Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2019, 09:21:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

16 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: next wave TVC 2012  (Read 2832 times)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
next wave TVC 2012
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »

sandtroopers is posting these images of the next wave!

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20120111/index.html

Bo Shrek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: next wave TVC 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:14:14 PM »

I am so happy to say.....PASS... on everyone of those!! Colonel Cracken!! Thatís stretching it in my books!!!  :indifferent0020:

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:21:04 PM »

I think the only ones i may get are Luke and Lando and maybe Leia but i dont have any of the other sandstorm ones

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »

I'm getting them all. At this point for me I'm actually happy to get background characters though the card art is a bit strange. Figure I'll get used to it though.

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »

I don't know why Hasbro didn't use screen grabs from the blu-rays' deleted scenes.

I've never been one for the character "breaking the fourth wall" in the picture, but these are probably the worst vintage cardbacks ever.
http://www.rebelscum.com/ - Star Wars Collecting

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:10 PM »

I,ll be getting them all. Possibly 2 of each, since I'm getting the vintage stuff carded, and loose if new enough.
Luke and leia don't look like they add anything new to the loose collection except overly poofy soft goods. Lando, I don't know, is this a new figure, or just an oldie with poofy soft goods? And the likes of General Cracken, I never knew I wanted one until i saw him. Background guys like him are the hilites of collecting these days. New figures to help fill out the collection. :)

The card backs look kinda funny though on lando and leia in particular. Look kinda like the old 80s hockey cards when a player got traded and they air-brushed his uniform into the new team! They may look really odd hanging next to the rest.

Overall I'd say the wave is great on paper, but the execution seems to leave a little to be desired. Good enough for me to pick them up I think, especially since I doubt we'll see sandstorm versions of these characters again for a long time, but not as excited as I thought I'd be about this wave.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:54:51 PM by Darth Cujo »

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »

I don't know why Hasbro didn't use screen grabs from the blu-rays' deleted scenes.

I've never been one for the character "breaking the fourth wall" in the picture, but these are probably the worst vintage cardbacks ever.

After seeing the Blu-ray delted scenes theyre of poor quality. and thats not just frmo being on blu. I think it could be that tehy had to take that route due to not having the correct resolution to make proper pictures for cardback printing.

I also think that Lando for those that were wondering is an all new figure hiding under the robes there. I seem to recall someone having advanced pictures of him (at least the protype) from one of the custom photo dios, that the Star Wars site posts. And the luke would add a brand new Jabbas Palace luke omitting the cape. so maybe  new rancor fight luke.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »

Meh, those sandstorm figures just don't do anything for me. I am not familiar with Colonel Cracken, is he in the movie at all?
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »

No, apparently his scene was cut from the released version but he was filmed at some point.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »

As a collector I don't mind all these oddball figures from deleted scenes coming out in one wave but I'm not so sure Hasbro thought it through in terms of their supposedly bigger market of kids and parents. Then again, there is a Luke, a Leia and, um, a Lando in the wave so by name alone they should be recognized by kids and parents. But yeah, maybe they should have peppered them through the next 5 waves or something.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »

I would agree with that. The other Sandstorm figures were spread out if I recall correctly.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

I would agree with that. The other Sandstorm figures were spread out if I recall correctly.

The others were all together as well, in the 1st wave of Legacy in 2008 no less (BD-01 thru BD-03). Although not as bad as Yarna (also from that wave) this did hang on the pegs for quite a while in some places. At least this time around they're not in the first wave of the year, so Hasbro will probably be doing a smaller production run of that wave.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:44:17 PM by Wedge1021 »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »

I guess I didn't recall correctly - for some reason I thought Luke came later. Now that you mention Yarna though, I do recall having some trouble finding Chewie from that wave.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »

They sure beat any of the TPM wave... at least I'll be picking up a few of these.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173261
  • Total Topics: 14526
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 16
Total: 17

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 46 queries.