Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2020, 03:42:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

201 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vintage line in Canada...  (Read 13105 times)

eatboots

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage line in Canada...
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2011, 12:50:19 AM »

I've noticed any new Marvel Universe figure I come across is on a U.S card back, so it looks like Hasbro has given up on Canadian cards across the board.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 03:10:49 PM »

So i have a reliable source who asked a Hasbro rep for me why we weren't getting waves 5 and 6 in Canada.  The response was, they are coming to Canada, but not till Sept.

:u:

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »

So i have a reliable source who asked a Hasbro rep for me why we weren't getting waves 5 and 6 in Canada.  The response was, they are coming to Canada, but not till Sept.

Yes in the states they call them Wave 7 and 8 but here in Canada we call them Wave 5 and 6! :P
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »

That is great news. So if waves 5 and 6 are suppose to show up in Sept. That leaves a pretty huge gap in the year. Which could mean we might not be seeing new stuff during that time, or lots of wave 4. Still, it is good news to know that Hasbro Canada is continuing the Vintage line in Canada.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »

or they ship 7 and 8 on schedule and then backtrack with 4 cases of wave 5 and two of wave 6. :mad0218:

LordBaylin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »

You might want to look a little deeper into this, are you sure they are not talking about wave 5 and 6 2011? In the states they are already on wave 2 of 2011 which includes the Luke Dagobah landing and Lando General. Wave 1 in the States contained Luke and Han from a New Hope and Commander Gree, amongst others. This wave 1 has been constantly referred to as wave 5 but the cases it ships in say wave 1 2011. It is listed this way on Big Bad Toy store's site and yes I have seen a case in the wilds in Michigan.
Don't get me wrong, I believe you, but your source might be a little off.
But then again I don't claim to know everything.
So if I am wrong, sorry, but it just seems a little out of whack with what is happening, if we get those waves in September then we will have skipped 3 2011 waves 2 of which can be found in the States already.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »

I should learn more in the next few days. I'll let you know. It could be... but I wouldn't bet on it. It happened in the past that waves were delayed by more than 4-6 months (during the Legacy era, the last few waves with Ki-Adi Mundi, Agen Kolar, etc.) If I were you, I would still take any escape boat you can find to get your hands on the next few waves. Here, I'm done with wave 5 and wave 6, patiently waiting for wave 7 to hit ground. :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

LordBaylin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 01:07:10 AM »

I agree, we have missed many waves in Canada over the past 16 years, but it's usually whatever ships during Nov/Dec in the States. In the past few years these waves traditionally come out after Xmas just before Spring. Like the Return of the ROTJ and AOTC waves have this year. I'm good on finding stuff I live in a border city, still looking for Lando General and Fi Ek Sirch from wave 2 I mean wave 8, confusing huh?
Lets us all know if you find out more, we all want to buy Star Wars figures.
DID YOU HEAR US HASBRO!

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »

Friend was at a vendor show and I posed this question to them via txt.  "How come we aren't getting waves 5 and 6 of the Vintage colletion in Canada?  Also, are we going to miss any waves of the CW collection?"

The response txt was, "We are, but not till Sept."

So either they are going to be shipped out of order, or the rep misunderstood and thought it meant 2011, not 2010.  But that would be a lot of waves from July to Sept.

Regardless, I'm not going to panic just yet.  I've found that these things turn up in my life one way or the other at reasonable prices.  It's just a matter of waiting.

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »

Friend was at a vendor show and I posed this question to them via txt.  "How come we aren't getting waves 5 and 6 of the Vintage colletion in Canada?  Also, are we going to miss any waves of the CW collection?"

The response txt was, "We are, but not till Sept."

So either they are going to be shipped out of order, or the rep misunderstood and thought it meant 2011, not 2010.  But that would be a lot of waves from July to Sept.

Regardless, I'm not going to panic just yet.  I've found that these things turn up in my life one way or the other at reasonable prices.  It's just a matter of waiting.

missed waves of the clone wars is poor distribution from HASBRO and RETAIL...mainly WALFART / TRU!!!!

KEEP US POSTED PLEASE /THXS

FETT1

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 11:34:19 PM »

Yeah... I've pretty much given up worrying about missing waves and figures... eventually they will come out again either at a later date or on different card. I will say it has cut back on the amount of enjoyment I'm getting from the hobby though and has made me contemplate the point at which I stop entirely.

I don't understand why case assortments and figure distribution can't be different for Canada (and other international locations) when the dropped/missing wave trend has been the same for the past several years I've been collecting. Condense the number of waves and drop some of the repeat figures in favour of the ones that are new.

I know there's the "we have to balance the production to make new figures cost effective by re-releasing exitsting figures" but in reality if you already have the production going on new molds for the US you might as well pump out out a few hundred thousand more and make some money back rather than not sell them at all.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »

...if you already have the production going on new molds for the US you might as well pump out out a few hundred thousand more and make some money back rather than not sell them at all.

Exactly. I would think it's kind of hard to get a decent return on investment when you've flooded the market with the same stuff, and the only way to get rid of it is to clearance them out. It would also kill orders of new stuff, creating an even worse return for those molds. Seems like a never-ending cycle to me.

Simon_Belmondo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »

I will say it has cut back on the amount of enjoyment I'm getting from the hobby though and has made me contemplate the point at which I stop entirely.

I know the feeling. I felt this really after the Episode 1 movie stuff, and stopped buying one figure/ vehicle of everything because it was a headache to hunt them down from far away places. So then on with SW Saga I only bought what I liked, but then I became tired of feeling confronted to having to upgrade a character each time a newer version was realeased. So I decided to ignore the newer versions and stick with my old figures, except if it was a character that was never released before but then I grew tired really fast of my loose figure or packages looking so different. So I decided to go back to collecting real vintage packaged stuff because I wouldn't have this dilemma. I can understand someone who is collecting the newer figures as Hasbro has come from very far, but unfortunately for me, I have seen enough of newer SW stuff action ( okay except for those new vintage figures that I bought only to get my vintage rocket firing Boba Fett figures  :fett: ! )

eifwen2009

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:45 AM »

Yeah... I've pretty much given up worrying about missing waves and figures... eventually they will come out again either at a later date or on different card.

I just collect the vintage cards, I wouldn't want to see them re-released on another card. To me that would be pointless. I just want to get that in there in case someone from Hasbro is actually reading this. Thanks snowtroppers.
"Basca"

Steve@Legends

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Everybody is entitled to MY opinion !
    • View Profile
    • Legends Action Figures
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »

Hey guys,

If any of you haven't pre-ordered wave 6 and have interest for it.
Our shipment is coming in this week, we have about 22 cases/set left that aren't spoken for, so if you were planning on getting it from us.
i suggest you don't wait too long to put in your order. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174016
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 231
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 201
Total: 205

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 45 queries.