Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 05:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

29 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRU Sale - Up to 30% off all Star Wars Figures, Vehicles, Roleplay  (Read 2383 times)

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Time for a price adjustment on the new 6-inch Droid 3-pack exclusive for those who have purchased them recently. Acording to toysrus.ca, the single 6-inch figures are 25% off....so hopefully that percentage is extended to the Droid 3-pack as well.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Sale - Up to 30% off all Star Wars Figures, Vehicles, Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 03:37:03 PM »

Droid 3 pack still scanned at $89.99 in the TRU I went to.  I'm sure I can get them on a technicality and get it cheaper, but I am not interested in this set so I didn't bother asking.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 04:10:25 PM »

UPDATE: Tried to get a price adjustment and as reported recently...the Droid 3pack is not part of the current sale....so no adjustment for me.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 04:35:12 PM »

UPDATE #2......got a manual adjustment at a 2nd TRU. Yay!

bob

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 02:35:23 AM »

im not a fan of my TRU here but i hadnt been to it in awhile so i popped in tonight just for fun more or less. didnt even know the sale started today so im assuming i got their earlier enough and found one Admiral Ackbar 3 3/4''. everythign else is crap and i dont want it but i thought for 9 with tax an older Ackbar was a good idea. pretty cool! i like finding things like that when im not even aware of any sales or trying to find stuff. sometimes it works better this way! just on a whim :)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »

UPDATE #2......got a manual adjustment at a 2nd TRU. Yay!

Congrats, like I said, I probably could have argued and got it for a sale price but just wasn't interested in the set.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 10:03:23 PM »

Got my droid pack tonight. Took a 10-15 mins wait on the manager, but she finally came down and agreed I could have the 30% off. She said I probably shouldn't get the discount, but it's not my fault the sale didn't specifically exclude the set.

Too bad Hasbro still can't get their paint apps right. The 6" droids are always bad for having the pin-striping not align from side to side. Artoo had the same issue.

NuroSith

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 03:09:15 PM »

I return from Toy Carrefour Laval .  QC for this, not wanted. I hate the ECLU. and the huge price.
I dont unterstand why they do not want  the 30% off on Droid 3-pack ...  :sign0065:

Droideka

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »

Unfortunately the 3 pack is still scanned at $89.90 today at TRU

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 05:17:40 PM »

Today I also went to my local "Whitby" TRU , armed with my droid set that I bought a few weeks ago to see if I could get a credit. After reading everyone's different experiences I was a little prepared. I first just went in to the store to see what the signs said around the Star Wars isle. The sign said "ALL" Star Wars up to 30% off excluding (what ever it said), but it did not say figures or Black series were excluded. And my store didn't have any droid sets available or even a price tag.  I went back to my car for the droids and receipt and saw the returns girl. I pleasantly presented my receipt and said I was looking to recieve a sale credit as I purchase these a few weeks ago. She scanned the droids and as everyone has been saying , the tru system is not discounting them, they come up as $89.00. She says this to me and I reply this is what I have heard from friends ( SNOWTROOPERS) and that you will probably need a manager to rectify the problem. She smiles and asks a manager , as I mention the flyer says all Star Wars, and doesent exclude the bs line. Now there was no guarantee I would get 30, 25 or even 20 % off as the add says upto 30%. With a smile from me they feel awfully sorry that tru corporate has made an error and now feel the need to make it up to me. I recieved $30 back. 
Now that I see the manager is sympathetic, I offered a solution to a damaged box Rancor set and offered $50 for the $99 set, and said that this toy is geared towards collector adults such as myself, and that most collectors would never buy this due to the box damage. She paused , and was hasienten so I immediately mentioned that last week online this was offered BOGO 1/2 off as tru is sitting idle on these sets and that I wanted to come in the store and take advantage of the offer but there was only one.... This one.   She then looked at me and smiled and said ok, as if I was doing her a favour.  Double score!
Ps -also went to Wally to get my rollback price credit on the two BS 6" hux and atsy x2 , she hesitated and said its been more then 30 days, I then said let's return it and buy it back. She said I have to ask a manager, I then agreed with a smile as I pull out my visa with confendence that the credit will happen. The manager comes , and told the situation and agrees with me. It looked like the return clerk was a little erked , so I said you did the right thing, let the manager deal with the loophole decisions you guys are told 30 days only, this must make your work day hard to deal with. She smiled as she sees that I understand her situation and all was good from there. :artoo:

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 03:39:01 PM »

Ps -also went to Wally to get my rollback price credit on the two BS 6" hux and atsy x2 , she hesitated and said its been more then 30 days, I then said let's return it and buy it back. She said I have to ask a manager, I then agreed with a smile as I pull out my visa with confendence that the credit will happen. The manager comes , and told the situation and agrees with me. It looked like the return clerk was a little erked , so I said you did the right thing, let the manager deal with the loophole decisions you guys are told 30 days only, this must make your work day hard to deal with. She smiled as she sees that I understand her situation and all was good from there. :artoo:

Unfortunately, I don't have the box anymore.  The problem is that all the Walmart stores in my area have never gotten Asty and Hux so it's not in their system.  The lady was willing to do it for me but couldn't because it was not in their system when they scanned the barcode.  I tried online customer service but they said only up to 30 days.

rc0224

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »

I try to price match online but then was told since hux and asty isn't in stock I won't be able to do a price match

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 09:25:32 AM »

I quess Lady Luck was on my side that day.  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 174375
  • Total Topics: 14563
  • Online Today: 118
  • Online Ever: 536
  • (October 31, 2018, 08:32:38 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 29
Total: 31

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 44 queries.