Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2019, 07:07:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

34 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 406127 times)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #3225 on: April 10, 2019, 06:45:14 PM »

I remember back in 1997, when the TRU Exclusive G.I.Joe Thunderbolt first showed up in Canada, it was like $69.99 which was ridiculous cause it was $29.99US.

I ended up waiting and sure enough, a few weeks later, the price dropped to $49.99 which was the price I was expecting it to be in the first place based on the exchange rate TRU used back then. 

If it was only TRU selling Grevious for $69.99, I would have thought that was the same thing that might have happened, but now it's being reported that other retailers are selling at that price too, then maybe it seems like that is the intended price.  I guess I should grab him at EBGames if I see him for $40 before they decide to raise the price.

However, I think EB was selling hovertanks for $200 when it first came out where other places were selling for $120.  Maybe they got hosed on the pricing for the Hovertanks and this is their way of hitting back at the other retailers...haha.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: April 11, 2019, 11:53:19 PM »

I have two EB's in my town and between them they only got one Grievous (or so they say).  I grabbed him, I'm a big fan of Revenge of the Sith and I just finished the comic Age of Republic General Grievous so I was a little pumped to find him.
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: April 16, 2019, 01:31:49 PM »

*tumbleweeds*

Sorry folks, no exciting news to report... is it just me, or is the only place to find new figures online these days?  I mean, not including EB's random exclusives.  I think the last 'new' discovery for me was the second wave of the Galaxy of Adventures figures (oooh, ahhhh!).

I have seen neither hide nor hair of the Yakface TVC wave in stores...  dark times, my friends, dark times!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: April 16, 2019, 02:08:19 PM »

*tumbleweeds*

Sorry folks, no exciting news to report... is it just me, or is the only place to find new figures online these days?  I mean, not including EB's random exclusives.  I think the last 'new' discovery for me was the second wave of the Galaxy of Adventures figures (oooh, ahhhh!).

I have seen neither hide nor hair of the Yakface TVC wave in stores...  dark times, my friends, dark times!

I haven't bought a new wave of Star Wars figures at retail in years, other than whatever exclusives show up.
Just the odd extra single here and there, or a couple gems founds on clearance.
Buying cases online may not always be the cheapest option, but it's saved me hours of hunting time, gas, and worry, just to end up having to buy inflated ebay prices for some figures anyways. Not to mention saving me from making all sorts of "impulse" buys while out hunting, haha!

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: April 16, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »

with you there. I have seen nothing new in Walmart or tru. still have not seen last 2 waves of Black Series figures instore. just the same old stuff. Last thing I saw new was the resistance wave figures and the archive wave 1 at local Walmart. other then that not a thing.
With Wookie Rage

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: April 16, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »

with you there. I have seen nothing new in Walmart or tru. still have not seen last 2 waves of Black Series figures instore. just the same old stuff. Last thing I saw new was the resistance wave figures and the archive wave 1 at local Walmart. other then that not a thing.

Order...
on...
line.

The last wave was ok (dryden vos is actually the best figure in the bunch), but the wave before was amazing.  Every figure was crazy top-notch - Rio Durant being my favourite.

The one great thing about North American packaging (and not USA vs Mexico/Canada like in years past) is that the product can make it's was from the US to smaller Canadian vendors.  I highly suggest supporting them.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: April 16, 2019, 05:47:51 PM »

Saw a few Grievous today, first hand. $39.99 at EB games is a great deal for this figure in my opinion, as it was for the Gamorrean.

bobafett108

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Canadian Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: April 16, 2019, 07:27:59 PM »

agred jjreason. it is totally worth the 40. thou I still don't know why toyrus selling it for 70. not worth 70
With Wookie Rage

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: April 17, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »

I saw a review of Grevious and it mentioned he had some loose joints. When I cruised by the Hasbro booth at Celebration I had to laugh because Grevious had fallen over from a weak ankle joint.

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: April 19, 2019, 09:23:24 AM »

*tumbleweeds*

I'm actually trying to find GoA Wave 2 - want that Solo..

Ookk

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: April 19, 2019, 09:41:26 AM »

*tumbleweeds*

I'm actually trying to find GoA Wave 2 - want that Solo..

I’ll check for him next time I’m out and about! If I find him, I’ll pick him
up and will message you.

Mongo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I Am The One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: April 20, 2019, 01:08:36 AM »

All I have fiund lately are the Resistance figures at Walmarts. Pretty depressing. :sign0065:
A friend once asked me, "Why does a movie have such a grip on my life?" I am waiting for a good answer still.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: April 20, 2019, 08:29:11 AM »

Yeah this is probably the driest spell since I started back up in 1995. I went into TRU the other day for the first time in weeks. And I didn't even know why I was going other than by habit because I happened to be going by and had time. I don't remember the last time I went into a TRU and didn't have a hope of finding something. They've basically stopped getting black series or vintage.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: April 20, 2019, 09:16:37 AM »

Hasbro Star Wars has been pretty much dead between movie releases for the past 2-3 years.

Toys'R'Us pegs in Quebec are stilled filled with Black Series 6'' figure that simply don't sell even when reduced to 14$. They didn't receive any of the TVC figures past wave 1 (the Snoke wave), they didn't get any Resistance figures and have just received wave 1 of the Galaxy of Adventures horrible figures. They just got the 6'' Grievous at 70$, which I doubt will ever sell at that ridiculous price point.

Walmart has the Resistance figures line, barely no 6" figures (they learned the hard way this line performs miserably at retail) and had no new TVC since the Aphra wave in very low quantity.

What I suspect is that Hasbro Canada is facing a very (VERY) low interest from Walmart and TRU for the SW line. They have probably not imported enough product, but stores don't complain because of the lack of prior sales.

What I can tell you is that the TVC YakFace has been stocked at Hasbro Canada since mid January. I know because I received my lot thru Kaia Boutique in Quebec at that time.

Yes, you read me: the YakFace wave has been in Canada, but my guess now is that it's completely dried and there are none left. My guts feeling is that you will not see these ever in Toys'R'US. And probably not at Walmart either. Not at this point in time. If you want these figures, I think you will need to rely on other means than just sitting waiting for Walmart to carry them...

Seeing how the pegs are constantly refilled for other Hasbro toys lines like Transformers and Marvel Superheroes, and that Star Wars shelf space has been drastically reduced, it wouldn't surprise me that WM and TRU are just waiting for Episode 9 in October to fill in their pegs. I think they view Star Wars as a dead end right now...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:22:41 AM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: April 20, 2019, 09:20:00 AM »

Where would they all have gone? It's hard for me to imagine Kaia Boutique in Quebec selling through Canada's entire allotment of TVC figures from the Yak Face wave. Maybe I'm naïve.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173110
  • Total Topics: 14520
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 34
Total: 35

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 45 queries.