Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 09:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

12 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EB Games  (Read 4636 times)

Dale R. Superstar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: EB Games
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 10:51:52 PM »

I picked up my pre-ordered Gamo Guard today at EB Games .  It is a nice figure (just like The Vintage Collection 4" Gamo Guard), however, $45 plus tax for a six inch piece of plastic is kind of getting ridiculous.  I have been a long time collector of SW figures, however, since Disney acquired the rights, quality has gone way down (5 POA) and prices have gone up (plus TLJ was terrible and Han Solo was average.  Also, no Han Solo product is at retail stores).  I am kind of losing interest in SW figures and collecting for the first time in my life.  Anyone else feel the same? 

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Hungry for some new TVC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 12:12:51 AM »

The allure of collecting, at least for me, has typically been the finding & acquiring more than it has been the enjoying of what I found (weird, yes, I would have to agree).

When you take those out of the equation via bad distribution or simply by NOT creating anything worth finding - the hobby is spoiled, or at least significantly reduced. High prices don't help, but that pain goes away for me pretty quickly as long as I'm satisfied with the item.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 03:03:30 PM »

I picked up my pre-ordered Gamo Guard today at EB Games .  It is a nice figure (just like The Vintage Collection 4" Gamo Guard), however, $45 plus tax for a six inch piece of plastic is kind of getting ridiculous.  I have been a long time collector of SW figures, however, since Disney acquired the rights, quality has gone way down (5 POA) and prices have gone up (plus TLJ was terrible and Han Solo was average.  Also, no Han Solo product is at retail stores).  I am kind of losing interest in SW figures and collecting for the first time in my life.  Anyone else feel the same?

A BIG YES, from me!

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2018, 03:33:12 PM »

Ookk and Frankie, I PMed both of you regarding GGs 6".

dangerlinto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2018, 04:53:03 PM »

Did everyone get their 6" Black Series Gamorean Guard from EB this week? He's really nice though a little hefty on the price tag of $45

I got mine.  It is indeed, very nice.  I can see why they had to charge a little extra.  Figure is amazing. 

I was the only one who pre-ordered at my store and the manager said they only got one other one.  That's not a lot of Gamorrean Guards around, though I expect still more of them than Clone Commander Wolfe, who is already starting to go for hefty prices on eBay.

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2018, 01:17:00 PM »

Black Series 6-inch Admiral Piett is available for pre-order in-store.  I pre-ordered mine today. Item #737834.

Also, there is a mystery 'Vintage' vehicle that looks to be coming on August 1st. I can't see this being the Rogue One Combat Assault Tank  as the price of the vehicle is $199.99.
It's in their system as 738637 STAR WARS VINTAGE VEHICL 199.99. Hmmmmmmmm!

If it's a new Vintage Collection vehicle, I'm gonna be super excited.....please let it be an original trilogy vehicle. We might have to wait until San Diego Comic Con is in full swing to find out what it could be.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:18:47 PM by IanToronto »

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2018, 01:41:59 PM »

Also, there is a mystery 'Vintage' vehicle that looks to be coming on August 1st. I can't see this being the Rogue One Combat Assault Tank  as the price of the vehicle is $199.99.

For some reason I am thinking it's the Sandcrawler. That would fit with the price of $200. Does anyone remember how there was a hint of a Sandcrawler last year?  It was just a silhouette of it and I think suggested as some kind of Disney exclusive... then we never heard anything more about it. But I think the word "playset" was tossed in as part of the hint. So it could be a Sandcrawler vehicle-playset type deal... similar to that Clone Wars republic shuttle that opened up to also function as a playset, since Hasbro likes to combine the two.

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2018, 01:47:01 PM »

I just Pre-ordered my Piett.  Thanks for the SKU!

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »

For some reason I am thinking it's the Sandcrawler. That would fit with the price of $200. Does anyone remember how there was a hint of a Sandcrawler last year?  It was just a silhouette of it and I think suggested as some kind of Disney exclusive... then we never heard anything more about it. But I think the word "playset" was tossed in as part of the hint. So it could be a Sandcrawler vehicle-playset type deal... similar to that Clone Wars republic shuttle that opened up to also function as a playset, since Hasbro likes to combine the two.

The Sandcrawler was actually a vehicle that was going to be put out by Disney....not Hasbro. It was supposed to be part of Disney's droid factory line.  For some reason it's been put on the back burner....there has been no talk about it since May 2018.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Begun, the Tariff Wars have!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2018, 06:33:17 PM »

That's my point.. it was supposed to be from Disney. Then we never heard anything more about it. Maybe Hasbro decided to release a full Sandcrawler and Disney cancelled their plans to offer a likely cheaper, less robust Sandcrawler of their own... no one would want their version if Hasbro was going to do their own.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »

Black Series 6-inch Admiral Piett is available for pre-order in-store.  I pre-ordered mine today. Item #737834.

If it's a new Vintage Collection vehicle, I'm gonna be super excited.....please let it be an original trilogy vehicle. We might have to wait until San Diego Comic Con is in full swing to find out what it could be.

Is the Vintage Collection Vehicle an Ebgames Exclusive?  Or just that ebg will carry it in stock?  I noticed this being discussed on JediTemple Archives a few days ago, where they were showing pictures of the Hover Tank and in the bottom left corner you could see another TVC boxed Vehicle , bigger then the Tank box.
I'm guessing it's a TLJ REBEL BOMBER SHIP!....lol.... Not a rumor, just my guess. :P

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2018, 11:54:54 AM »

Thanks for the item number on Piett. I was able to preorder over the phone at a location near me. One less exclusive to track down. Though after my gammy guard experience I wont relax until I have it in hand.

Now I wonder if ebgames will bring in Veers... really looking forward to that one.

I wonder if the $200 item is the hover tank at a ridiculously inflated price. Wouldn't surprise me.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2018, 01:11:27 PM »

It does say “Vintage” so I would think the Sandcrawler a better bet.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »

It does say “Vintage” so I would think the Sandcrawler a better bet.
Though the hover tank is part of the vintage collection. Either way, just a guess. :)

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2018, 05:24:10 PM »

Maybe you have to buy them in pairs. I'm guessing they will be about $100 each based o  US pricing. Well, $100 for Hovertank I guess is a little optimistic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 171593
  • Total Topics: 14451
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 12
Total: 15

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 44 queries.