Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2020, 04:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

186 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)  (Read 276450 times)

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)
« Reply #1230 on: November 21, 2020, 10:36:00 AM »

I understand what everyone is saying but I disagree.  I have army built from time to time.  I always buy 2 troopers to start,  if am able to find more down the road I may buy more.  I feel that i should leave more for other collectors especially if its in high demand. Assuming I wanted to buy say 6 incinerator troopers and i walked into walmart and they had six.  I would only buy 2, otherwise I would feel selfish.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 21, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »

Waiting to hear back on my second order, which I placed before the one I received. With 7 figures. Had to contact custoemr service to inquire on this because it makes no sense to me that the initial order was not fulfilled before the second one. They are working on it they say. I just fear there won’t be any stock left once they figure that out... :/

I called customer service to find out the status of my order....and the VC Incinerator Trooper is on backorder....and I know of people who placed their order after me and have already received their figure(s). This is bulls**t.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 21, 2020, 12:28:49 PM »

That is brutal, Ian. Terrible.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 21, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »

Terrible and yet doesn't surprise me at all.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 22, 2020, 07:48:48 AM »

I understand what everyone is saying but I disagree.  I have army built from time to time.  I always buy 2 troopers to start,  if am able to find more down the road I may buy more.  I feel that i should leave more for other collectors especially if its in high demand. Assuming I wanted to buy say 6 incinerator troopers and i walked into walmart and they had six.  I would only buy 2, otherwise I would feel selfish.

Those are honourable feelings, but we can't very well hold people to our own personal moral codes. That will just lead to disappointment over & over, in every aspect of life.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 22, 2020, 08:49:18 AM »

Waiting to hear back on my second order, which I placed before the one I received. With 7 figures. Had to contact custoemr service to inquire on this because it makes no sense to me that the initial order was not fulfilled before the second one. They are working on it they say. I just fear there won’t be any stock left once they figure that out... :/

I called customer service to find out the status of my order....and the VC Incinerator Trooper is on backorder....and I know of people who placed their order after me and have already received their figure(s). This is bulls**t.

Same feeling here. My first order was placed the very few minutes the item was available for pre-order. The second order was placed maybe 20 min later. Then it was pre-order sold out. The fact that my second order was filled before my initial order makes no sense and that’s what I said to C.S. when I reached out to them. Why the Hell are these orders not filled on a first come first served basis?? WTF? The guy told me they would make it up to me, that the figures will be shipped eary this week. I somehow don’t believe him. At all. It’s very frustrating. Now I have to tell one of my friends/brother that he might not get his figure at all. :( :( Way to go Walmart. Another successful exclusive. 😡

The wirse is that I had ordered these figures thru Walmart.com (USA) just moments before and Indecided toncancel my order after I pre-ordered from Walmart Canada. I should have kept it. Now I’m not only frustrated about Walmart, I also feel guilty not to have known better expecting something nice from the worst retailer ever. :(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:54:06 AM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 22, 2020, 09:43:39 AM »

There's no reason orders couldn't be handled first come first serve. It is a very simple logistical consideration. Just like how amazon cancelled my preorder for the beskar Mando, and then a couple months later had stock go up on their website again. I was lucky to have been online and got him. But otherwise I would have missed out while someone else who ordered weeks later got one. I've had other preorders on amazon sit for months before the item came in and I was fine with that. No reason to cancel when an item is still potentially available through wholesale.

Retailers do weird things and I dont know if there will ever be an explanation.

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 22, 2020, 02:52:58 PM »

...if it makes anyone feel better, I'm still desperately awaiting an update on my preordered BS Holiday Snowtrooper from Walmart.  The date of its supposed shipping has already passed and there's no indication of what's going on with it.

I realize that the figures are godawful... but I need it to complete my tacky holiday decorations!

Plus:  it has a porg in a scarf! A SCARF!

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

I know!! That's the only reason I would accept buying this figure! That Porg with its scarf!!!  :tongue0024: But the scarf seems to be painted rather than sculpted, am I wrong?
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

I know!! That's the only reason I would accept buying this figure! That Porg with its scarf!!!  :tongue0024: But the scarf seems to be painted rather than sculpted, am I wrong?

I think you’re right. BUT A PORG WITH A SCARF!

(See, IanToronto? I’m not the only one...)

skywalker1973

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

You're starting to make me wish I'd ordered one, I mean, a Porg with a scarf! You just don't see that every day!
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174362
  • Total Topics: 14423
  • Online Today: 211
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 186
Total: 188

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 45 queries.