Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 08:30:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: new idea  (Read 5578 times)

Kitchener

• <A++Trader> Dark
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rock Bottom!
    • View Profile
Re:new idea
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2003, 05:14:03 PM »

I dont  :-*
First ever Survivor Champ!

u4ea

• (A++ Trader) Imperial Assassin
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I SITHED MY PANTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2003, 09:32:31 PM »

i'm not trying to push it, but i think and hope we all know when to stop bidding. the stuff can only be worth so much. if you don't want it, don't bid.
not sure if the feedback thing will work, it'll only take 1 person to get pissed off then you have bad feedback.
we don't need all the bs rules like EvilBAY.
we can just make it a fun thing. i was gonna start with loose figs. maybe start with .50c.
i said before i'm not in this for the money, just thought it would be fun.
it'll only be a few of doing it anyways.

Kitchener

• <A++Trader> Dark
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rock Bottom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2003, 09:34:53 PM »

Exactely im with you all the way  :-*  Lets do this.

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2003, 12:15:45 AM »

OK, here's the deal.  I'm all for it too on one condition:

u4ea and kitchener take the legal and financial responsibility for any of the deals that go bad.  Because that's exactly what you're asking Koda and Kevobi to set themselves up for.  

Think about it.  Read the posts with people bitching about ebay deals that have gone sour.  Who are you going to run to and blame when you get screwed?  Koda?  I don't think he needs anymore grief over this site than he already gets.  

Sorry, but the guys doing this site have worked and continue to work really hard so a bunch of people can whine, bitch, complain and send rude emails?  And now they want to put some financial obligations on the site too by making it an auction site?

i think and hope we all know when to stop bidding
It's a nice thought, but reality doesn't work that way.  Someone always wants something more than someone else.  And all the BS rules on ebay exist because of legal liability.  

The idea and ideas in general are great.  But try to think of what would happen if it was you running the site and something went wrong (as it almost inevitably will).  
what?  I'm cranky.

Kitchener

• <A++Trader> Dark
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rock Bottom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2003, 07:14:13 AM »

We should only let people on snowtroopers that have been members for a long time to bid.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2003, 11:31:33 AM »

A lot of these posts have had good ideas and interesting comments.  I agree with most of them.  Here is my humble opinion:

Auctions can be fun, although sometimes frustrating.  It is not a bad idea for people who frequent snowtroopers.ca to have auctions amongst themselves, but in a simialr vein to what Morgbug said, I do not think that Snowtroopers.ca should sanction the auctions.  It would just create headaches and legal problems that are not needed and could wreck a great site.

If people want to do auctions, maybe they could put a post up about it, say what they are auctioning, and people could email the seller with bids.  The seller could then take responability for the auction and everything resulting from it.  It would need to be stated clearly that the auction has nothing to do with snowtroopers.ca, though.

seth_quinn

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2003, 01:26:18 PM »

I thought about that self-run auction idea too.  the flaw I found was an honesty issue.  mr seller falsely tells guy A that guy B just emailed and offered $5 more to try and get $10 out of guy A.

here's my prediction on what it would take to get auctions running here on the site.  it would be such an undertaking that, those interested in having auctions here would have to put up enough cash in listing fees, up front, so that Koda and Kevobi could quit their jobs to run it.   ...not likely to happen.

Kitchener

• <A++Trader> Dark
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rock Bottom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2003, 03:50:13 PM »

Auctions for the go.  If someone wins an idem and the seller refuses to sell item to the winner he shoudl be banned from snowtroopers!  Auctions is a great idea!

u4ea

• (A++ Trader) Imperial Assassin
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I SITHED MY PANTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2003, 04:02:39 PM »

that might be a little bit harsh i think.
we're all supposed to be friends.

seth_quinn

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2003, 04:33:44 PM »

man he cracks me up. he's like a dog with bone, he.. just.. won't.. freakin'.. let.. go.   :D

Kitchener

• <A++Trader> Dark
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rock Bottom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2003, 05:01:02 PM »

Same with you  :D

Koda

• <A+++ Trader> Snowtroopers.ca Website
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Welcome to Snowtroopers.ca, proudly Canadian eh!
    • View Profile
    • snowtroopers.ca
my view
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2003, 12:04:43 AM »

When this place was started, the idea was for collectors to help collecters and for the most part it has worked. "hey darth collector can you grab me an extra figure " A" I can't seem to find one anywhere"  "Sure Jedi Collector you still have extra figure "B" to trade?"
Sure you get the idea.

I spend allot of free time grabbing extras in the U.S. and in Canada for "troopers", sure I would love to turn a profit for my efforts, but that's not what I am into. My payment has always been those same guys help me with stuff I want, novel idea isn't it.

Banning people for auctions going bad? I think we didn't sign up for a policing job. I get emails from people asking if it safe to trade with so and so, can you imagine runing an auction site?And what about feedback, a separate thread for auctions and trades?

Auction sites like ebay are great, I use to buy a fair amount from them. If you want to make money off your fellow collectors, that is the best route. If you want to get rid of an item  post it in the trade forum with your asking price rather than friends bidding against friends.

One problem I forsee is Joe finding say the unleashed at Walmart for $5.00 and rather than post it in the just found section, puts it up to Auction. Say the bid hits $20.00 (still good price for unleashed) Frank posts that he found the Unleashed at his local Walmart for $5.00, the bidder would be right peed off.  Of course this is just an example. People are always posting about scalpers, what happens if someone grabs all yodas or fetts localy (example )  and puts them up for auction? People would be in an uproar and we would get bombarded with emails saying ban and delete. I hate conflict, it means extra work.

My suggestion would be to go to EZboard and open up your own auction forum , which would have nothing to do with this collecting site.

This is just MY opinion and I hope I didn't offend anyone, ideas are always welcome.

Lord Wader

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2003, 12:16:17 AM »

I think kitchener and seth_quinn need to get a room :D Dudes chill out and smoke a dubie LOL.
I have to agree with most others and say an auction is not the way to go. Though I do agree it would be nice to do something. On the last board someone mentioned haveing draws and buying tickets. Comeing to terms with exactly how things should go down will be a challenge but I think thats the way to go. The question is how many Troopers would interested in anything like that at all. Who would be in charge and what to do with extra money, if any.
I'm willing to help organize and be involved. What do others think? Or should we scrap any idea on this at all. I think with all the great troopers we have, we can come up with something fun and worth while! :-*
It's time for a poll???
I'm going to the Twin Cities in Oct. and I'm going to find something to donate for a draw of this nature just for fun. Lets put our thinking caps on before we all go our separate ways!! :'(

Rimsey

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2003, 12:30:35 AM »

I agree with the majority. I have been a Snowtrooper for quite awhile now and made some real good friends who've helped me out big time in trades. I had a couple of big named items that I traded or sold and I was told that I could get more on ebay for those paticular items. But I wanted one of my fellow troopers to have it rather then putting it up on ebay. I've been helped and I hope that I've helped out others out.

I could see the headaches involved with auctions and I would hate to see the feedback part of the forum to get nasty.
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. -King of Swamp Castle

seth_quinn

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2003, 02:36:20 AM »

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just like a good debate.  hope no one's getting the wrong impression, that's the problem with the written word, it can't communicate tone of voice.

smoke a dubie?  K is too young and why would I need one? I've already got a perfectly good purple tube tucked away in the kitchen cupboards.  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 58
Total: 59

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 38 queries.