Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 02:32:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback Issue  (Read 2503 times)

Nighttrain

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • One more time tonight..
    • View Profile
Feedback Issue
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:23:02 AM »

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there was any better way to have the feedback...like maybe have our postive/negatives under our usernames..(similar to what thejawa.com) has I would be:

Nighttrain
+1/0

Instead of Nighttrain
Empire Recruit

Or if you can maybe have both things...I find it tedious to go looking through the feedback forums that are all jumbled. This way you can get a better idea of who you are dealing with just by looking at their username. I think the most important thing that happens on this forum is the selling, buying, trading....and this option woulld be great.

Maybe we keep the way to collect the feedback the same way in a forum like that..but every week have the mods clean out the forum and add them to our username.

as an example:
-I buy something off Mister X

-He makes a topic in the feedback forum similar to what we do now saying I am a great buyer.

-I get my stuff then I make a topic saying Mister X is a great seller.

-A Mod comes along once a week or whatever and cleans all these topics up and gives me and Mister X a +1 to our feedback rating under our username.
Well I'm a west coast struttin'
One bad mother
Got a rattlesnake suitcase
Under my arm
Said I'm a mean machine
Been drinkin' gasoline
And honey you can make my motor hum

Kevobi

• Snowtroopers.ca Web
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • TK8423
    • View Profile
    • www.KevinFawley.com
Re:Feedback Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 11:53:13 AM »

-A Mod comes along once a week or whatever and cleans all these topics up and gives me and Mister X a +1 to our feedback rating under our username.

It's a good idea,
but considering the number of members and transactions that's a heck of a lot of work.  It might work at first, but I know that I really wouldn't want to do that every week.
kevin @ snowtroopers.ca
Winnipeg, MB

Nighttrain

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 12:03:31 PM »

Yea for one person that is probably alot but if you set it up with 5 or 6 guys it wouldnt take long.
One bad mother
Under my arm
Said I'm a mean machine
Been drinkin' gasoline

Lord Wader

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 07:23:10 PM »

Yea for one person that is probably alot but if you set it up with 5 or 6 guys it wouldnt take long.

You're right about that but the hard thing would be to have everyone participating steady.
We'll have a chat in the board room and see what we can do. It may take some time to get it going if it gets off the ground.

I do like your idea but can't promise anything unfortunately ;)

WeedIan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Sometimes I amaze even myself.
    • View Profile
    • Ian Elliott - Web Developer Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:48:54 AM »

there is anotehr way that you could do this too. But it would require some programming knowledge.

you can set up a reference sorta confirmation email thing, you add a person by there email, it emails them and says so and so said you traded please confirm this.

and then you confirm with a positive or negative and they add it to your references and then it could say references on the side.

Besides then you can cut down the forums to just have a bad traders forum and have a mod or 3 work there and investiage if someone commits some sort of bad trading practises or fraud.
*Check out My Site, www.Ian-Elliott.com give me some ideas for some designs i could do for fun. If you need some web design/development contact me.* Looking for Loose Figures preferabley ones with stands.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 08:18:22 AM »

We just discussed this at some length in the moderators forum.

The problem is that only administrators have privileges allowing them to alter your usernames, and there are a minimum number of them.  If the moderators could do it, it might be feasible.

One thing Kevobi pointed out  is that we could put a link at the bottom of everyone's post to their own feedback forum thread (in their signature).  Those interested in trading can make sure that they have that set up.

So, if you want to find feedback on someone, just look at the bottom of their post.  Rather than going through the un-alphabetized forum, you can click at the bottom of the main forums page to show all users (which you can look at alphabetically) and find the user you are interested in, click to find their 10 most recent posts, and go to one of them so you can click the link to their forum.  I just tried it for me, and it took about 30 seconds - no big deal.

Barada

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 10:28:34 AM »

To make the bad traders more noticeable, I will add a 'Negative Feedback' thread.  If you don't know the person you're dealing with, scan that forum and see if their name shows up.

I'll need some help - anyone that has posted negative feedback for someone in the past, please PM me a link to that thread, and I'll move it to our new one.

Barada

Darth Wolf

• <A+ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • DARTH WOLF
    • View Profile
    • My feedback thread
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 10:52:31 AM »

I actually like this feedback thread system more so then other sites.  
I find it easy to use and since it's separated my alphabet with makes things even easier.
I don't think we need to be so babied and have the mods/admin do so much work.  It should really be up to ourselves as traders to do a bit of work/research and look for feedback.  We can also ask a link to a feedback when doing a trade.  Personally i have it on my on sig. to make it easier for everyone i deal with.  

I do think a Neg. feedback thread would be a good idea.

Nighttrain

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 05:43:48 PM »

Some of us have better things to do then search through a hundred topics for a name that may or may not be there....
One bad mother
Under my arm
Said I'm a mean machine
Been drinkin' gasoline

Barada

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 10:52:49 PM »

Some of us have better things to do then search through a hundred topics for a name that may or may not be there....

Try this.

Click the search button near the top of any page within the forums.

Under 'words to search', type the members name, and select it to search the feedback forums.  Leave the 'by user' selection blank.

That should make it easier.

Barada

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 11:53:51 AM »

And some of us have better things to do than manually inputting feedback on all of the members on this forum.   ;)

Seriously, though, Barada's suggestion is a good one.  But even if you couldn't, and had to search through, just be grateful that this is even available - without it, you would have no idea who you were trading with.

Radiation74

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 11:57:18 AM »

there aren't a hundred topics in each section of the feedback forum.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback Issue
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 01:20:22 AM »

Regarding feedback, who does one contact to request the A+ Trader designation? I've dealt with many users here, and have received lots of good feedback.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 08:06:33 AM »

Regarding feedback, who does one contact to request the A+ Trader designation? I've dealt with many users here, and have received lots of good feedback.

Talk to one of the admins (Barada, Kevobi, Koda, or Wader) and they will look after it.

Koda

• <A+++ Trader> Snowtroopers.ca Website
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Welcome to Snowtroopers.ca, proudly Canadian eh!
    • View Profile
    • snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 11:34:27 AM »

Regarding feedback rating go here

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=150.0

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169129
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 28
Total: 29

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 38 queries.