Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2018, 03:05:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

13 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOPPS Star Wars Card Trader App  (Read 2581 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: TOPPS Star Wars Card Trader App
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 01:13:23 PM »

I'll post more on the weekend.

Right now many collectors are "hoarding" because there is a special Monument award on Jan 1st.  Usually you get your name engraved on the back of the card forever. 

I'm caught up in the hoarding frenzy.  Yoda. 

I do spend $$.  I like chasing rare cards.  I also have cut back and only collect sets that I like.  I was collecting every set but then I realized that I don't really like some sets, so why bother. 

I also make my kids play so I can steal their cards.

I wondered what hoarding was all about.
Dang, I never thought of having family members play too and stealing their cards. Maybe I'll load it on my wife's phone and the old phone I gave my kids to play with!

Question: I've figured out that new inserts are released intermittently over time, and that the best chance to pull one is to buy the packs as soon after release as possible. I see the info screen for some packs show a time of day, some show just a day of the week, some nothing - there doesn't seem to be any clear consistency? How do you know for sure when the new stuff hits, or do I just have to keep checking all the time?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:13:35 PM by Wedge1021 »

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »

I'll post more on the weekend.

Right now many collectors are "hoarding" because there is a special Monument award on Jan 1st.  Usually you get your name engraved on the back of the card forever. 

I'm caught up in the hoarding frenzy.  Yoda. 

I do spend $$.  I like chasing rare cards.  I also have cut back and only collect sets that I like.  I was collecting every set but then I realized that I don't really like some sets, so why bother. 

I also make my kids play so I can steal their cards.

I wondered what hoarding was all about.
Dang, I never thought of having family members play too and stealing their cards. Maybe I'll load it on my wife's phone and the old phone I gave my kids to play with!

Question: I've figured out that new inserts are released intermittently over time, and that the best chance to pull one is to buy the packs as soon after release as possible. I see the info screen for some packs show a time of day, some show just a day of the week, some nothing - there doesn't seem to be any clear consistency? How do you know for sure when the new stuff hits, or do I just have to keep checking all the time?

Bottom left corner next to the stormtrooper helmet is a satellite and thats the news feed.  Tells you what sets are being released (albeit right when they get released) and tells you if they are daily or weekly. 
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »

I like to collect the "Marathon" type sets, where they drop one card per week.  I've found that's more my style rather than the daily released card sets.  Not saying I don't jump on those sets too because I just completed the Masterwork Selects set plus the Phasma meld card.  Fan's Choice, Out of the Box, Retro-Active, etc.. are more my style though.  I haven't gotten into the Widevision though, they are usually sold out by the time I see the notification. 

Speaking of Widevision... there has been some HUGE drama on the app over the last few weeks.  So Topps released a pack/set that had (I think 250) low card count cards (1 card count & autographs) for just over $1000 real world money.  As crazy as that is, they did sell some.  Well meanwhile, there was a screw-up with a Praetorian Guard Widevision card drop.  The screw-up was so bad that they had to freeze the card, from trades, and remove it from the overall award that it was going to be part of.  So many people complained about it that Topps offered everyone a refund that was buying the Widevision packs.  Well then they screw-up again.....instead of giving everyone back (in-app) credits they gave crystals (crystals are premium currency, in other words real money). People were getting so many crystals back they jumped on that super pack that was like 40,000 crystals (over $1000 real money).  Tons of the super packs were sold before Topps caught it, so now the people that actually spent $1000 on (fake) cards, no longer have the "elite" cards that they paid for because everyone started getting them.  So now, Topps has angered their high end paid players.  What a gong show that was.  I, unfortunately did not get in on any of that action because I never buy the Widevision cards.

Maybe Richkulach can offer more comments on that.

Anyway, I started to develop a taste for signature cards.  Trying to build my collection to compete with Richkulach.   :P

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
Re: Topps Trading Card App
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »

I just downloaded now, way late to the party. I'm jjreason if anyone wants to trade (or even tell me what the hell to do).

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »

I just downloaded now, way late to the party. I'm jjreason if anyone wants to trade (or even tell me what the hell to do).

I'll find you - I'm wedge1021 on there too. I've become super hooked on it. It CAN be done without spending money. It just takes patience to build up a good base to trade from. I'll PM you some tips.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 06:52:19 PM »

I looked around & tried to get all the free ones today, that was fun. I find it's kinda sporadic as to what it shows me for "my cards", like it doesn't load them all every time or something.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 12:28:00 AM »

I looked around & tried to get all the free ones today, that was fun. I find it's kinda sporadic as to what it shows me for "my cards", like it doesn't load them all every time or something.

Yes - this is a bug in the app that has persisted a long time. Once you go into "my cards", and then go out and get more cards... if you go back into "my cards" it won't have updated. There's 2 ways I use to force it to update. First is to change the 'sort by' criteria. Second is to scroll right to the top and then drag down on the screen from top to bottom. That pulls down the reload circling arrow which forces an update. I use this 2nd option a lot in the news articles and general trade thread. It refreshes to show the most recent comments.

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 12:39:02 AM »

What, there are two threads for this??

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/index.php?topic=23343.0

I've been on it for a year - daily player.   Username: wadeantley.  I'm only hoarding right now - trying to get every past white base Yoda to exactly 1000.  Going for 10,000 for the 6 current series Yoda cards (each). 

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 03:09:20 AM »

What, there are two threads for this??

Not any more. Added you, cash_fan!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 10:41:24 AM »

Started out by looking in awards to see which small sets I'm closest to completing & have requested a couple of trades so far - thanks to those I'm bothering with these insignificant requests.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »

Started out by looking in awards to see which small sets I'm closest to completing & have requested a couple of trades so far - thanks to those I'm bothering with these insignificant requests.

Feel free to bother me as much as you want. Go ahead and swap whatever dupes you need. Take my blues and reds 1:1, or take 1 blue and send me 2 whites, 1 red for 3 whites. Just one caveat - don't send me any Rebels base 4 cards (unless you're just swapping same series).

I'm hoarding base 5 white Wedge (movie version) and Solo base white Moloch.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »

Sent you 5 molochs but I don't have movie Wedge yet. I sent a few other white base 5 dupes for some of yours that are OT ones I didn't have.  :)`
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 171905
  • Total Topics: 14472
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 43 queries.