Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2020, 11:04:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

194 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)  (Read 256391 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)
« Reply #1185 on: August 04, 2020, 04:17:03 PM »

I can't remember who or in what thread, but thought someone was looking around for the 6" Snowspeeder.
Here's another place to pick one up if you need it:

https://www.toysnowman.com/product/star-wars-the-black-series-6-snowspeeder-empire-strikes-back-/253?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=2

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 04, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »

Thanks Wedge, I hedged my bets & put an order in. If EB comes through I'll buy that one as well & have a second one to set aside for another trooper if someone else is stuck.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 04, 2020, 10:46:25 PM »

Hmm yeah I'm still looking to get a snowspeeder. I'm hoping TRU will get more stock. There's gotta be a decent amount of them produced.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 05, 2020, 01:44:17 PM »

I was just at my local Toys R Us store today at lunch and they had the Black Series Snowspeeder in-stock. Please see the provincial forums for the location.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 06, 2020, 06:41:47 PM »

So Toy Snowman doesn't mess around - paid about 2 days ago & got notice my snowspeeder was shipped today via canadapost! Pretty happy! Hopefully it arrives in reasonable shape, in a reasonable amount of time.  :love0030:

iWookiee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 07, 2020, 03:32:38 PM »

Got my Snowspeeder from TRU today! Finally!
There is ALWAYS another way!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 07, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »

Very glad to hear about some finds of this item! Hope everyone that wants one can find one, and I hope it's worth the $$$!

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: September 25, 2020, 01:23:18 AM »

Ordered the VC 501st Arc Troopers 3-pack, the Black Series Wampa in vintage packaging, and the Black Series ROTJ Endor set from HasbroPulse.

Since there is no FanExpo Canada this year, more than likely these will show up at EB Games or Toys R Us later on as both companies have sponsored the Hasbrostore exclusives in the past few years.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: September 25, 2020, 05:26:48 AM »

Thanks for your post Ian.  I missed out on the Vintage set.  I have been working hard outside and was sodding yesterday and did not notice these went up for sale.  Hopefully you will be right and I will get another chance at these.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: September 25, 2020, 12:30:15 PM »

I missed out on that 3 pack as well. Hopefully these are released again, even in a different format would be fine.

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 25, 2020, 05:06:52 PM »

I will miss them all since they don't accept paypal

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 25, 2020, 09:22:21 PM »

Not exactly true. BEcause I've tried several purchase configurations before to make sure I wouldn't be stuck at Checkout.

They do accept PayPal, but only for "In Stock" items. For "pre-order" items, probably because they will not charge before the items are in stock and ready to ship, they need you to commit your purchases with a credit card.

So I ordered the 6'' Wampa, a Power Droid and the Clone Troopers 3-pack (all in stock items) and could pay with Paypal. :-)

I just needed help from my friend Wedge (thanks buddy) to have this package shipped to his place because they don't ship to Quebec (damn Bill 101).
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 27, 2020, 11:43:26 AM »

Has anyone ever dealt with Duclos toys?
Placed an order with them about 6 weeks ago for Power droids and haven't heard anything from them.
I called them a couple of times in the past, before I placed my order, to find info about their store and no one ever got back to me.
So, I'm not even sure if i should call to inquire about my order, if they don't respond to simple questions about their product and store than how will they be if I ask about an order?

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 27, 2020, 11:55:17 AM »

Has anyone ever dealt with Duclos toys?
Placed an order with them about 6 weeks ago for Power droids and haven't heard anything from them.
I called them a couple of times in the past, before I placed my order, to find info about their store and no one ever got back to me.
So, I'm not even sure if i should call to inquire about my order, if they don't respond to simple questions about their product and store than how will they be if I ask about an order?

I dealt with him but only during Toy Shows in Montreal. He's a nice guy. But what I suspect is that he's not able to get the Power Droid wave at all. Most retailers have problems getting this wave from Hasbro, and even more the small hobby shops. Most of the small shops got their orders cut drastically.

So yes I would inquire about your pre-order. Ask him directly if he thinks he will ever get his stock. I suspect he's second or third level in the distribution chain (one of my friends gets his stock from Hasbro, then redistributes the stock to small shops like Duclos Toys).

At worse, I suggest you take no chance and order this figure from Amazon.ca. As per last week, it was still available, now in stock starting Oct. 1st. I think Amazon, like Walmart and TRU, maybe have first dibs on Hasbro's stock... or they get their stock thru other channels.

https://www.amazon.ca/Vintage-Collection-Power-Droid-3-75-Inch-Scale/dp/B083ZZQGZC/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=power+droid&qid=1601222004&sr=8-4
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 27, 2020, 11:59:46 AM »

Not exactly true. BEcause I've tried several purchase configurations before to make sure I wouldn't be stuck at Checkout.

They do accept PayPal, but only for "In Stock" items. For "pre-order" items, probably because they will not charge before the items are in stock and ready to ship, they need you to commit your purchases with a credit card.

So I ordered the 6'' Wampa, a Power Droid and the Clone Troopers 3-pack (all in stock items) and could pay with Paypal. :-)

I just needed help from my friend Wedge (thanks buddy) to have this package shipped to his place because they don't ship to Quebec (damn Bill 101).

Strange, aren't all package from Hasbro (at least Star Wars) tri-language. if so, bill 101 isn't the cause, right?

and it's strange that we still can order the Power Droid (1 per case) but Luke (2) and Wolffe (3) are selling for more than 30$ right now

I'm also happy and lucky to being friend of your friend.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 12:07:26 PM by Goldenrod »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173986
  • Total Topics: 14420
  • Online Today: 221
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 194
Total: 195

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 45 queries.