Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 02:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

41 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vintage Cards Re-Done vs. Not Re-Done in the Modern Era  (Read 5887 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Cards Re-Done vs. Not Re-Done in the Modern Era
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2019, 06:25:51 PM »

So far I've managed to get my hands on new Klaatu Skiff & Yak Face, thanks to a US friend in Cleveland. Really hoping against hope we'll get a chance to get the rest of these into our collections without so much friction, but..... that hope is fading. I've started pricing out Jabba's sets on ebay & it's really ugly.  :fighting0003:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 09:31:25 AM »

R2 can come off the anh list (reminder for me to deal with that when I get home,). Painfully, the death star Gunner card is a rogue one pic.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 04:11:37 PM »

Yeah the imperial gunner not being on an OT card is disappointing. A good example of how current hasbro is a bit out of touch with what fans would want in the vintage collection. Listening to derryl depriests interview he indicated the original intent of the VC was to bring out modern versions of all the original Kenner figures. Hasbro STILL hasn't gotten there yet. 

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2019, 08:42:50 AM »

Found a Jawa this morning which brings my own personal collection of re-made vintage cards up to a cool 60/60.  :party0007: :party0053: :character0005: :rockon: :u: :)`

Although I am a questioning my sanity a little bit - the $20 for this figure seemed very expensive for what I got.... I haven't really questioned too many of these purchases since the inception of the vintage carded figures, but this one did get me thinking.  :crazy:

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2019, 10:45:30 AM »

Yeah, some of the costing sucks on these things. It does hurt for sure.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2019, 12:45:43 PM »

I picked up a jawa today. All they had from that case was two jawas.  I had found a couple recently but neither had a perfect card and bubble. So I'm upgrading.

I agree $20 is nutso for what you get, not only the jawa but any of the vintage collection. But I'm buying a lot fewer now than I used to so I can still justify the cost.

Ironically I find myself wishing they used a smaller jawa and a smaller bubble. I'm not opening this jawa anyway (is anyone?) and the ridiculously massive bubble really takes away from the great classic image on the card.

So with the jawa and the recent chewie and R2, what are we missing on a Star Wars card from the original 12. I don't think we've gotten a proper stomtrooper or C-3PO.

Stomtrooper has been on ESB, ROTJ, Revenge and Rogue One cards but I don't think he's been done on a SW card.  :confused0024:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »

Stomtrooper has been on ESB, ROTJ, Revenge and Rogue One cards but I don't think he's been done on a SW card.  :confused0024:

I think you're right - even the old VOTC one was on ROTJ card, so can't even count that one.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 04:57:14 PM »

I agree with everything Darth Cujo says about the new TVC Jawa, the big bubble , etc but especially the $20 price.  I don't think we even get more than the minimal 5 point articulation.  I saw two today in a Walmart but left them on the pegs - they just ain't worth the price in my opinion.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 10:49:23 AM »

I think you're right - even the old VOTC one was on ROTJ card, so can't even count that one.

I counted the ROTJ version we got back in the VOTC line since the photo was the same (my own personal dividing line). The Rogue One stormy would have served our needs better by being on that photo card with Star Wars branding..... but I actually DO like the Rogue One pic as well & have been regretting not getting one when I was out in BC a few months ago.

Aside: Interesting we're all seeing 2 Jawas - I wonder if that's because the figure is the undesirable one from the full case or because there is another case of more  typical figures with a couple of Jawas thrown in as filler.....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:53:11 AM by jjreason »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174372
  • Total Topics: 14563
  • Online Today: 187
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 41
Total: 42

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 45 queries.