Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2020, 02:59:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

188 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessories  (Read 1681 times)

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
Accessories
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:32:09 AM »

Anyone ever wondered why ROTS Senator Aak Ask comes with the same motar gun that Bossk does?  On one side you have a ruthless wookie-killing bounty hunter, and on the other you have a 3-eyed senator...does he really need to be armed to the teeth...even to caucus meetings?  Couldn't we give him a staff a l Rep Been or a stick l Mothma, Madine or Ackbar...

The thought is humerous to me.  I thought I'd share.

Why my thoughts are dwelling on this topic this morning, I have no idea...
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »

Haha, I actually never thought that much about it. But it doesn't really make sense why they gave him such a gun. But who knows, maybe that is how they roll on Malastare?
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 05:16:11 PM »

I thought a similar thing when I first picked that figure up: "why does a senator need an oversized assault weapon?" I'm guessing Hasbro added it to give him a little more selling attraction for the kiddies, but I guess the argument could be made that being a Separatist senator, he would "naturally" be packing some major heat with which to intimidate all those wimpy pro-republic supporters. You're right, it would have been less silly to give him a staff or some other symbol of office. Meena Tills, the next senator figure in that line, is outfitted with just a hand blaster, but that still seems out of place. I'm pretty sure the Senate Guards would have something to say if these guys showed up for a meeting carrying that kind of weaponry.

richd

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ain't no stinkin' llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:11:36 AM »

Maybe their maxim is "Walk softly and carry a huge freakin' blaster cannon?"  :fighting0072:

Simon_Belmondo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »

Maybe that everyone has the right to carry a gun as means of self defense in the Old Republic? I figure there could be some sort of universal law in the Galactic systems that would allow per instance Bounty Hunters to parade with their arsenal in open public.

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »

"Walk softly and carry a huge freakin' blaster cannon?" makes sense.  It would also apply to POTF Momaw Nadon...you know, that quiet, calm, peace-loving Ithorian bar patron that carried a hand cannon that was bigger than he was...and that no other figure could even consider holding up.  Yeah.  Ahh the good old days of ''accessories that made no sense whatsoever''...

For more on ''accessories that made no sense whatsoever'', please see POTF Han Solo with Smuggler flight pack, SOTE Prince Xizor with weird blue shield / claw thing, R5-D4 that shot a proton torpedo out of his head, and...so many to choose from...help me out here snowtroopers!
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

richd

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ain't no stinkin' llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »

The Crowd-Control stormtrooper never really made sense to me. lol

I'm not entirely sure why AT-RT drivers need such huge blaster rifles since they basically ride on a Cannon with legs.

And Admiral Ackbar's gigantic wrist laser looks so heavy I'm surprised he could lift it.

leebo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »

It would also apply to POTF Momaw Nadon...you know, that quiet, calm, peace-loving Ithorian bar patron that carried a hand cannon that was bigger than he was...and that no other figure could even consider holding up. 

For more on ''accessories that made no sense whatsoever'', please see POTF Han Solo with Smuggler flight pack, SOTE Prince Xizor with weird blue shield / claw thing, R5-D4 that shot a proton torpedo out of his head, and...so many to choose from...help me out here snowtroopers!

All great examples! Even the POTF tie fighter pilot had a huge gun, makes you wonder what this guy had to be afraid of in his own cockpit!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174015
  • Total Topics: 14416
  • Online Today: 231
  • Online Ever: 755
  • (January 23, 2020, 04:54:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 188
Total: 189

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 45 queries.