Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2021, 06:26:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haslab Rancor  (Read 819 times)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Haslab Rancor
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 02:17:00 PM »

I wonder about the rancor keeper. If you included it, then folks not buying a rancor would not get a keeper. I would buy a keeper, but have zero interest in the rancor. So they'd then have sold 10,000 or more to rancor owners, and then would need to sell again to the rest of us. Makes me wonder how many of each regular release figure do they produce? 25,000, 100,000, more? I have no idea. But if the numbers aren't super high they might not have wanted to double dip on the keeper. Or they'd piss off everyone who can't afford (or just doesn't want) a rancor if they kept the keeper exclusive.

Without knowing their production numbers it's hard to judge.

I do also agree with Eradicator. I don't remember anyone really saying "Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if they made a 6" Rancor?" . At least not any real ground swell of collectors asking for it. I think this is similar to the skystriker. It's hobbling along as well. I feel like that was not something joe fans were clamoring for. I'm skipping that, partly because it's not something I really want that bad, and also because of the price. They added a bunch of stuff that gives "added value" but that just Jack's up the price. I think a lot of people feel a skystriker should have been just a cheaper regular release. Again, it seems hasbro doesn't quite have their hand on the pulse (ha!) Of their fans.

I would be one of those who wouldn't mind a Rancor Keeper but not really interested in having a 6" scale Rancor.

As for the Skystriker, they're trying to get in on the vintage nostalgia.  Unfortunately for me, I really like the modern Joes and sold off my entire vintage collection so I don't have any interest in anything not compatible with the modern stuff.

I already converted the 30th Anniversary Skystriker to a 2-seater and the wings and landing gear operate independently of each other.  I think the new Skystriker would not be hard for me to convert to make it fit modern Joe pilots.  However, if I'm paying that much already for it, I don't want to have to do more of my own modification to make it fit the figures I want.  If they made an option of a 2nd set of seats made for modern pilots, I might actually have gone for the Skystriker.

Here's some pics.  I actually did two versions of the dual cockpit.
Here are some pics.  They are very tight in there already and I really don't want to go through the hassle of making something, especially seeing the initial price I have to pay.

This was my original one.  It looked really good but it hides the fact that there really was no cockpit in there.  If the figures are removed, everything falls apart.

If I'm gonna pay the amount it costs for the Haslab one, I need to know I can fit a figure I want without all that modding.  I want it to come ready for putting a modern figure in there if I want to.
B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Execute Order 67!!! Bring in the space horses!
    • View Profile
Re: Haslab Rancor
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2021, 03:27:36 PM »

This video pretty much sums up the Rancor Haslab situation with RotJ hilarity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_QX4Kis1UU

:rollfloorlaffsmiley: :rollfloorlaffsmiley: :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 175526
  • Total Topics: 14462
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 54
Total: 55

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 40 queries.