Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 07:03:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Beyond Mortality Toys Orders  (Read 14794 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Beyond Mortality Toys Orders
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »

Hi Everyone.

I ordered three 6 inch Black Series Sandtroopers with black pauldrons (Wave 5) from Beyond Mortality toys back on July 30th and I haven't heard anything yet on my shipment.

Has anyone else who paid and placed a pre-order for Wave 5  6 inch figures gotten a shipment yet?  I would be curious to know who has received their shipment by originally placing a pre-order.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Mortality Toys Orders
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:56:39 PM »

I also placed a couple orders with Beyond Mortality a while back when they had the sale plus free shipping to Canada. Rare for free shipping to Canada from a US based seller.

Anyway, after a few weeks, a couple of the figures I ordered were "in stock" and I had yet to get a shipping notice, so I emailed him and he had them out the next day, and I literally got the package 2 days after that. Those were a couple 3.75 figures.

Fast-forward to today, I also have yet to get the couple 6" figures I ordered from them and they are showing as "in stock" on the website. I emailed him after I saw your post tonight and just got a reply back. He says he'll have them out to me on Black Friday.

So I suggest you email him. You shouldn't have to but it seems he's perhaps been falling behind and not keeping up on orders as promptly as he should. After emailing him I noticed he has a blog, and he posted he is a small business being run out of his home, and he is moving this weekend, so perhaps these are just growing pains and he's just letting things slip a bit. I like to give the benefit of the doubt, his responses to my emails have been prompt. Hopefully my parcel arrives next week.

Link to his blog:
http://blog.beyondmortalitytoys.com/
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:58:30 PM by Darth Cujo »

Bespin-81

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Ash for the win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 07:30:42 AM »

I also haven't received my order.

I haven't gotten responses to my last two emails either.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »

I was going to cancel my orders but after reading the blog a few days ago I was going to hold out a little longer. I wish he could fulfill at least my first order made back in the summer! Especially since those figures are now showing up at retail here.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »

I am in the same boat as everyone here.  I was actually going to post a similar thread here soon but Ian beat me to it.  I placed my pre-order on the same day as Ian and I have yet to see one item show up.  I have also emailed he on a few occasions and received apologetic emails telling me that he's been swamped, stuff has been back-ordered, and he's had to get friends and family to help. 

My biggest problems are that,
A) I had to (I'm assuming everyone else did too) PRE-PAY for my pre-order,
B) His website has shown the items that I have pre-ordered as "In Stock" on his website for weeks now,
C) I've been forced to chase him with emails because there hasn't been any updates to My Account on his website,
D) Items that I 'pre-ordered' have been available at retail now for weeks.  I've always been under the impression that when you place a pre-order you should be receiving your items when or before they start hitting retail.

His last email to me on Fri Nov 14th said that my items were going to be shipped the following (last) week and so far nothing has shown up.  If I don't see anything by this friday I will be emailing him AGAIN and asking for some kind of confirmation that the items actually got sent.  If I don't have any thing here by a week from this friday I will be asking for a refund.  I also pre-ordered the Luke/Wampa Han/Taun taun sets for Feb from him but once this first set of items sorts itself out I think I will be cancelling that order and trying to get my money back.  I will definitely not be shopping from their site ever again.  Not a very good way to start an online business that has competitive sites that offer better service.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who REALLY, REALLY, REALLY misses the service that we got from Legends.  We miss you Steve, thanks for the great help back when you were able to provide it!
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »

I sent an email this morning to Beyond Mortality Toys regarding my 3 figures, and I received a reply back a few hours later from 'Martin' as follows:
"Hello Ian, we are looking at shipping your order the first week in December.  Due to the lack of proper distribution, and most of these being sold through Walgreen's since August, we've had some problems getting in our allottments.  But we're at the end of our difficulties with that so I will make certain they ship the first week in December."
Martin

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »

Well, we do all know how distribution issues have plagued the star wars lines recently (and not so recently), so it may just be a combination of distribution and not being as organized as he could be. I have heard that smaller e-tailers often get the shaft from Hasbro in terms of distribution allotment. 

Personally I wouldn't really care about the delays if I hadn't paid for the figures already. E-tailers shouldn't be taking money in advance unless they know they can deliver in a timely manner. Definitely been a frustrating experience.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »

I have been following his blog. I know he has been having a lot of issues with distribution, had to get a new supplier, etc. I don't think he is the only one affected, but being a new company likely puts him near the bottom of a supplier's priority list. Hopefully the Christmas season helps to push orders through to him and get the distribution process moving along.

He is also moving from his apartment to a new house this weekend - so don't expect to receive any responses until next week. I am sure that once he gets moved in to the new place, he will be able to put his full attention back on his business.

I think some of the reason why he doesn't ship out pre-orders once they show up as in-stock is that they could be part of a larger order, so he is waiting to send those out together. Especially for orders that were in the "Free shipping to Canada" bubble.

I consider myself fairly patient, and never in much of a rush to get pre-orders in-hand as long as I know they're coming eventually. But it has been a little frustrating. I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, considering all the issues that he's been dealing with. I certainly can't blame him if he hasn't been able to get enough stock in. But the window is starting to close on that. I'll give him until the new year, but if things don't start to show up by then I might not continue my patronage.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »

E-tailers are in a tough spot. Their worst nightmare HAS to be stuff showing up en masse at retail just as they're trying to fill pre-orders & orders for stuff that must just seem to trickle in... at these worst possible times.

I really hope things get turned around, it would be great to have a viable Canadian alternative to waiting for stuff to hit retail.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »

Got a confirmation that my first preorder and part of the second (since the original street dates for certain figures got moved, or de-rumoured!). Sent me tracking. Says he'll be out of touch next week as they are moving everything over to the new place.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 04:15:20 PM »

Got my order today! Just 1 week after he sent it out! I think this bodes well. He fulfilled my first preorder (with Ree Yees etc) as well as what he had for the second preorder that included figure that are now not scheduled until 2015 (like Leia, Boussh etc)

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 06:02:02 PM »

I too received a parcel today but am not as happy and optimistic with the situation.  I emailed him as I said I was going to a week from last friday and let him know that if I didn't see anything by friday of last week I would be cancelling all of my pre-orders.  He emailed me back and told me that 'some' of the items that I pre-ordered would be getting out to me first thing next(/last) week, never of-course addressing that he had already told me those items were to have been shipped previously.  Part of my order was for four Stormtroopers that are to be now released in their own cases, but instead of receiving an un-opened case of four I only recieved one.  I had two Sandtroopers on pre-order, I was only sent one.  Also, I pre-ordered a Jabba and a Biker Scout but only recieved the Jabba even though they come from Hasbro in the same box.  On top of it all I am lucky that these were figures that I already had planed to open because if they had been planned to be kept MIB I would have had even more problems to deal with.  While there were styrofoam peanuts put into the box there was still room for the items to shift.  All of the items were dusty, some had small dings/bends to corners and the plastic window on the Darth Vader was busted through at his left boot as though he had been trying to kick his way free. 
I ordered all four figures from wave 5 so a sealed Hasbro shipping case of wave 5 is what should have been sent to me.  The same for the Stormtroopers, now that he has sent one I know for sure he won't be sending me a sealed case for the other three.

I get the feeling that Martin was an eBay seller who decided to try to step it up a notch and start his own website but wasn't fully prepared for all that it entailed.  I will most likely try to just cancel the rest my pre-orders and go through someone else for those same items.  This was another reason that I was leary of the pre-paid pre-orders from the begining.  Now it's just more hassle to deal with.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 08:44:59 PM »

Well that sucks. I do have the feeling however that perhaps he is scrambling to fill orders and perhaps he was holding back on things until other things arrived etc and maybe some got "bruised" in the move. I'm an opener generally so it doesn't bother me but it would if I wasn't.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »

The damage was minimal overall and I did plan to open these items, but to me as a collector who does collect MOC and MIB it just showed a lack of collector respect which should be a given from a specialty shop that only sells collectables.  I don't want to give the impression that there was no effort given to package the items safely because there was, it's just that I have had sellers from this site and even on ebay that have gone further to protect items in transit.

I have no problems with him waiting for things to arrive to ship everything at once and save on shipping.  My problem is that because I prepaid in July and these items have been available at retail for a month or two the time has passed where he should have been able to assemble them all and send them as a group already.  I've emailed him tonight to ask for an ETA for the rest of the items, if he can't provide one I'll just try to get a refund.

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 05:56:17 PM »

It's been nine days today since I emailed to find out what was happening with the rest of my pre-order and I haven't heard anything back.  I've already sent an email today asking for a refund and cancellation of all outstanding "pre-orders".  Who knows if or when he will reply.  I would personally recommend against ordering from this site unless needlessly waiting and being ignored are two of your favorite activities.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174375
  • Total Topics: 14563
  • Online Today: 118
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 28
Total: 29

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 44 queries.