Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 09:59:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

43 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greatest day in a long time ... updated read 3rd page  (Read 3728 times)

Magic Jedi

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • You must learn (card) control.
    • View Profile
Re:Greatest day in a long time ...
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2005, 10:26:50 PM »

Hey Moogly:

I don't think that we have had the pleasure of meeting, but I'm sure we've seen each other at the Star Wars Expos, etc. (I just live close to you in Richmond Hill). Your story just blew me away, and I am so pleased that your son is doing better. My wife and I are first time parents, and our son is 9 months old. The thought of anything like this happening to him just scares the hell out of me, and makes me sick. In addition, the thought of anything like this happening to any child just makes me sad as well. But to hear that your son was able to "beat the odds" and get better, brings joy to my heart!  That is just fantastic. Also, kudos to you and your wife for pushing the doctors to search harder!

Two weeks ago, my father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer for the second time. He had a cancerous brain tumor 5 years ago, and beat the hell out of it with an incredible stem-cell research study he was involved in. He was the only one of 26 people that survived the study! This is now a different type of cancer and we're hoping to find out by the end of this week if they can operate, treat it or........

For an adult of 67 to have something like this, it is awful, but for a child it is a tragedy. And again, to hear that a child "beat" it is incredible.

Those pictures of him are just beautiful, and he looks so pleased and overwhelmed with his Star Wars toys. I am new to this Star Wars habit (not even 2 years of collecting), but I have really had a chance to see that no matter what 2 peoples' differences are, SW always seems to bring them together. Because of Star Wars, I have had a wonderful opportunity to meet some cool and rockin' people that I may normally not have met and/or connected with. I think that is just awesome.

Sorry for the long post, but I think that your son has really touched everyone's hearts and minds including mine and my wife's. Have a great trip, and best wishes and blessings to you, your family, and your courageous little Jedi!

Magic Jedi

MOOGLY

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • mrdylan
Re: Greatest day in a long time ...
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 10:01:55 PM »

Been a while since I have been on here but I Figured I would bump this thread up rather than open a new one since the story behind this is so long (Read back if needed).

Gibson had his last MRI a few weeks back and they have found a new tumour in a different place than the existing one which means that for us this is starting all over. He is having surgery again next monday and afterwards will have either Chemo or radiation again. Kinda crazy it is almost 2 years to the day exactly since he was first diagnosed he will be in the hosptial again on his birthday so we had a party for him last week.

Just to let ya's all know he has been fine as far as we knew running, playing and so on so this came as a total shock to us since there were none of the symptoms he had last time. They caught it early this time though so we have known for a bit where as last time it was boom right into surgery.

Just thought i would come and let you guys know since basically it is why i am here in the first place. I have been checking in from time to time and many sent me pm's asking where i was but I had to stay away from the star wars due to financial reasons and I have a very addictive personality so for me it was better to just keep away.

Anyways I can't say whether this will make me be around more or not I was hoping to add alot more to his collection again this summer but I am not sure if that will happen now or not.

So for you guys who pray say one for him for the rest just keep him in your thoughts.

:shakehead:

Dylan/Gibson Maidansky

Zoro

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 10:18:44 PM »

you and your family are in my personal prayers and in my families evening prayers, God bless you and your family, Especialy little Gibson, Stay strong kid!..

I know we dont know each other, it is amazing how hard times can bring strangers together,
If there is anything I or my family can do PM me..

stormtripper

• <A+++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 11:26:53 PM »

Moogly
I do not pray but I might soon have to start. I hope that your son is going to be okay, and that you guys remain strong through another episode. Take care, thanks for keeping us updated. Gonna hug my kids longer now!
Jay
Forum Feedback Link

North Vancouver, Hollywood North....
MTMFnFBWY

Ian_C

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • DXcellence
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2006, 03:57:17 PM »

Damn, Gibson has really been through alot.  :sad0064:

The last time this happened, there was a big thing at RS where people were sending you some SW toys for him.  Unfortunately, I was not able to participate last time.  If Gibson is still a big fan, I would like to send him something.  Please PM me with your mailing address for me to send something along to cheer him up.

Hang tough...

Ian
For all your wrestling needs.  Discussion, Fantasy Tournaments, Figures, Hall of Fame, etc.

Rimsey

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2006, 05:26:04 PM »

Glad to hear they caught this one early. I wish you and your family all the best through this tough time.
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. -King of Swamp Castle

LordJawas

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 05:31:25 PM »

Sorry to hear this, but glad to hear they cought it early.

MOOGLY

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • mrdylan
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

Thanks guys last time this place and star wars in general helped for me to take my mind off things and let me and the little guy play with a toy that I also played with as a child too kinda wild in a way. He still loves em and was playing with them earlier today I just havn't had the time or cash to persue it as I was last year.

Ian_c I will send you our address if you would like I am sure he would love that and again to all those who shared last time thank you very very much to this day he still loves em.

baggins1977

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2006, 09:11:44 PM »

hey moogly,

thanks for sharing your story to us troopers here.  im sure your family is going through alot and im glad the little guy is getting better.  at times like this health of loved ones is the most important thing in life. 

ill keep gibson and your family in my nightly prayers.
god bless
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169084
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 43
Total: 45

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 39 queries.