Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 07:13:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: #41 vs. 4 pack  (Read 1691 times)

Needa

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
#41 vs. 4 pack
« on: June 20, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »

I have pretty much lost my patience trying to find any #41's.  What are the advantages/disadvantages of picking up a 4 pack of clones instead?  It is a bit more expensive, but it's only a few bucks which would be worth it to finally get some clones.  Or should I keep hunting for #41's?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re:#41 vs. 4 pack
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 03:31:14 PM »

The 4 packs are AOTC Clones, and thus have the different helmets. Besides that, the articulation and quality of figures is nearly the same. If you want EpIII Clones, you'll either have to get some 6s and/or 41s, or you'll have to wait until they decide to make some ROTS 4 packs. If they're anything like the AOTC ones, we should expect to see those in about 3 years.

pcdawg

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I'm a llama! NOT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 03:37:44 PM »

I have never seen any 41s either... but i believe the 4 pack is based on the AOTC clones.

I brought a colored 4-pack set in Hong Kong this May for about $45 CDN but its still sealed.  Everyone that has this set have said that they are well articulated and well worth the price.

It is a great set to pickup even if you do find some #41s(which i think will be really hard since EVERYONE is looking for them)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 06:55:18 PM »

I would get out and check Zellers asap, I found a 41 Clone, 2 6s and the remnants of whatever case would have included the ATTE Gunner this afternoon. I don't think WalMart will get any more unless they include that figure in a later assortment.

General Yoda

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Disa Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:35 PM »

I have seen and/or own every figure between 1-44... 41 is a sweet fig.. I like it more than #6.. and as for the 4 pack... well I havent seen it to compare....

MOOGLY

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • mrdylan
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

#41 and the 4 pack are the same in terms of articulation but I really like the build on the 4 pack more the legs and arms seem beefier to me and they look like bigger guys as if they have slimmed out for EP III or something (maybe too much fighting in the Clone Wars they don't get to eat as much !!)

but I prefer the newer helmets more so than EP1 clones or even stormtroopers. For this reason I will no doubt stick to the 8 I got in a trade here and not buy anymore unless they come in a deal or something.

I also find the paint on the 4 packs guys to be applied much better where as the #41 seem to be whipped out like the rest of the regular production run figures.

41 is still a very nice figure though and I will be trying to get more of them than more 4 packs but I am very pleased that I did get them. A clean variant would have been nice too.

I am also pleased with #6 too though.

I would love to see an EP3 Clone 4 pack come out like the EE one maybe with paint jobs like the Clones we actually see in the movies

;D

Needa

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 02:58:47 AM »

Thanks for your comments everyone.  Tonight I finally found 2 of #41 at a Zellers in Calgary.  They were the only ones there.  I was beginning to think I'd never find one.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170111
  • Total Topics: 14396
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 63
Total: 63

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 37 queries.