Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2019, 08:10:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

30 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 406146 times)

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #3240 on: April 20, 2019, 09:31:00 AM »

Where would they all have gone? It's hard for me to imagine Kaia Boutique in Quebec selling through Canada's entire allotment of TVC figures from the Yak Face wave. Maybe I'm naïve.

Kaia will not sell these as exclusives, they just bought their allocations back in January when Hasbro Canada got their share. Strangely, no other retailers seem to have bought their share.

I think Hasbro Canada just imported a few of these. My guess is that they probably got in the same numbers as the WM exclusive Rey Island Journey from last year (then re-attributed to Kaia Boutique as an exclusive because Walmart declined wanting to carry it). If that's the case, you're looking at no more than 1 case per 2 or 3 Walmart stores in Canada. The kinda of stuff where you wish you stop blinking else you could miss it...  :-\

I could be wrong, I hope I am, but my guts feeling tells me there's a lot of stuff we won't see in Canada. Ever. We're back in the early days of the POTF2 line when we had to rely on US friends and eBay to get most of our stuff past the initial waves of figures.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:32:38 AM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: April 20, 2019, 09:43:04 AM »

I was of the understanding the informal street date for that wave was April 1st, to coincide closely with Barge deliveries & the exclusive Skiff Lando (US Walmart) - I've only had one US friend a report of finding any of these at retail so far (Cleveland, Ohio area). Since they haven't hit big down there yet, I'm still hoping against hope that WalMart, EB & TRU will all see this wave, at least in limited amounts. With EPIX stuff due in October, it's very possible the big retailers have blown their 2019 Star Wars budgets on preordering too much of that stuff & that we'll miss it.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: April 20, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »

I know in the past, if Hasbro Canada brought a wave in, it eventually showed up at regular retail. No matter what. Even if it meant skipping straight to winners at clearance prices. HasCan would only bring waves in at certain minimum quantities, or they would skip the wave entirely. Don't know if that's the case anymore, but you'd think if they brought some in, it was with the expectation TRU and/or walmart was going to carry them. In which case, that stock has to go somewhere, and I can't imagine that much stock would blow through smaller retailers. But who knows, we don't know the quantity that Hasbro Canada brings in these days.

I wonder if the language of the packaging has affected the amounts that HasCan imports now too. Back in the day when Hasbro did english only packaging for the US and we had to have separate special bilingual packaging to sell in Canada, it would only be worthwhile for HasCan to import a pretty high volume due to the expense. I know some waves were never in multilingual packaging and got skipped entirely in Canada. Now all packaging is multilingual, so they can just bring in a smaller amount. Now there's less demand at retail, so they just bring in a really small amount. And they may not even bring in enough to stock every location, only enough to restock the stores that are low. Which these days is not very many since stock is not moving at retail.

In the past we missed a lot of stuff, but at least it followed a pattern and was relatively predictable (First wave gluts, last wave syndrome, target exclusives showing up at zellers, if tru missed a wave, usually zellers or walmart would get it, and vice versa...). Right now there's a huge glut the likes of which we've not seen since Episode I, and we can't count on anything coming to retail anymore.

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: April 25, 2019, 11:47:38 AM »

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-general-grievous-figure/6000199229124

Walmart has General Grievous for sale for $39.97. Just in case you've missed him.

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: April 25, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »

speaking of walmart, i just tried to admatch a black series figure with walmart (online) and they said they cant admatch cause amazon doesnt have a retail store. ?? is that new or was that always that way. ive never actually tried ad matching online before.

i read from google u cant admatch in the stores (walmart) anymore but im not going to say its true cause the internet told me so.

seems a bit off to me. its amazon online and walmart online. are they just getting worse about it ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:16:56 PM by bob »

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: April 26, 2019, 10:03:07 AM »

They dont even admatch their own website anymore.

KaleDayspring

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: April 26, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »

They dont even admatch their own website anymore.

I had a 20 minute discussion with my local store and then on the phone with the head office. I was told that "Web inventory is not tied to store inventory. If something is on sale on the website, it is the same as in-store pricing".

In-store is where a store can change the price on something to reduce their inventory, but that reduction is not Walmart wide, just for that store. That's why if something is marked down in Walmart A, you should not expect it to be marked down at Walmart B. If it is, they don't have to be the same reduction

If it is a company wide reduction, then the prices can be adjusted.

They adjusted the prices only on things that were in stock on-line and only 1 of each item. But the adjustment was done for "customer appeasement" rather than customer satisfaction.

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: April 26, 2019, 12:43:43 PM »

Interesting. 

I've noticed Walmart.ca pricing being a little more "Amazon-like" since around Christmas.  I've never seen it spike above MSRP like Amazon, but I have seen items go lower without said items being labelled with "rollback" or "clearance".

This seems to help explain why.

Thanks for the info!   

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: April 27, 2019, 04:51:40 AM »

thanks for the comments guys. im still unclear but chances are they are getting worse.

it just seems silly to me. amazon doesnt have a retail store so we cant. meanwhile the comments im reading is store inventory isnt tied to online inventory. so to me online amazon, online walmart u think would compete with eachother. i did try to do it after i ordered and not before. maybe thats why. they got the sale so they dont care. 

i get the impression if i did it before they might say ''ok no problem''

sounds like they are getting tighter for sure anyway. screw em!

ya, i noticed around x mas too the pricing goes like amazon. if it doesnt sell it goes lower..they sell one item it goes back up to regular price or whatever. thats kind of good though, u can just wait for it to drop and order.

thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 04:54:22 AM by bob »

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: April 27, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »

They just dont match online anymore. Before, i could match Toysrus.ca price but now, they wont even do that. Maybe they'll match a print ad but i havent tried.

DroidWorld

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • My joints are frozen up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: April 27, 2019, 03:35:38 PM »

There is an app, Flipp. It has most flyers and coupons. A guy at Superstore recommended it when I was price matching something there.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: April 27, 2019, 07:22:43 PM »

No i meant they expected me to brong the physical ad. They also wouldnt match it unless it was exactly the same one, so if TRU said all BS figures on sale, but had a picture of Rey, they wouldnt price match another character  they just dont seem to want to price match any action figure stuff.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: May 16, 2019, 03:30:34 PM »

guys, both Target exclusives hitting TRU. The black series Luke/stormtrooper and the vintage collection Han/stormtrooper.

Hoping we get the boardgame/tarkin next !

DarthMark

• Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: May 16, 2019, 06:06:47 PM »

OH! Do you know when it'll be available (TVC Han)??

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: May 16, 2019, 06:17:48 PM »

And is it hitting tru now?
And what about a SCU # ?
Regarding TVC Han
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173110
  • Total Topics: 14520
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 30
Total: 31

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 45 queries.