Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2021, 05:12:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

84 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 233   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 668723 times)

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #3435 on: November 07, 2020, 06:07:12 PM »

Have the vintage collection 3.75 inch now 24.97 each? Whoa!!

Online prices have gone back down. Some are thinking it's actually for the Carbonized collection and Walmart just screwed up pricing the regular TVC. Either way, still an insane price.

:fett:

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: November 07, 2020, 06:40:28 PM »

Store tags have all been reset, again, to $17.97 at both stores in my city.

66jedikiller66

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: November 08, 2020, 01:30:07 PM »

Just wish the 2 Walmarts in my city would stock the new Hondo wave because they haven't hit here yet!
found them at toysrus once, now when I call with the sku to toysrus they say that sku is no longer active and discontinued.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: November 10, 2020, 10:47:30 AM »

Found 4 Holiday Edition Range Troopers at the local TRU - 36.99 and SKU is 500235.

After bringing in cases of single ESB 40th wave 2 BS figures although I never saw a case of just Snowspeeder Lukes, they put out a regular case with all 5 figures. Each figure has a different SKU:

505293 R2-D2
505296 Hoth Rebel Soldier
505304 Tie Pilot
505307 Snowspeeder Luke
505310 Lando.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: November 23, 2020, 11:56:09 AM »

I just received delivery of my TVC Incinerator Troopers from my Walmart pre-order. So they should be showing up in stores pretty soon - if they're showing up at all. They shipped them in a box that was way too small, luckily the cards were mostly just curled so I should be able to salvage 1 mint to be my MOC copy.

neospike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: November 23, 2020, 07:16:02 PM »

Online prices have gone back down. Some are thinking it's actually for the Carbonized collection and Walmart just screwed up pricing the regular TVC. Either way, still an insane price.

Do we know if the carbonized is actually coming out here?

Mandalore1988

• Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: November 23, 2020, 07:55:10 PM »

Do we know if the carbonized is actually coming out here?

Not sure actually. Haven't seen any new tags on the shelves.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: November 24, 2020, 07:09:28 AM »

I just received delivery of my TVC Incinerator Troopers from my Walmart pre-order. So they should be showing up in stores pretty soon - if they're showing up at all. They shipped them in a box that was way too small, luckily the cards were mostly just curled so I should be able to salvage 1 mint to be my MOC copy.

Same here. The first shipment for 3 figures was WAY TOO large and had no packing at all, resulting in damaged cardbacks. I was expecting that my second shipment containing 8 figures would be shipped in a larger box. Well, I should have known better: it's Walmart after all. They crammed all the figures they could in a much too small box, bending most of the cardbacks doing so, squeezing as much as they could to fit all these in there. Again no packing at all, but hey, they didn't really any, nothing was gonna move in there for sure!

I managed to carefully remove the figures from the too tight box without damaging them any further. Some were obviously already creased, but I could salvage a few that looked mint enough so my three friends and myself could get each at least 1 decent MOC figure and 1 or 2 extra figures to open...

Damn Walmart.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:13:24 AM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: November 24, 2020, 07:16:41 AM »

I just received delivery of my TVC Incinerator Troopers from my Walmart pre-order. So they should be showing up in stores pretty soon - if they're showing up at all.

I honestly have a very bad feeling about this. I don't think we'll ever see these on the pegs. From what I understandafter discussing with their Customer Service (ok, I admit it may not be the best source of info), the figures were already pre-sold out and some pre-orders are even on back order. With maybe no stock coming at all.

From the look of it, a lot of the production has been sent to Australia, UK, Europe before heading to the US and Canada. It may be a first, at least in this vast quantity. And it seems the same is happening to the Walmart Exclusive Beskar Mando + Child set. The hell, even my brother living in Germany, whioch is usually a desert dry of any new Star Wars figures, managed to find this eclusive Mando this week!

So... I still have a bad feeling about this. I think the US market will go way beore us to grab whatever's left. And we will get only the last few crumbs... if any. :(

BTW, I HOPE I'M WRONG. Like... most of the time I think? Anyway...  :tongue0024:
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: November 24, 2020, 09:36:07 AM »

I sure hope you’re wrong Patrick, but with one month left until Christmas and no sign of the VC Wal-Mart exclusives in stores, I fear you’re not. As it is right now, the local Wal-Mart has two empty pegs for the Vintage Collection, and it’s been that way since the Clone Wars repack wave came and went. That set of the Mandalorian with the Child would be such a hot seller for Christmas. I can’t understand why they wouldn’t make enough to meet the demand.

neospike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: November 24, 2020, 11:27:47 AM »

Wal-Mart sucks.

Do you honestly believe that even if the stores actually got a few in stock, you would have a chance to get them?  The scalpers that work in the store will snatch them up.

Look at today for instance, the Brampton Wal-Mart said that they got 6 TBS Mandalorian Loyalists in stock, I went there early, and I couldn't find them anywhere.  Now I get home, and it still says it has stock until about 10 minutes ago, all gone.  There were no boxes on the floor that needed to be unpacked, no one in the area working, so where did they magically go?

Another example, I was at this same store on Sept 27 when they had a case of the Beskar Mando wave. No one would go in the back to help me locate. Went home and saw stock track still said the full case was there. After closing that night, about midnight, the count went down to 3. Went back at opening the next morning and sure enough Ackbar, Teebo, and Luke Snowspeeder were the only three on the shelf.

And another example, I went to the Stockyards Walmart last Saturday around noon. They had just received 2 cases of Ahsoka on Friday night, and stock track still showed they were fully there. Got one employee to confirm there was 12 on hand. He went in the back to locate, but came out saying there is one huge skid but he was not allowed to unwrap and go through the contents. As he said, 'it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.' Well, I went home, and about 2 hours later, sure enough, stock track dropped from 12 to 0. Guess it wasn't that difficult to find it.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: November 24, 2020, 05:07:40 PM »

On a rare occasion I was actually out and about today and hit a couple walmarts. All I found was a sea of virtually empty pegs where all the stuff I want should be hanging. Nevermind the exclusives, they cant even stock regular stuff. I saw 2 empty pegs for each of the following:
SW black series
Vintage collection
GI Joe retro
GI Joe classified (one store had these tagged at $15, wtf?)
MOTU (whatever their retro line is).

All I found were a couple dagobah luke and hoth leia 40th 6". Oh and a few of those goofy 5" cartoony looking things on 3 seperate pegs. And the new line of little figures with vehicles, which they oddly put in a different section in the toy dept.

Crazy though, 10 empty pegs a month before christmas. I'd get it if they were this years tickle me Elmo, but it's a bunch of stuff that isn't exactly trending with kids. Maybe that's the issue. But that's a good ten square feet of empty space in the toy aisle.

Over the last several months I have found at walmart the one vintage power droid wave once, one CW anakin and maul. No black series, no gi Joe's except some classified once (at the same time as the power droid wave). Everything else I've gotten online (or at TRU on a couple occasions, but mostly online).

Things are pretty sparse.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: November 25, 2020, 07:00:58 AM »

Things are pretty sparse.

They sure are, and the Covid lockdowns are only pushing people more & more toward shopping online. Very soon brick & mortar businesses are going to be vestiges of the past.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: November 26, 2020, 03:48:26 PM »

Just found the entire wave of BS figures with the Incinerator Stormtrooper, Armorer and Cad Bane at TRU.  Those were the 3 I picked up only since I don't collect Phase 1 Clones and I have the 3 Endor figures coming from Hasbropulse box set.

B/S/T list:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23390.0

BS 6" First Order Tie Fighter for sale.  See B/S/T thread.

darthric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: November 27, 2020, 08:16:56 AM »

Is it me or there are no deals on star wars products ?! Also where are the Toysrus discount - 20%, -25% 1 week on 4 or 5 ?

:snowtroopers:
#FightForTVC

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try !
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 233   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174692
  • Total Topics: 14433
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 84
Total: 84

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 44 queries.