Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2018, 07:07:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

12 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 210   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 390728 times)

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #3015 on: August 08, 2018, 04:09:47 PM »

Found an exclusive Hero Series 12" 2-pack at the local TRU: Solo and Chewbacca from the Solo movie - 34.99.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

DroidWorld

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • My joints are frozen up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: August 08, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »

Found an exclusive Hero Series 12" 2-pack at the local TRU: Solo and Chewbacca from the Solo movie - 34.99.

Are they the same height?

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: August 08, 2018, 09:04:09 PM »

Are they the same height?

Good question. I went back to take a further look. Inside the package are 2 lower leg and foot pieces. I assume these will raise Chewbacca to the proper height.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Del Starkiller

• Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: August 09, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »

I saw the 6” Mimban Trooper at TRU today at $37.99.  Is this a TRU Exclusive because the price sure is?  I really don’t see the extra value in this figure.
This is a Walmart exclusive in the US. Historically these are never available in Canada. I picked one up today at my local TRU. I have had to order previous Walmart exclusives from eBay and as such 37.99, although more than I'd like to pay, is probably pretty much what I paid for other exclusives not available in Canada. Gamestop and Walgreens, usually now sold by EBGames in Canada, were also difficult to obtain in the past. I'm just glad there's a retailer carrying them.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: August 09, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »

I saw the 6” Mimban Trooper at TRU today at $37.99.  Is this a TRU Exclusive because the price sure is?  I really don’t see the extra value in this figure.
This is a Walmart exclusive in the US. Historically these are never available in Canada. I picked one up today at my local TRU. I have had to order previous Walmart exclusives from eBay and as such 37.99, although more than I'd like to pay, is probably pretty much what I paid for other exclusives not available in Canada. Gamestop and Walgreens, usually now sold by EBGames in Canada, were also difficult to obtain in the past. I'm just glad there's a retailer carrying them.
Hey Del Starkiller,
Can you private message me which TRU might be selling the mimban 6". I've tried two trus today with no luck.
Much appreciated
Derek

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: August 10, 2018, 09:03:08 AM »

my local TRU just put them out yesterday. had two or three boxes out thou not sure make sure you look at them good. found about 4 that looked like there was glue or something all over the capes on  them. tried to get a pic of them but with the flash it did not come out to well. but it is noticeable.

With Wookie Rage

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: August 10, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »

Today and yesterday, Walmart stores in my area have redone their settings in the toys aisles.

The "Solo" Tie Fighter is now in at 59.97$ (that much for a crapy toy plainly justifies 120$ for a Rogue One Tank, but again I don't want to restart the debate LOL ;) )

They had also the Enfys Nest 12" Shampoo bottle... er... Hero Series at 18$ or so. Way too expensive, but then again it's SW...

They also received their very first shipment of Black Series 6" Solo figures (Ranger Trooper, Han Solo, Lando, DS Trooper, Jawa, etc.) Saw a Tarkin yesterday but today it disappeared. Bought a Qi'ra as well, telling me the next wave was in as well I guess. Obviously, Solo, Lando and the Range Trooper will warm the pegs for a while. Like all 6" figures have been doing in my area, thus telling me most collectors already have what they want thru other sources than normal retail.

Most strangely, I encountered a "vintage" Transformers Devastator Constructicons set (99.97$), along with a first wave of Mini Autobots figures (11.97$). Vintage is back my friends! Hasbro really plays with the nostalgia effect in Collectors! LOL Kids are for toys? No way. Hasbro has acknowledged that their main customers are now grown ups from 16 to 30 yo. And up. And now it shows. Clearly. :)

NOTE: By the way, I can no longer attach any pictures in my posts, nor in my profile (had to use a link). Why is that so? The message I get is as follows:

"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

This is very annoying. Not doing anything different than before. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated... :/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:06:23 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: August 10, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »

Yeah, Walmart has a new line of Vintage G1 Classics.  They include Hot Rod, Devastator and Starscream and the mini Autobots.

I hope they re-do G1 Optimus Prime down the line as that's the one I want to get.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: August 10, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »

NOTE: By the way, I can no longer attach any pictures in my posts, nor in my profile (had to use a link). Why is that so? The message I get is as follows:

"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

This is very annoying. Not doing anything different than before. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated... :/

It is frustrating. When they switched over to the new system we all lost our avatars & the ability to post pics in threads via the normal upload method. For now, the only way I've been able to get avatars to work is by hosting elsewhere & linking - I'm guessing the same might work for pics? Until they get that resolved - we likely have to share links to free photo hosting places... I'm just not sure if any still exist. Imgur was one & the other one was photobucket if I'm not mistaken, not sure if they charge now or not though.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: August 10, 2018, 02:06:01 PM »

It is frustrating. When they switched over to the new system we all lost our avatars & the ability to post pics in threads via the normal upload method. For now, the only way I've been able to get avatars to work is by hosting elsewhere & linking - I'm guessing the same might work for pics? Until they get that resolved - we likely have to share links to free photo hosting places... I'm just not sure if any still exist. Imgur was one & the other one was photobucket if I'm not mistaken, not sure if they charge now or not though.

Oh. I get it. I thought the problem with the avatars was different, but I understand now that the entire board can no longer accept image hosting. This is a little annoying to say the least, but I guess it's part of the game now.

I know Flickr charges now to host pictures. And they apparently keep the right on the pictures as well, a change. Photobucket, not sure. But I think it'll become the norm to charge for picture hosting. Takes a lot of data and these companies have people caught in their web after so many years of free hosting, they know people will be relunctant to change and transfer all their pictures to a new site...  :-\
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: August 10, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »

Yeah, Walmart has a new line of Vintage G1 Classics.  They include Hot Rod, Devastator and Starscream and the mini Autobots.

I hope they re-do G1 Optimus Prime down the line as that's the one I want to get.

I knew about the minibots, but didn't know for the other ones. I'd love to see a re-release of some older Autobots. I'd love to get a fresh Jazz, Trailerbreaker and Mirage. But doubt this will happen. I'm still very tempted to get some neat Third Party versions (Kup, Springer, Repugnus), but I'm forcing myself to think twice before buying those expensive pieces. I already have way too many toys as it is. Star Wars, Classic Space Legos, Micronauts, LJN Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Visionaries, etc. I need to stay focus... which is quite difficult most of the time... :P

Frank Herbert

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: August 10, 2018, 02:21:04 PM »

I hear ya JP. It is very difficult to stay focused. There are so many awesome things coming out.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: August 10, 2018, 03:36:48 PM »

Yeah, I don't want to get into Transformers.  Between G.I.Joe, Marvel Legends and Star Wars, I'm running out of room and money.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: August 10, 2018, 04:40:38 PM »

Yeah, I don't want to get into Transformers.  Between G.I.Joe, Marvel Legends and Star Wars, I'm running out of room and money.

I hear ya JP. It is very difficult to stay focused. There are so many awesome things coming out.

Yep, it's insanely difficult to keep focussed. I do have a few recent Trasnformers figures, mainly for nostalgia. I got the Transformers Power of the Prime Dinobots and Bruticus the year before, gladly all on sale, but feel really bad now because even on sale it's an expense I didn't have to do. I wanted to get Predaking at first, but the size, price and lack of room had me rethink on this useless expense. If they ever do the Seacons, maybe, but then again... maybe not...  :P

Frank Herbert

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: August 10, 2018, 06:04:04 PM »

The only two I would get are G1 Optimus and G1 Soundwave.  Those were the last two Transformers that I had which were still complete with the boxes and stuff and it would be nice to have them again.  I know it will never happen, but a G1 Megatron is something I wouldn't mind either, although, as a kid, I thought it was a horrible looking robot mode.

Just to keep this Star Wars related, one Walmart near me got the first Solo wave of 6" BS figures.  They got lots of Han and Lando's with Rangetroopers.  I have a feeling those will peg warm.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:05:38 PM by Darth Woo »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 210   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2025
  • Latest: rep
Stats
  • Total Posts: 172106
  • Total Topics: 14479
  • Online Today: 28
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 12
Total: 16

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 45 queries.