Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 06:23:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 5 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Manners in Forums  (Read 3050 times)

GB Jedi

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • We Came. We Saw. We kicked it's ass!
    • View Profile
Manners in Forums
« on: June 21, 2005, 01:21:08 PM »

Have you ever experience this:

Posting a thread which you think would be cool, or just something pretty personal to you and then being torn apart for it?  I mean has anyone tried tearing you down for something so stupid as to posting something about yourself and then being ripped apart for it?  Do people have common curtsey anymore on some message boards.  Iím not talking about this one; snowtoopers.ca has been very, very, nice to me.  Iím talking about this link:

http://www.ghostbustershq.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=49926#49926

Iíll prolly get in crap for defending myself as well.  I wish I could say more on that board, but I donít want to stoop to their level.  A lot of the MODS there are the friends with those bastards and itís just not right.  The place is corrupt, and I wish I could show those guys up.  Sorry, I just needed to vent.

What do you guys think I should do?  Personally, Iíd love to strike vengeance Batman StyleÖbut thatís just me.

WeedIan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Sometimes I amaze even myself.
    • View Profile
    • Ian Elliott - Web Developer Portfolio
Re:Manners in Forums
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 01:52:50 PM »

It happens at pretty much all forums
*Check out My Site, www.Ian-Elliott.com give me some ideas for some designs i could do for fun. If you need some web design/development contact me.* Looking for Loose Figures preferabley ones with stands.

Johnny B.

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 02:04:58 PM »

I just visited that forum from the link you posted above...Those people are totally rude...You don't belong there bro...You belong here!  Bunch of immature b*tches!!!  They allow you to cuss and swear on that board???  Gotta tell you...We really appreciated the pics which you posted!   :-*  And any friend of Brent's is a friend of mine!   ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 02:06:40 PM by SaMmiLoVer »
aka: J B Double U"...Str8 up ridin'...Fo' Sho...Representin' Markham, ON...Ya know what time it is!!!

blink 182

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • something happend to me...I am not the jedi I was
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 03:05:16 PM »

it happens to me all the time........because of V*A*F*R.......fill in the blanks and you win.

It hurts alot because i just want to know somthing then people make fun of you and blame you because you made the fourm. i got yelled at from a mod because i was defending myself.  it dose hurt and i would wish it to stop.

nuff said.
Your Buddy, Blink 182

ms_ventress

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • FOR I AM ZIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 03:07:52 PM »

i hate when people are rude for no reason.... kinda makes you want to kick something. they are just jealous you had and are having such a great experience with the movie, i think.

Don't get down on this. you are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different.. sorry i am quoting x-men haha.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -Galadriel
I am a little short for a Stormtrooper.

blink 182

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 04:08:33 PM »

i hate when people are rude for no reason.... kinda makes you want to kick something. they are just jealous you had and are having such a great experience with the movie, i think.

Don't get down on this. you are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different.. sorry i am quoting x-men haha.

I love x-men  :'(
Your Buddy, Blink 182

WeedIan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Sometimes I amaze even myself.
    • View Profile
    • Ian Elliott - Web Developer Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 04:15:29 PM »

it happens to me all the time........because of V*A*F*R.......fill in the blanks and you win.

It hurts alot because i just want to know somthing then people make fun of you and blame you because you made the fourm. i got yelled at from a mod because i was defending myself.  it dose hurt and i would wish it to stop.

nuff said.

Its probably because your immature and you should your immaturity by posting the name of the person who you beleive is rude to you for no reason which shows me that there is a reason but that's enough said by me.

The reason people are rude is because there is no face to the name, people are mouthy online because it makes them feel big and that they are protected by the computer.

I know i did it when i was younger and regret it.
*Check out My Site, www.Ian-Elliott.com give me some ideas for some designs i could do for fun. If you need some web design/development contact me.* Looking for Loose Figures preferabley ones with stands.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 05:50:04 PM »

Being rude accomplishes nothing good.  At times, I think people need to be corrected or whatever, but I think it is important to always try to do it in a way so as not to offend the person.

I think in the vast majority of cases, people here are pretty good.  there are always exceptions.

Obiwan

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 06:15:18 PM »

This is what happens to me when I say something theres a way I say so people know im joking but here people get offended cause they dont know that im being sarcastic or joking around

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 06:32:53 PM by Jabbapeconi »

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 06:35:02 PM »

Brendan, like ive told ya matey. Snowtroops is like a tight knit family. We have a few loose ends like any family, but for the most part we are all close here.

I mean, would any of the guys on ur GB boards drive 3 hrs one way to go chill with a couple of troopers for an afternoon? Or even to shake thier hands ( Like me and Sammi)???? I doubt it bro....
Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

Obiwan

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 06:38:07 PM »

This is what happens to me when I say something theres a way I say so people know im joking but here people get offended cause they dont know that im being sarcastic or joking around

see what I mean

what happen to the recent post by blink and also my post

Brent Peconi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 06:40:37 PM »

Im just doin my duties Obi wan. I edited ur post for u, so that no one on the site would get offended, so that u wouldnt be BLAMED for this sorta thing. Stay on topic kid, if u dont, ill just keep deleting the posts.

Obiwan

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 06:43:45 PM »

Im just doin my duties Obi wan. I edited ur post for u, so that no one on the site would get offended, so that u wouldnt be BLAMED for this sorta thing. Stay on topic kid, if u dont, ill just keep deleting the posts.

fine

blink 182

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 06:46:33 PM »

as i posted before (but now it appers to be gone)

it is sad to see fellow troopers picking on each other and calling people names for no reson at all.  what happed to " if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all"?
if we go by that saying, we wont have problums like thats again.
Your Buddy, Blink 182

Brent Peconi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 06:48:52 PM »

as i posted before (but now it appers to be gone)

it is sad to see fellow troopers picking on each other and calling people names for no reson at all.  what happed to " if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all"?
if we go by that saying, we wont have problums like thats again.

Need i remind u what the two of u did in the replicas section? Wuit making this thread ur personal "Boo hoo" thread Blink and Obi wan. Its not what its meant to be.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169072
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 62
Total: 67

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 38 queries.