Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 11:01:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

34 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Target Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Nov 7-13  (Read 2839 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Target Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Nov 7-13
« on: November 07, 2014, 04:00:24 PM »

Ok.....this might be a little confusing but Target has 2 flyers going at the same time....one is their weekly flyer (Nov 7-Nov 13) and the other is their  'Wish Book' (which is from Nov 7-Nov27).

Anyhow, I went to my local Target and purchased 2 Star Wars Rebels Tie Advanced Protoype with Inquisitor and 1 Kanan's Phantom Attack shutle (both Target Exclusives). As per their weekly flyer, I bought 2 and got the 3rd one FREE.

But then the Wish Book says that they are $24.99 each and you get a $5.00 gift card with each purchase.

Anyhow, I got all three sets for $49.98 + tax....and the cashier also gave me a gift card for $15.00. (NOT BAD AT ALL!)

Anyhow, most of the Star Wars toys are on sale right now....6" figures are $14.99 each...but I don't see any Stormtroopers as pictured in the weekly flyer, or any of Wave 5 6" Darth Vaders as pictured in the Wish Book. Apparently Wave 5 6"figures are coming to Target, and if they come soon, we will be able to pick them up for $14.99 each from Nov 7th-13th, and $19.99 from Nov 14th -27th (as per the Wish Book). If you buy 2 you get the 3rd one free....that's 9.99 each + tax.  (I would love to pick up some extra 6 inch wave 5 figures for 10 bucks.)

6" Deluxe Figures are on sale for $39.99 each...and if you buy 2 and get one free...then you get them for $26.66 each + Tax. (unfortunately, no $5.00 gift cards with this item).

Target Exclusive 12 inch Shampoo bottle six-pack of figures is $49.99 but you get a $10.00 gift card if you purchase it.

You can also mix and match with other lines like Marvel...not sure about Transformers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:09:21 PM by IanToronto »

Sam

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: Target Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Nov 7-13
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »

lol

Did you have to fight for the $5 gift card each or the casiher offer it to you?

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »

lol

Did you have to fight for the $5 gift card each or the casiher offer it to you?

I didn't even have to ask....which was nice. (But I had the Wish Book with me just in case.)

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 06:18:12 PM »

I noticed that the Buy Two Get One More Free is not just for Star Wars items but also includes many other action figure lines.  You can mix and match and still get the third item free!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »

Transformers were not included in this sale btw (I checked their sign today).

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »

Appropriately branded Lego sets are also included. I bought 2 Hasbro and a Lego item although the procedure was not automated and a manager was called to okay the purchase.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

rc0224

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 05:58:35 AM »

I only got $10 on the gift card since the 3rd item were free and their computer system would only that 10$ on to the card

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 03:05:29 PM »

Nothing in London yet.

Correction.  Got both of them plus the free 3rd and the $10 gift card.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:06:54 PM by darthpaul »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 06:52:23 AM »

Thanks for heads up on this.  I went for (2) Shuttles and (1) Tie Advance.  $24.99 each x3, 1 was free and then I got $15 in gift cards.  Great deal if you can find both vehicles.  If you want just the two, like old man ben said you could make it something from another product line - Barbie is included or another star wars toy.  Lego is not included in the buy 2 get 3, unless you find a customer service representative or manager that over rides the system and gives it to you.  The problem with their sale is there are so many variables and different discounts and even coupons on top of everything that I think instead of figuring what is the sale - some associates just give you the deal.  The Target I visited did have a complete listing of what product lines were included. They also have some good deals on some Nerf and some Call of Duty Mega Blocks.  Make sure you ask for one the gift catalogues with the coupons.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

darthpaul

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »

Thanks for heads up on this.  I went for (2) Shuttles and (1) Tie Advance.  $24.99 each x3, 1 was free and then I got $15 in gift cards.  Great deal if you can find both vehicles.  If you want just the two, like old man ben said you could make it something from another product line - Barbie is included or another star wars toy.  Lego is not included in the buy 2 get 3, unless you find a customer service representative or manager that over rides the system and gives it to you.  The problem with their sale is there are so many variables and different discounts and even coupons on top of everything that I think instead of figuring what is the sale - some associates just give you the deal.  The Target I visited did have a complete listing of what product lines were included. They also have some good deals on some Nerf and some Call of Duty Mega Blocks.  Make sure you ask for one the gift catalogues with the coupons.
Yeah, they would give me the extra $5 for the 3rd shuttle either.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »

Lucky guys! We have yet to find any of the Target exclusives Rebels ships in any Quebec stores, although we have seen the tags on the shelves for almost 2 months telling us they should arrive soon. Guess they'll get here when the sale is over and done. Very cheap move... almost always like that anyway... :-(
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »

I had mixed luck at the Orillia Target today.  I was hoping to find two tie fighters and one attack shuttle but they only had two of the attack shuttles in-stock and no tie's.  I did however get lucky and find a corrected paint-apps 41st Clone trooper while I was there and picked it up along with a BS 3 3/4 Stormtrooper and one of the attack shuttles to make the buy 2 get 3rd free deal.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »

.. Lego is not included in the buy 2 get 3, unless you find a customer service representative or manager that over rides the system and gives it to you.  The problem with their sale is there are so many variables and different discounts and even coupons on top of everything that I think instead of figuring what is the sale - some associates just give you the deal.  The Target I visited did have a complete listing of what product lines were included. ...

At the Targets I have visited which do have signs up listing what is included the signs all say "Star Wars toys" so unless one argues that Lego is not a toy I fail to see how SW Lego is not included. However for Marvel and Disney Princess the signs say Marvel action figures and Disney Princess dolls so I can see that Lego would not be included in those cases. With the amount of in-store restrictions indicated on the signs I think Target should have included a further disclaimer on their ads.

Items included in buy 2 get 1 free:

Mattel/Hasbro Games - board games
Star Wars/Big Hero Six/Disney Cars & Planes/How To Train Your Dragon/Vtech/Minecraft - toys
Marvel - action figures
LeapFrog Explorer - software
Monster High/Our Generation/Disney Princess/Ever After High - dolls
Barbie - dolls & toys

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »

Too bad they didn't have the At-Dp.  I might have to go back and get the Inquisitor Tie and a shuttle again so I can refund the one I got last week.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »

Ok nice! I managed to grab 3 Phantom ships for me and my dear friends! So got them at (24.99$+ taxes) x 2 / 3 = 19.16$ each! :-)

And on top of that, got a 15$ (5$ each) gift card from the cashier (dunno why, I did not expect this, was truly suprized! Guess I should really read more carefully what you guys write on these discussion boards! LOL)

Left the sole and only Inquisitor's Tie  Advance. The ship has no real appeal for me, contrary to the Phantom, for which I see plenty of customizing and display potential in a Rebel Alliance hangar or a Tatooine space port. :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173439
  • Total Topics: 14532
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 34
Total: 35

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 44 queries.