Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2019, 12:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

25 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Organized  (Read 3515 times)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Organized
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 09:40:55 PM »

I'm all for it.  If I had more time, I would even be willing to be the contact, but for now, will leave that to others.  But count me in as being a supporter of the concept.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 03:37:27 PM »

it is a wonderful idea.

however, I can tell you with 100% confidence that you will get absolutely no where with Sideshow or Gentle Giant. There are already dedicated forums to each brand with thousands of members who've tried to do what you are proposing and they (we) have gotten absolutely nowhere.

It's not entirely surprising... I always got the impression from the Hasbro Q&As that liasoning with the collectorbase was a massive job itself and was hampering the employees from getting their normal duties done on time. It's likely that Sideshow and GG don't have the manpower (or money to hire the added manpower) to pursue this sort of activity.

Then there are companies like LEGO which basically can write their own ticket and don't really need to worry about catering to fans. Their products are super-hot and in-demand, customers will chase after it regardless of whether the corporation liasons with them nor not, so they don't really have to allot the time and money to appoint an ambassador.

Doesn't mean folks shouldn't try... since they do have a twitter presence, but it will be a mostly one-sided affair where the fans are trying to reach out to them rather than them constantly reaching out to us or asking us for our input.

THE Mike™

• Peace out dudes
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Vintage Rules.
    • View Profile
    • BountyHunterToys.com
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 04:11:58 PM »

At the last Canadian joe con I think hasbro canada bailed on them. Or they sent a rep with some stuff on display that was already out and the rep had virtually nothing insightful to say. They may as well have not been there.

Since I was the one that ran the Canadian Joe Con, I can 100% confirm that I had to argue with them to attend, but they dropped the Q&A.... however, it had nothing to do with restructuring at that time, and it was the fallout of how they were treated at another Hasbro Fan-run event.

After that, Hasbro International changed the way it interacted with ALL aspects of the fanbase, across all lines. A year or two later, they restructured internally. 
Wanna sell me your toys? Contact me!

www.bountyhuntertoys.com
118 Ottawa St. North
Hamilton, ON.

Also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bhtoys
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 173439
  • Total Topics: 14532
  • Online Today: 31
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 45 queries.