. i couldnt agree more.. sometimes it does get a little boring so we get off topic to pass the time but ignoring people i think is so not the way to go. we have had problems here and there and subtle hints always seem to do the trick. I love this site and am myself fairly new, you guys have helped me out and pointed me in the right direction on many different matters and i thank all of you for that. Constructive critisism only helps people and like you said some people are very young. Cut them some slack if it bothers you tell them, just be nice about it, my two cents....

Peter    :)
The Unofficial Spokesman For Hasbro
http://spaces.msn.com/members/petersharp/ <-- Updated Jan, 2007 or http://www.youtube.com/user/mvs99
Regina , Saskatchewan.
Star Wars - Return of the Temple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChphUACENr0 <---part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQiYL-lB4Y  <-----part 1

Alexandertrooper

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • the sand is where its at.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 04:04:32 AM »

I agree yes I have got off topic once but it was in the off topic section lol good place for it.  No I'm not a kid but I was helping one out.  But it happened oh well move on its life.  This is all for fun anyway right we all learn new things and we all love Star Wars and thats that right.

apu nahasapenipeth

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 12:41:24 PM »

The issue is simple: You have someone who has been here barely 2 weeks, and posted on average 32 times a day.  That's not excessive, that's ridiculous.  I agree "Off Topic" is open game, and I'm not talking about that forum.  But the top 2 (Wampa Cave and Scout Report) are loaded with crap from this individual.  This isn't about 1 or 2 threads either, it's about threads that post quality information or are on topic that are clogged with extraneous posts.  This isn't the first time this topic has come up and I doubt it will be the last, I'm not interested in filtering through BS to find the useful information I'm looking for because some one is "a little overzealous".

Imperial_Peter

• Star Wars Freak
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • #1 Star Wars fan
    • View Profile
    • My star wars space
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 12:44:13 PM »

And apu , have you noticed that he has calmed down already?? I have. Hes a good kid and now he knoes better . let it go man , let it go.

Peter
The Unofficial Spokesman For Hasbro
http://spaces.msn.com/members/petersharp/ <-- Updated Jan, 2007 or http://www.youtube.com/user/mvs99
Regina , Saskatchewan.
Star Wars - Return of the Temple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChphUACENr0 <---part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQiYL-lB4Y  <-----part 1

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No, you're the one with the bad motivator, wanker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 04:06:10 AM »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Quiet.  Nice.
George Lucas says: For the love of Star Wars give me your money!!

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 09:58:50 AM »

People are different, we have to live with that.  I just wish the blatant post padding didn't happen so often.  Here's a suggestion, try posting more than one thought/picture/comment per post.  Your post count only tells others that you spend too much time here, nothing more.  Quality not quantity folks.  

Apu, fwiw, I'm there with you.
what?  I'm cranky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 37 queries.