Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

46 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book/Comic Reviews  (Read 3868 times)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Book/Comic Reviews
« on: August 25, 2005, 09:23:57 AM »

I thought it would be a good idea to have a poll for each novel, and associated with them, the first post would be a review/plot summary of the book.  I have started with The Joiner King, and plan on slowly adding until all of the novels are here.  Please add your own reviews to the threads.

As a note, the Plot summaries that I write will contain essentially THE ENTIRE PLOT OF THE BOOK!!!  They therefore will contain spoilers, so be forewarned! :fighting0003:

Also, if you are looking for a review on a certain book and don't see it , and don't feel like scrolling through all of the threads to find it, there are two ways to find it quickly:

1. Alphabetically: At the top of the forum, in the column that has all of the subject headings, you will find the word "subject".  Click on this and it will sort the subjects by alphabetical order, and you can then search for your book alphabetically.  

2. Chronologically:  Go into the thread for the timeline, find the book you are looking for, and click on the title and it will take you to the appropriate page.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:53:15 AM by brianakarobin »

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Book Reviews
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 03:42:10 PM »

Just as a note, guys and gals...

As you may have noticed, some threads are missing, some are changed, etc.  I apologize for messing around with things, but I wanted to get things more organized now that there are topics for each book.  It required a lot of merging, and occasionally editing other peoples posts, and I really didn't like doing that.  However, I think it is for the good of the forum, as it will be much tidier.

Thanks for your patience.  Hopefully we can make this one of the best EU discussion forums on the net! :artoo:

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 07:34:20 AM »

All the polls for currently available books are up - please vote on them!!!  Even if you have already reviewed them (i.e. Darth Troment, arc troooper, chaingundofdoom, Eaton's trooper!!!) :)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:13:49 PM »

Just letting people know that I am working on posting pics of all of the books in their reviews.  I have most of the hardcover novels up now, but am still not done a few (I am taking the pics from my own books, so it is taking some time).  Remember to post your reviews of any books you have read.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 08:45:51 PM »

Just as an update, I have posted covers (and back covers for paperbacks, as they have a brief synopsis of the story on them) of most of the books in their review threads.  I still have a fair number to go, but they are mostly the Young Adult books.

Again, please write reviews on books you have read, or just a little blurb of whether you liked it or not, and while your at it, vote on it so fellow troopers can get an idea of which books are worth reading. :)`

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 09:07:38 PM »

ALrigth, things are pretty much fully functional here now.  Although not every book has a detailed plot summary, every available novel has a poll/topic posted with a picture of the front cover (and sometimes the back - most softcovers), and you can post your reviews and give it a score out of 5 as well.  Please do this, as it will be interesting, but also help others looking to get into the books to see what some good EU novels are.

Just as a note, almost all of the pics are from my own collection.  A select few are not, such as original covers from the Brian Daley Han Solo trilogy (I have the 3-in-1), the Lando trilogy (again, I have the 3-in-1) the original trilogy novelizations (I also have the 3-in-1) and some of the Young Jedi Knights series (I have some of them in compiled form).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 01:48:54 PM by brianakarobin »

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 11:52:45 AM »

I thought it would be a good idea to have a poll for each novel, and associated with them, the first post would be a review/plot summary of the book.  I have started with The Joiner King, and plan on slowly adding until all of the novels are here.  Please add your own reviews to the threads.

As a note, the Plot summaries that I write will contain essentially THE ENTIRE PLOT OF THE BOOK!!!  They therefore will contain spoilers, so be forewarned! :fighting0003:

Also, if you are looking for a review on a certain book and don't see it , and don't feel like scrolling through all of the threads to find it, there are two ways to find it quickly:

1. Alphabetically: At the top of the forum, in the column that has all of the subject headings, you will find the word "subject".  Click on this and it will sort the subjects by alphabetical order, and you can then search for your book alphabetically. 

2. Chronologically:  Go into the thread for the timeline, find the book you are looking for, and click on the title and it will take you to the appropriate page.

We hopefully will have a comics timeline up as well, with threads for all of the comics series.  It is probably going to follow the same format.  Stay tuned!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169109
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 38 queries.